Insectivore species to consider adding to the game

I think it would be a good idea to add more insectivores into the game. Right now, the only species that can currently use insectivore feeders is Jeholopterus. It would be nice to get more insectivores added into the game. Some insectivore species that I think could make nice additions to the game include:
Epidexipteryx, a genus of small paravian dinosaurs that lived during the middle or late Jurassic period that was found in the Daohugou Beds of Inner Mongolia, China (about 160 or 154 mya). It known from one fossil specimen in the collection of the Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology in Beijing. Fossil evidence suggests its body was covered in feathers. Its name, Epidexipteryx hui, means Hu's display feather, and its Chinese name Hushi Yaolong ("Hu Yaoming's dragon") were coined in memory of paleomammologist Hu Yaoming. Epidexipteryx represents the earliest known example of ornamental feathers in the fossil record. It is thought to be capable of gliding.
1701882022942.png

Yi qi, A genus of scansoriopterygid dinosaurs from the Late Jurassic of China. It is known from a single fossil specimen of an adult individual found in Middle or Late Jurassic Tiaojishan Formation of Hebei, China, approximately 159 million years ago. It was a small, possibly tree-dwelling (arboreal) animal. Like other scansoriopterygids, Yi possessed an unusual, elongated third finger, that appears to have helped to support a membranous gliding plane made of skin. The wings of Yi qi were also supported by a long, bony strut attached to the wrist. This modified wrist bone and membrane-based plane is unique among all known dinosaurs, and might have resulted in wings similar in appearance to those of bats. Researchers believe it was capable of gliding and given it could only glide limited distances, it likely preferred to live in forests.
1701881511270.png

Shuvuuia, A genus of bird-like theropod dinosaur from the late Cretaceous period of Mongolia. It grew to be around 1 meter (3.3 feet) in length and 3.5 kilograms (7.7 lb.) in body mass. Shuvuuia is unique among non-avian theropods in the skull's ability to perform prokinesis, that is, it could flex its upper jaw independently of its braincase. The name Shuvuuia is derived from the Mongolian word shuvuu (шувуу) meaning "bird".
1701893893776.png

Jaculinykus, An extinct genus of alvarezsaurid theropod dinosaur from the Late Cretaceous Baruungoyot Formation of Mongolia. The generic name, "Jaculinykus", combines a reference to the Jaculus, a small dragon in Greek mythology with the Greek word "onykus," meaning "claw". The specific name "yaruui" is derived from "yaruu" ("яаруу"), the Mongolian word for "speedy" or "hasty".[1]
1701889897250.png

Ceratonykus, a monospecific genus of alvarezsaurid dinosaur from Mongolia that lived during the Late Cretaceous (late Campanian stage, 72.1 Ma) in what is now the Barun Goyot Formation. It has an estimated length of 75 centimetres (2.46 feet) and weight of 760 grams (1.68 pounds). The generic name, Ceratonykus, is derived from the Greek words "ceratinus" (horned) and "onyx" (claw). The specific name, oculatus, is derived from the Latin word "oculatus" (sharp-sighted, big-eyed).
1701893947543.png

Dzharaonyx, A genus of alvarezsaurid theropod dinosaur from the Late Cretaceous Bissekty Formation of Uzbekistan. The type species is Dzharaonyx eski; eski being an Uzbek word for "old". It is thought to have lived in a brackish environment.
1701890239561.png

Albertonykus, An alvarezsaurid dinosaur from the Maastrichtian-age (Upper Cretaceous) rocks of the Horseshoe Canyon Formation of Alberta, Canada. Albertonykus is interpreted as having fed on wood-nesting termites because the forelimbs appear specialized for digging, but are too short for burrowing. It is the earliest-known North American alvarezsaurid. Albertonykus is the smallest known alvarezsauridae ever discovered in North America, measuring 1.1 meters (3.6 feet) long and weighing 5 kilograms (11 lb.).
1701891500917.png

Mononykus, A genus of alvarezsaurid dinosaur that lived during the Late Cretaceous in what is now Asia on the Nemegt Formation, about 70 million years ago. It is estimated to have grown around 1 to 1.2 meters (3.3 to 3.9 feet) in length with a weight of 3.5 kilograms (7.7 lb.). It was an insectivore.
1701892668876.png

Serikornis, A genus of small, feathered anchiornithid dinosaur from the Upper Jurassic Tiaojishan Formation of Liaoning, China. While a specimen was found to have had evidence of possessing feathered wings, it is believed to have not been able to fly. Its name means "Ge Sun's silk bird", a reference to the plumulaceous-like body covering evident in the fossil. The specimen's nickname, "Silky", refers to the striking resemblance of the delicate hindlimb filaments to the modern Silky breed of domestic chicken.
1701893541785.png

Please share your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions bellow.

