Initial start up screen not displaying all information

Hello
Since purchasing Horizons last week, my start up screen does not display all the items I had when using just the base game. Ares, in particular the right hand side and parts of the sub click on titles are simply missing and blank.

Any ideas for a resolution please?

Hi all
I found this advice elsewhere on the forum, tried it, and it's worked for me.

Try this:
Right click on your launcher
Select Properties
Select Compatibility Tab > Change high DPI settings
Check the box "Use this setting to fix scaling problems..."
In the box "Use the DPI that's set for my main display when" set to "I open this program"
In the "High DPI scaling override box " select the check box and set to "System"
Select ok
Select apply
Select ok

Hope you have luck with it

Hello
Since purchasing Horizons last week, my start up screen does not display all the items I had when using just the base game. Ares, in particular the right hand side and parts of the sub click on titles are simply missing and blank.

Any ideas for a resolution please?
Hi all

Try this:
Select Properties
In the box "Use the DPI that's set for my main display when" set to "I open this program"
In the "High DPI scaling override box " select the check box and set to "System"
Select ok
Select apply
Select ok

Hi all

Try this:
Select Properties
Select ok
Select apply
Select ok

Hey, that worked as you said it would. Thankyou so much. I wonder why it changed? Thanks again. Take the rest of the day off.

One of the recent Windows updates messed up one of Windows' browser implementations. Unfortunately, that was the browser implementation/framework that is used by the Launcher...

Hi again

So pleased the solution worked for you. However, I must point out that the solution was posted originally by 3NitroT6, to whom all qudos should be given. Tbh, I was so pleased to find a solution that worked that I wanted to post it to others with the same problem asap, and in doing so, I failed to give the credit to 3NitroT6. I just wanted to set that record straight, give credit to whom it's due, and apologise for not doing so with my original post.
To 3NitroT6, I'd like to join in adding my own thanks for a very nifty solution!!

Hi again

So pleased the solution worked for you. However, I must point out that the solution was posted originally by 3NitroT6, to whom all qudos should be given. Tbh, I was so pleased to find a solution that worked that I wanted to post it to others with the same problem asap, and in doing so, I failed to give the credit to 3NitroT6. I just wanted to set that record straight, give credit to whom it's due, and apologise for not doing so with my original post.
To 3NitroT6, I'd like to join in adding my own thanks for a very nifty solution!!

No probs. Well done to the man:- 3NitroT6

Drat, it did not work for me. I am grateful fix worked for others... "Never give up never surrender". I rebooted, tried, rebooted, repeat several times just to be sure or work on my OCD skills, tough to tell sometimes. Win 10 Pro Workstation/AMD/blah blah blah...4K monitor native 3840x2160. Hasn't worked for over a year and I just ignore it. Screenshot below. Screenshot 2021-01-04 172923.png

Ash

Top Bottom