General Gameplay Indominus Rex

It would be nice if the Indominus could change to colors other than green. And maybe even completely camouflage

It would also be fun if the Indominus can Disappear from the map screen occasionally.

Small Idea but fun.

Camouflage is already a feature of the game.
It's included in the Dr. Wu DLC.

It disappearing from the map isn't a feature though. It's been suggested many times before, but yes it could be make the Indominus more interesting and unique.

Camouflage is already a feature of the game.
It's included in the Dr. Wu DLC.

It disappearing from the map isn't a feature though. It's been suggested many times before, but yes it could be make the Indominus more interesting and unique.
Yes, I know that the Indominus can camouflage, but only into green. I'd like to see other colors, maybe just 2, I'm fine with that.

Wait it only camos green? Have you tried different terrain? And the disappearing off the map thing sounds like an awesome challenge!

Wait it only camos green? Have you tried different terrain? And the disappearing off the map thing sounds like an awesome challenge!
In my experience anyway. I'm not sure for if anyone else experiences this. Yes even in different terrain she only changes to green.(Again, in my gaming experience)

The Indominus rex's camo colors depend on the color of the ground and the perimeter of the ground. When it's standing in a primary surface (Grass/Dirt, Stone/Shale, Sand, and even paths), it will change completely to that color. If the close surrounding ground has mixed colors like green and grey, it will have a mixed pattern of those respective colors.

The Indominus rex's camo colors depend on the color of the ground and the perimeter of the ground. When it's standing in a primary surface (Grass/Dirt, Stone/Shale, Sand, and even paths), it will change completely to that color. If the close surrounding ground has mixed colors like green and grey, it will have a mixed pattern of those respective colors.
Wow! I didn't know nor experienced that. I'll have to experiment with this later today.

If she doesn't change into any other color than green, in advanced I'd like to ask, is there a setting for this? Because currently I'm playing with everything set to low, except the Processing power, and the TAA is off.

Wow! I didn't know nor experienced that. I'll have to experiment with this later today.

If she doesn't change into any other color than green, in advanced I'd like to ask, is there a setting for this? Because currently I'm playing with everything set to low, except the Processing power, and the TAA is off.
To answer your question: No, there is no option setting for that. You just have to have enough of one color around her from where she stands and then it will take effect. The forest and shrub painted (where dirt and stone can be/get replaced by pre-painted grass) surfaces are recipes to make the Indominus turn green when the camo gene is activated.

To answer your question: No, there is no option setting for that. You just have to have enough of one color around her from where she stands and then it will take effect. The forest and shrub painted (where dirt and stone can be/get replaced by pre-painted grass) surfaces are recipes to make the Indominus turn green when the camo gene is activated.
Okay I'll test it out when I have time. Side question, does she change into the color/shade of the water too? Because if yes, I'll be testing that out as well. Anywayz THANKS!!!! (I'm 12)

Okay I'll test it out when I have time. Side question, does she change into the color/shade of the water too? Because if yes, I'll be testing that out as well. Anywayz THANKS!!!! (I'm 12)
No, she can't change into the color of the water. However, I did realize that where ever she stands when out of the forest and with the gene activated, you may once in a while notice that she may not go fully camouflage into any respective color at any random moment when it turns on. So you may notice some patches of grey when that happens, I think even when she has a cosmetic gene applied to her.

No, she can't change into the color of the water. However, I did realize that where ever she stands when out of the forest and with the gene activated, you may once in a while notice that she may not go fully camouflage into any respective color at any random moment when it turns on. So you may notice some patches of grey when that happens, I think even when she has a cosmetic gene applied to her.
Good to know. But yeah, they should let her change into the shade of the water.

Still don't have time to experiment.

So it does seem like the terrain does affect the I-rex's camo... though it's not perfect. All of these were done with the default skin I-rex - camo used on sand and rock seem to have far less green than if used on grass or mud.

Top Bottom