General / Off-Topic Incoming Asteroids! No need to panic again.

So they are all going to miss, leaving us to suffer the locusts, the famines, the fires, the unemployment, economic woes, social isolation, and the viral pneumonia.
👍

The Dinosaurs had it so good. But I'm not bitter. I have a cell phone.

So they are all going to miss, leaving us to suffer the locusts, the famines, the fires, the unemployment, economic woes, social isolation, and the viral pneumonia.
👍

The Dinosaurs had it so good. But I'm not bitter. I have a cell phone.

With their dinky little arms they couldn't have dialled anyway.

Well personally, for all my ranting and raving about humanity's reaction to COVID, I think that we need something like this - a large-scale crisis - to put things in perspective, get our priorities straight, you know.

Well personally, for all my ranting and raving about humanity's reaction to COVID, I think that we need something like this - a large-scale crisis - to put things in perspective, get our priorities straight, you know.

Problem is, most won't learn anything from it, and those who do will quickly forget once their daily routine returns to normal. Why do you think we're still having these outbreaks?

Problem is, most won't learn anything from it, and those who do will quickly forget once their daily routine returns to normal. Why do you think we're still having these outbreaks?
We're still having the outbreaks because people without symptoms are breaking self-isolation, even though they live with people do have symptoms. People just think that the coughing is the entire disease.

The sad truth is that nothing will ever change. The human race is stuck in a vicious circle of complacency and self-important ignorance. People just take these big events as their cue to start disadvantaging everyone else for their own benefit.

I get around the whole toilet roll panic by eating lots of fibre and going before I shower.
I've spent considerable time in India (once I was there for a year) and Asia. In those countries toilet paper is never used (except possibly for westerners in high-class hotels).

I'm used to living without toilet paper and using other means; doing it Asian/Indian style.

Toilet paper is the least of my concerns. If thing get bad we can always use newsprint; it's certainly useless for reading or getting information from.

Top Bottom