Inspector Missing in Twilight Pack Career Mode

I am playing the Twilight Career Scenario, which is now in year 16. The inspector has not shown up for many, many years (in the report, I have only shown two habitats). It's the last thing missing for finishing it in hard mode. Any solution for this, or did this happen to anyone else?
EDIT: It's the reporter, not inspector.

Last edited:
Yes, this has happened in all my attempts to finish this scenario. She just stops coming after the very first visit.

In one zoo, she simply started to appear again a number if years after I opened the scenario again the next day. she still shows up regularly now in my next attempt. But I still cannot finish this new and the previous scenario because I don’t get a single Himalayan brown bear in the market anymore. I played the first zoo where that first happened until I had over 300k in cash, so it definitely is not a question of patience. They just went extinct. I’m ready to give up on this scenario until it gets fixed.

I did the update on the side, so it didn’t consciously register… That explains the reappearance of the reporter, but apparently also the disappearance of the Himalayan Brown Bear. I opened a couple of my older attempts of the scenario, and in none of the markets was even a single one of them, while the reporter was almost immediately announced as returning in 12 months.

I will try to finish my older save where I got three bear cubs at once and hope the female will give me another three the next time as well so I don’t have to replace any bears via the market.

I checked the Himalayan Brown Bears in the other scenarios where I know this animal is available - same story: none to be had in any saved scenario. I converted one of these scenarios to a Sandbox zoo, and the bear was available. And after opening my Twiltight scenario again - there they were: 3 lovely bears for purchase in the market.

Well, the reporter came, but the previously recorded crime rate never changed in the scenario goals. I had cameras everywhere and spammed each workzone with guards long before the reporter came; there is really nothing else to do. Too many people and too many pockpockets to stay below 8 incidents. I closed the zoo to get rid if the over 5000 guests and then opened it again with even higher entrance prices. This time, with so many fewer guests in the zoo, the actual crime rate was really low during the entire visit, but it was not recognized in the scenario goals, which still remained at 18, the number that probably was recorded during the very first reporter visit since this number never changed.

I also powered everything with renewable energy. This goal is also not recognized.

Was all this eventually sorted? I am only doing that scenario now and my version seems especially bugged. Overall the choice of animals on the market is so limited. No Himalayan bears to buy. Impossible to get a pair of breedable Wombats. Also, difficult to get conservation credits and I keep running out of cash. All this and I am playing on easy?!

Was all this eventually sorted? I am only doing that scenario now and my version seems especially bugged. Overall the choice of animals on the market is so limited. No Himalayan bears to buy. Impossible to get a pair of breedable Wombats. Also, difficult to get conservation credits and I keep running out of cash. All this and I am playing on easy?!
This is a tricky scenario with lots of intentional difficulties built in.

• There is a limited number of species available by design. This is often the case in the scenarios.
  • Not all species are available at all times. So it might be that the Himalayan bear is just momentarily not available. Continue with the other tasks and keep an eye on the market.
  • I also had to buy a single wombat initially; later on, another became available.
  • In this scenario, you can only get CC by releasing animals you breed. This is intentional as is the difficulty of generating a steady income.

Keep your guests happy by fulfilling their needs and they will happily part with their money. Place highly attractive animals close to the start of the zoo (bat exhibit), e.g. grizzly bears. If your zoo gets swamped with more guests than your zoo can handle and keep happy, you can raise the entrance price.

This is a tricky scenario with lots of intentional difficulties built in.

• There is a limited number of species available by design. This is often the case in the scenarios.
  • Not all species are available at all times. So it might be that the Himalayan bear is just momentarily not available. Continue with the other tasks and keep an eye on the market.
  • I also had to buy a single wombat initially; later on, another became available.
  • In this scenario, you can only get CC by releasing animals you breed. This is intentional as is the difficulty of generating a steady income.

Keep your guests happy by fulfilling their needs and they will happily part with their money. Place highly attractive animals close to the start of the zoo (bat exhibit), e.g. grizzly bears. If your zoo gets swamped with more guests than your zoo can handle and keep happy, you can raise the entrance price.
Thanks for the advice, very helpful. I see reading other posts that some folk started by adding habitats etc at the top of the mountain. Did you also find that helpful? I do not seem to have any trouble getting the peeps down the mountain, only the other problems previously mentioned.

I never did that or found it necessary. As you say, the goal is to get them down the mountain, not to keep them up there (except some players apparently built the entire zoo up on the mountain :D). With a food court and the grizzlies right at the start of the zoo, they have enough incentive to come down.

i got this now im still having issues with it got all animals 5 stars no bloomin reporters they say they coming but dont i feel like i may need to restart zoo get all stuff done ready before i get reporter to visit

Top Bottom