Newcomer / Intro In the Navy

I have given myself the goal of trying to get a Sol permit. I understand that I need to do Federation Navy missions to get to a certain rank.
The problem is I try to avoid combat (mostly as I'm terrible at it and die too quickly) but often the Navy only offers combat objectives, is there a way around this?

There are a few non-combat rank missions, you could wait for one of those before accepting them, but that might take a while.

You could also have your CMDR get some help from another CMDR.

I have given myself the goal of trying to get a Sol permit. I understand that I need to do Federation Navy missions to get to a certain rank.
The problem is I try to avoid combat (mostly as I'm terrible at it and die too quickly) but often the Navy only offers combat objectives, is there a way around this?

When offered a Navy promotion mission that you don't want to do - exit the mission board then open it again - the Navy promotion missions cycle every time through a sequence of types, pick one you like - or leave it for now if none suit and pick in a later board visit.

There are plenty of noncombat missions.
I am almost Duke with the Empire and have never engaged in combat with humans in ED.
I'm not sure how it comes about but I have the feeling it tends to flow on from what you do to achieve the rank as to which style of Navy mission you get.

I took the same approach. I think it depends a little on which minor faction you work for as well. Pacifist is perfectly possible.

Indeed, there are many non-cambat missions. I did all my ranking without a single fight. The best thing to do, is find a place where lots of factions affiliated with the federation and stack missions - data/courier will stack easier than cargo deliveries unless you have a massive hold like in a T9.

Head out to the Sothis/Ceos systems. Pick up courier missions, like, all of them. Then just jump back and forth and cash them all in in rapid time. No need for combat at all.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
As others stated, there are non-combat missions available. Want to be an Admiral? Smuggle 4 tons of tobacco!

If you are not against combat missions out of principle, you could also get help to finish your mission - you just need to get a few shots at the target, your wingmen can do the rest. They won't get any reward from the mission, but still the bounty.

Top Bottom