In light of the 2.3 negativity I just want reflect my thoughts on ED

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
@Dusty.I'm not about to list all the bugs that still need working on .It's just my opinion that I'd rather they fix missions,route plotting ,cz, wing etc,before they bring new content out.

...And if you read the patch notes that comes with the patches they release, you would realize that this comment still doesn't make any sense.

Let me try for the last time then.Yes I know they are working on and slowly fixing the bugs,yes I agree it's a great game but I would rather they prioritize fixing the bugs rather than trying to develop new content.

Let me try for the last time then.Yes I know they are working on and slowly fixing the bugs,yes I agree it's a great game but I would rather they prioritize fixing the bugs rather than trying to develop new content.

They can't, its a game in development, by playing it, we discover bugs and glitches, they fix, and release the fix as soon as they can. And with every fix, new bugs arise, this is how development works. You never noticed this because you never bought a game in development before. Elite is a one of a kind, no other dev ever did this before.

if you want a bug free game, you should drop elite now, and come back a year after season 10, when they had time enough to iron out the last bugs and glitches.

Thanks for explaining but some of the bugs have been around for awhile now Dusty and I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated with it ,however it helps if I look at it as you described.
I agree elite is one of a kind and no I'm not going to drop elite as I can't handle the withdrawal -)

Sure Elite could use more base content, but that's comparatively easy when considering the huge strides they instead take when it comes to the game's core, and they're obviously moving forward with a narrative.

Amen to that, the vision for this game is so huge that I'm not sure if they'll manage it on this decade

Thanks for explaining but some of the bugs have been around for awhile now Dusty and I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated with it ,however it helps if I look at it as you described.
I agree elite is one of a kind and no I'm not going to drop elite as I can't handle the withdrawal -)

That's makes two of us. Lol.

If you want a game that's completely bug-free, then you're looking at a game that's never going to update again. Every change is going to introduce variables that can cause issues.

Some old issues need to have a structure built around them to provide a proper fix. It's like needing power in a room in your house. You can run an extension cord, or you can wire a new outlet in that room. One is faster, easier, and a temporary solution. One takes some time and work but is a better long-term solution.

This game has eyes on the long-term.

And you think FD couldn't care less about the things that need fixing?
I think we can't even imagine how complex ED is with such a huge variety of mechanics plus a whole back ground sim running along.
I take ED every minute of the day over a game that tries to get everything in one go but never ever gets released, there's a certain title that comes to mind.
I enjoy what ED is and does right, and that's a whole lot more then what still needs fixing or tweaking.
They know what still needs to be fixed, how could they not because it's been rubbed in their faces a thousand times.
Report bugs in the appropriate forum and maybe discuss them in another, but the constant bashing and humiliating of ED and FD is immature and does nothing else but make yourself look childish and a spoiled entitled bratt.

This is not pointed at you personaly AlphaPapaEcho but to those whiners that whine just because they want to have something to whine about.
I don't understand why some still play this game, ED is just garbage and FD consists of a bunch of idiots.

Ps.
I don't realy kick the cat.........well not that hard :p

I respect your opinion Dutchman and I'm glad your not personally pointing at me.
Like Dusty said I was judging ED as I would any other game and wasn't looking at it as a work in progress which does help the frustration I was feeling.
I like a reasoned discussion about Ed and I will respect the opinions of others but my opinion still stands and that is I would like FD to prioritise the major bugs for awhile instead of new content.

I respect your opinion Dutchman and I'm glad your not personally pointing at me.
Like Dusty said I was judging ED as I would any other game and wasn't looking at it as a work in progress which does help the frustration I was feeling.
I like a reasoned discussion about Ed and I will respect the opinions of others but my opinion still stands and that is I would like FD to prioritise the major bugs for awhile instead of new content.

Of course I would like to see the bugs solved rather sooner then later, also before new content, I agree with you there.
I just can't believe that FD is ignorant towards those bugs, it might look that way maybe because some bugs take longer then others.
I'm not the one to determine if a bug should've been fixed by now or not.

In the mean time I can do two things however, 1, enjoy the game as is and report anything that's not working as intended, 2, come over here and whine, insult, degrade and whine some more and spoiling the fun there still is for myself and others FD included.
Some choose the second option, well booohooo to those, no respect from me there.

And again, this is not how I see you :)

o7

I don't believe FD are ignorant of the major bugs .
I've been testing most aspects of ED for 23 weeks of game play now and that means I'm more likely to come across bugs than most(xbox) and hence become more frustrated (my logic lol)
But is it a deal breaker for me?absolutely not.
Is it frustrating to me?not as much as it was 2hrs ago.
Thanks for the response Cmdr's I've posted more here today than I think I have ever done on this forum so far.
Fly free .o7.