I'm not sure about Microraptor. Wikipedia indicated that there were multiple instances where dead mammals, birds, and lizards were found in its stomach.
Being an Aviary animal, it sort of looks like the choice of Insects or Fish as diet. The meat feeders aren't place-able in Aviaries, I'm guessing because of the fact that diseases can infect them and the drones aren't made for that cleaning interaction?

Being an Aviary animal, it sort of looks like the choice of Insects or Fish as diet. The meat feeders aren't place-able in Aviaries, I'm guessing because of the fact that diseases can infect them and the drones aren't made for that cleaning interaction?
A video I found seems to suggest goat feeders can be put in the aviaries, although I'm not sure if you can actually place goat feeders in there or if the goat was there before the aviary was built and got trapped inside when it got built. I think the developers consider allowing meat feeders and, if not already possible, goat feeders to be built in aviaries in order to allow certain species like Rahonavis, Sinornithosaurus, and Changyuraptor to be added to the game down the line. Additionally, Wikipedia has indicated that Quetzalcoatlus remains have been found far from the ocean. It is thought to have hunted its prey from the ground based on the proportions of its limbs, which is similar to modern hooved mammals, and its ability to turn its head 180 degrees. Additionally, the developers gave Quetzalcoatlus hunting animations for when it escaped its enclosure and it is able to feed on dinosaur carcasses.
I'll include links to the video that shows this and the Wikipedia article here:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNBOuN7jyPo

A video I found seems to suggest goat feeders can be put in the aviaries, although I'm not sure if you can actually place goat feeders in there or if the goat was there before the aviary was built and got trapped inside when it got built. I think the developers consider allowing meat feeders and, if not already possible, goat feeders to be built in aviaries in order to allow certain species like Rahonavis, Sinornithosaurus, and Changyuraptor to be added to the game down the line. Additionally, Wikipedia has indicated that Quetzalcoatlus remains have been found far from the ocean. It is thought to have hunted its prey from the ground based on the proportions of its limbs, which is similar to modern hooved mammals, and its ability to turn its head 180 degrees. Additionally, the developers gave Quetzalcoatlus hunting animations for when it escaped its enclosure and it is able to feed on dinosaur carcasses.
I'll include links to the video that shows this and the Wikipedia article here:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNBOuN7jyPo

You can place Goat Feeders in the aviaries. The Meat Feeder can't be since pterosaurs don't use it, but they do hunt and eat the goats. If you're playing Sandbox with Comfort off the Goat Feeder is a great replacement for the Fish Feeder for Quetzalcoatlus.

I don't think we'll be getting more insectivores until/unless Frontier adds the Insect Feeder to the base game. It would force people to buy the Feathered Species Pack in order to be able to feed new insectivorous species. An alternative would be to adjust existing animals to have the option to eat from the Insect Feeder without making it a need. Sinoceropteryx, Moros, Compsognathus, Coelophysis, and maybe also Archaeornithomimus, Gallimimus, and Struthiomimus would be the best candidates.

I don't think we'll be getting more insectivores until/unless Frontier adds the Insect Feeder to the base game. It would force people to buy the Feathered Species Pack in order to be able to feed new insectivorous species. An alternative would be to adjust existing animals to have the option to eat from the Insect Feeder without making it a need. Sinoceropteryx, Moros, Compsognathus, Coelophysis, and maybe also Archaeornithomimus, Gallimimus, and Struthiomimus would be the best candidates.
While I do agree with your point, it kind of defeats the purpose for them to create a new type of feeder and only have one animal in the game that can use it. I am hoping they add more species or make it so more species in the game can use the insect feeder, so it can be utilized more frequently by a wider array of species.

If there was an insectivore pack coming, the species I would pick for the pack are:
1: Mononykus
1707320635595.png

2: Yi qi
1707320801061.png

3: Epidexipteryx
1707321038974.png

4: Serikornis
1707321169871.png

Top Bottom