Interesting response to passenger mission kerfuffle embedded in 3.0 release?

So, maybe it's just me, but I'd watched the sturm-und-drang associated with the removal of the long distance bonus applied to passenger missions a month or two ago. And I'd noted that "nerfing" was presented as a temporary change pending further rebalancing consideration.

Well, apparently that rebalancing consideration has happened and the results are in. I noted today that long distance passenger missions are now paying only about half per passenger per seat as they were, post nerf. Put another way, the total mission amounts one might see in the new mission board presentation are about what they were a couple days ago, but the number of passengers in each of those missions has increased dramatically (and has seemingly doubled in many cases -- at least in my home system, which happens to be adjacent to one of those long-distance stations that was a payday bonanza a few months back).

So I guess the community has their answer: The nerf got doubled down on. Or are my perceptions wrong?

OTOH, VIP missions remain untouched. ...however, as an aside, the VIP missions that have you ferrying wanted passengers are now more risky under the new C&P rules, but they grant no consideration (pay) for your increased risk in accepting those missions.

Top Bottom