Elite dangerous is a fantastic game, and the development team are doing a great job. Call me old, but back in the day I was happy as a pig in poo to play the old elite games. Unfortunately these days people are impatient, and just want want want. Then throw said toys out of the pram if they don't get what they want.

All I can add is " If it's not for you put it down for a while, and come back later."

Personally I would like to thank frontier for bring back such an epic title. 🖒

Fly safe.
I

Elite dangerous is a fantastic game, and the development team are doing a great job. Call me old, but back in the day I was happy as a pig in poo to play the old elite games. Unfortunately these days people are impatient, and just want want want. Then throw said toys out of the pram if they don't get what they want.

All I can add is " If it's not for you put it down for a while, and come back later."

Personally I would like to thank frontier for bring back such an epic title. ��

Fly safe.
I

Completely agree!!
When I remember enjoying the wireframes on the Commodore 64 and look at my 50" plasma now and how ED's looks and plays I just go....WOW!!!!
Nuf said!!

Fly save o7

Jeez, I go away for a few hours and people go nuts because I'm not praising Lord Braben's efforts?

C'mon guys, don't be so blindly bias. I get that some of you are more tolerant than others or core technical issues, but browbeating my views as you have doesn't solve anything.

I'm still actively playing this game every day & haven't quit in a huff because the technical limitations frustrate me. I think it's silly to say 'well if you don't like the game, stop playing then' as a form of counter discussion.

I haven't attacked you guys here, I'm just throwing a contrarian view on the table based on simple, personal subjectivity and not claimed anything more.

Elite is it's own beast and in development I agree, but we're still charging money for it and charging for DLC content besides.

When Ark: Survival Evolved on the Xbox One (still in development) charged for a DLC before it was officially in production, the entire Xbox Community lost their minds over the audacity to do so.

Yet Elite has a DLC already out there and asthetic addons in the market besides.

Or..... do we now accept that it's okay to give a free pass on big technical issues for a 'in production' release forever more & charge for additional content along the way... as long as it's a game we're all enjoying.

It poses an interesting question on accepted standards for game development, doesn't it?

Jeez, I go away for a few hours and people go nuts because I'm not praising Lord Braben's efforts?

C'mon guys, don't be so blindly bias. I get that some of you are more tolerant than others or core technical issues, but browbeating my views as you have doesn't solve anything.

I'm still actively playing this game every day & haven't quit in a huff because the technical limitations frustrate me. I think it's silly to say 'well if you don't like the game, stop playing then' as a form of counter discussion.

I haven't attacked you guys here, I'm just throwing a contrarian view on the table based on simple, personal subjectivity and not claimed anything more.

Elite is it's own beast and in development I agree, but we're still charging money for it and charging for DLC content besides.

When Ark: Survival Evolved on the Xbox One (still in development) charged for a DLC before it was officially in production, the entire Xbox Community lost their minds over the audacity to do so.

Yet Elite has a DLC already out there and asthetic addons in the market besides.

Or..... do we now accept that it's okay to give a free pass on big technical issues for a 'in production' release forever more & charge for additional content along the way... as long as it's a game we're all enjoying.

It poses an interesting question on accepted standards for game development, doesn't it?

So most games get released in a 'finished' state scope-wise, and only grow by the addition of new content.

ED is a game that got released in an 'initial' state of scope, and is having additional features added all the time. Along with a smattering of what can be called content here & there, though content isn't really the focus nor FD's forte.

If you don't understand the difference between a roadmap that promises new features rather than content, then it may indeed appear to you that they released an 'unfinished game'.

But either way, why all the fuss over being charged for seasonal updates, be it features or content or both? They all require a great deal of effort from the development house, and the people who work on it all need to eat. You do understand how the world works, right? Elite has a ten year development plan. Ten years! Do you really think they can go that distance purely from the money pulled in from launching the initial title release?

Put it this way. Looking at this corner of the market, there are three choices of approach.

1. Release a basic initial version of the game and add to it over time. This space game.

2. Spend an aeon in development with next to nothing as yet to show for it. 'The other' space game.

3. Release a finished version of the game in a timely-ish manner without much to be added on later, but fall EPICLY short of the promises you initially made. 'The other other' space game.

4. Magically grow into a bethesda-sized beast so you can deliver it all at once & quickly. Tip - not actually realistically possible.

There you have it. If you look between choices 1-3 you should realise that while the current state of play is far from the perfect situation we'd all be in given our druthers, option 1 is the best possible realistic outcome.

Would you really rather you were in a SC backer situation, still waiting how many years later to play the game you were promised after paying upfront? Or playing NMS, wondering why you payed full whack for a game touted as the daddy of exploration games that turned out to be a half-baked minecraft clone without any of the fun or richness of minecraft?

Last edited:
out.jpg

well said

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom