Inactive one man squadrons taking up tags

Hey there, sorry if this post is not formatted correctly, its my first time posting here.

I've gone to form a squadron with my friends, and found a one man squadron that has no Inara page and is inactive has taken the tag. It was pretty important to us, is there no possible way we could get this tag? The one man squadron has no reference in the actual name to the tag either.

I'm pretty frustrated, as multiple tags we have tried are all taken by one man squadrons with no inara.

There seems to be an abundance of these completely inactive one man squadrons not doing too much but taking up space. Is there nothing to be done? Should I just change my squadrons name?

Well those players paid their 10 million in game credits to get that tag.

Why should they have to lose it?

Or have to jump through hoops to keep it?

They acquired the game same as everyone, went through the signing up process for the squadron the same as everyone. And then got the tag of their dreams the same as everyone, (except for those who were beaten to the one of their dreams)

What is interesting though is does this mean there is a cap on the number of squadrons available... I believe it's just around 450,000 when you take the swear word ones out...
(26 X 26 X 26 X 26)

What happens when all the codes are taken?

first come first serve.
no diff than a players name.
and AGAIN - - INARA is NOT FDEV.
NOT everyone publishes their stuff to the internet.
As such if its in the game and not on any internet sites, what makes you so sure its available or not available?
to me this is no different than people squatting in other people systems thinking they own it, cause they don't have a clue. zero situational awareness.

pick a name, learn stuff.. move on

How hard can it be for FDev to forward a request to the founding player's email on your behalf to either validate ownership or allow it to be deleted?
It could even be an automated form.
It's no good issuing a ticket because FDev don't care.

o7

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Hey there, sorry if this post is not formatted correctly, its my first time posting here.

I've gone to form a squadron with my friends, and found a one man squadron that has no Inara page and is inactive has taken the tag. It was pretty important to us, is there no possible way we could get this tag? The one man squadron has no reference in the actual name to the tag either.

I'm pretty frustrated, as multiple tags we have tried are all taken by one man squadrons with no inara.
How do you know they are inactive?

This would require FDev to set up a system to monitor when inactive squadrons reach a set time and have the squadron deleted. I doubt they'd see this as the best use of resources.

I don't think deleting the in game assets/information of players is a precedent we want to set as a solution either, no matter how long they've been away.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
In the case of the of the player squatting on the ARRC squadron name, the founder hasn't been seen in game for over three years now. How inactive do you need to be before being declared dead?

o7

Fair enough, if you know that for a fact. I generally agree with the idea of purging inactive Squadrons BTW, but it's a tricky thing to do.

It is pretty sad to see pages upon pages of squadrons that are just 1 or 2 people, most of whom are inactive or just a solo player who wanted to have their own squadron name and nothing more. It's like driving past that old run down shop in your neighborhood that's somehow still open, and wondering if they ever get customers or if the owner just died a long time ago and no one has ever bothered to close up the shop.

They acquired the game same as everyone, went through the signing up process for the squadron the same as everyone. And then got the tag of their dreams the same as everyone, (except for those who were beaten to the one of their dreams)

What is interesting though is does this mean there is a cap on the number of squadrons available... I believe it's just around 450,000 when you take the swear word ones out...
(26 X 26 X 26 X 26)

OK..?

That is way OFF in terms of possible tags, so add its Numbers 1-9,0(- also hyphens?) and 2-3 digit tags as well...(not only four possible), Added to 26 alphabeticals... that's more than 36 optional alphanumeracals...(...over 2,313,441?? -some swears?)

..o7

(26 X 26 X 26 X 26)

Pretty sure you can use just numbers too. That may screw your math up or not as I don't know if you considered that or nah

Pretty sure you can use just numbers too. That may screw your math up or not as I don't know if you considered that or nah
Never made a squadron myself, and do not remember seeing any with numbers in game.

If numbers are there, the maths are 36x36x36x36.

I thought there were all 4 digit codes, no spaces, hyphens etc. But that's only my limited knowledge of those seen on players in game.

Never made a squadron myself, and do not remember seeing any with numbers in game.

If numbers are there, the maths are 36x36x36x36.

I thought there were all 4 digit codes, no spaces, hyphens etc. But that's only my limited knowledge of those seen on players in game.
I'm not 100% have to be 4 characters but tbh I'm in one but not an owner/creator so I'm just assuming

Unfortunately, thems the breaks

Top Bottom