ANNOUNCEMENT Interstellar Initiatives - Bridging the Gap Preview

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Greetings Commanders,

As you may have seen on tonight's livestream, we're proud to introduce the all new, first ever Interstellar Initiative - Bridging the Gap!

Check out the video below presented by Community Manager, Will Flanagan for an introduction of these upcoming activities.

Bridging the Gap will begin on 29 April 2019, beginning with a decision for the community to make together! We'll be releasing more information starting April 29, so be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, or simply check back here on the forums.

Fly safe, Commanders.

Last edited:
Thank god,
Its nothing to do with the empire and the war of words that the young ones and old fuds are having over there new found family member... (y)
So the empire wont be going to civil war... :unsure:

Making guardian tech easily accessible would be doing the race a displeasure. It should be hard to get because it’s not human. After spending the last 27 days GRIDING non stop to gain guardian tech and to hear this? Not pleased. if someone could specify if I have this idea of guardian technology being easily accessible please elaborate

Making guardian tech easily accessible would be doing the race a displeasure. It should be hard to get because it’s not human. After spending the last 27 days GRIDING non stop to gain guardian tech and to hear this? Not pleased. if someone could specify if I have this idea of guardian technology being easily accessible please elaborate
From the video it seams that the II (Interstellar Initiatives) goal will be too have a Mega ship taxi built that will jump on a weekly cycle from the bubble to a planet that we choose then after a set time jump back to the bubble... this means landing on the mega ship before it jumps...
(From the video Only description to be confirmed at the start of the event)

It seams that there will be a rival side that want to Stop the mega ship being built to restrict the tech to those who are able to fly there manually to systems to get the tech. This will keep the tech as a restricted item...

what the Phases will be and how the mega ship event can fail will likely be announced on that monday...

Last edited:
This is going to be great! I love how FDev is fixing the seemingly pointless Community Goals and allowing players to effect the sorry and the game itself.
I'm betting this will wash the taste of Gnosis away and provide some interesting politics with CMDRS for or against an Initiative, especially if you need to designate a side and stick with it for the duration. :cool:

As a semi reformed CG addict I am trying to be optimistic about this but people bandying terms like politics and story around make that very difficult.

One of the good things about CGs was that most of them had little effect other than short term or locally so there was no feelings of guilt for the ones you failed to contribute to, I am not so sure these will feel as guilt free.

Top Bottom