'Inbreeding' Peacocks aka Inbreeding notif for a mating including a contraceptived animal

I really like the inbreeding warning for matings but please can this do a check if either animal has contraceptives?

I have alot of peafowls. Many of which are sentimental and are kept around because they were my first peafowls and I don't want to sell them off. So I just don't let them breed. The rest are breeding freely and I manage and sell off the babies once they are old enough.

One of my females has been trying to bang her father for the last hour. Dad can't breed, she has breedable males in there she can mate with. I don't care if they breed or not tbh I have so many but the pop up is coming up constantly. The notif comes up and it's like oh woops did I forget to toggle someone or miss a baby? nope someone has just decided to 'mate' with a contraceptived male.

I have stopped checking at this point, the notif has become basically usless to me now so if they inbreed they inbreed just because I have other stuff I am doing and don't want to check every 10 seconds so could the game at least check the 'mating' can produce babies before giving the notif? Xx

Last edited:
@Kitherit

I'll take a look! Thanks!

I am glad it's not only me atleast I love the idea since it does affect the babies stats so you could just quick toggle the button to stop it before they actually mate but it just seems kinda useless at this point? I decided I was so annoyed over the messages I just birth controlled all of them and I am still getting the notifs.

The devs want us to keep and bond with our animals but it kinda feels like the notifs are punishing you for keeping your old breeding stock in animals that can and want to live in large groups. So now my choices are sell off my old sentimental stock, make a new pen for each generation or just suck it up and deal with the annoying notifs until the first lot die off.
None seem like attractive options tbh :/

I noticed the new notifications about mating and inbreeding while playing last night... And every time I got the "inbreeding" warning, I clicked over to find that the animal was on contraceptives, so it actually wasn't an issue after all. I like the notification existing, but would prefer if it only popped up when there was actually a risk of pregnancy.
(And it'd be nice if it came just a little bit earlier, rather than when the animals are in the process of mating and it's too late to do anything about it.)

@CRStirpe

Yeah same thing here it got really annoying clicking over and it just... wasn't an issue? They can mate all they like nothing would happen so why the need to tell me?

I think you can pause and quick click the toggle to interupt the pregnancy. They will still mate but nothing will come of it. I only needed it once though and it may have been a fluke but yeah if you don't instant click the notif they are just going to carry on regardless and with the amount of notifs you get it's easy to miss some.

I really like the inbreeding warning for matings but please can this do a check if either animal has contraceptives?

I have alot of peafowls. Many of which are sentimental and are kept around because they were my first peafowls and I don't want to sell them off. So I just don't let them breed. The rest are breeding freely and I manage and sell off the babies once they are old enough.

One of my females has been trying to bang her father for the last hour. Dad can't breed, she has breedable males in there she can mate with. I don't care if they breed or not tbh I have so many but the pop up is coming up constantly. The notif comes up and it's like oh woops did I forget to toggle someone or miss a baby? nope someone has just decided to 'mate' with a contraceptived male.

I have stopped checking at this point, the notif has become basically usless to me now so if they inbreed they inbreed just because I have other stuff I am doing and don't want to check every 10 seconds so could the game could at least check the 'mating' can produce babies before giving the notif? Xx
I've already ranted about this in the 1.0.3 update notes don't even get me started I- 🤬😫😤👿

@KaoRu

Well maybe if a few people have mentioned it they will change it but it's a shame most of these updates are well meaning but just don't quite hit the mark?

Top Bottom