Community Event / Creation Introducing: The Crazy Colonia Corrosive Cargo Caravan

Happy to report a delivery! Especially glad I noticed Arcanonn's Legacy is on a 2G planet, as I had no shields :D

VtVd1GM.png

aKMYLtn.png

I think that comes to 315 points ;)

I also brought along some human corrosives (I think at least one is a corrosive) so the local science crew can compare them, as a bonus:
v0mKx5z.png

SQpCc1I.png

I self-teabagged (don't google!) to get the goods, hope that's not an issue. Since I didn't die I could have probably just used one CMDR, but there were enough ship swaps as it was. I also shipped everything in CRCR, so the journey was long, but only scary when collecting / delivering. It was fun to update myself on where to get all the stuff - I think Interceptor samples are now easiest from the old Distress Call POI at Delphi 6, and the Research Limpets appeared to work correctly now - I may go back and get a 'conda full of scout samples to check. Also: Now the DBX have been given the 2 extra size 1 slots it is an even better sampler - easily fitting 6 collectors on a cold build.
Awesome! I've just got my conda down and fitted out to land some hearts... will only get one or two tonight as I've got three hours of study time queued :(

BTW, since you've got a splash of everything, does the scoring feel sane?

Great job! I'm about 11K out from Canonnia. I'll post my results when I get there, hopefully tonight.

I won't have the really good stuff (hearts or tissue), as I planned this badly and started collecting the other stuff, first and then realized my Cutter only has 16T in it and can't transfer all this stuff over to it lol.

Great, so now that all this Xeno tech is heading up to Colonia, I think I'll move my Cutter bug killer up there LOL 20LY jumps at a time. Fully outfitted for war.
Also my Cutter's name is Bayer AG. A really large pesticide corporation based out of Germany (LOL). I was thinking about just naming it Cutter, a backyard insect control spray, but a lot of people will have just thought I named my Cutter what it already is.

.. and done. As of late last night
416? Unless I left something out.

Attachments

• IMG_4766a23b-4cba-49bd-bf66-632646af7def.png
    IMG_4766a23b-4cba-49bd-bf66-632646af7def.png
    193.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Another 144 scout samples delivered - really I just wanted to test that sampling is fixed (I had zero failures). Not sure why I then decided to deliver them to Colonia ;)

View attachment 163087
Yeah I did notice the sampling had possibly been fixed... though for some reason I did try and hot-sample a Medusa (i.e tank it's damage)... barely got away!

I wish FD would announce these stealth-fixes though... between all the "lack of galnet" and stuff going on at the moment, if I knew about when these activity-breakers got fixed, I'd be a much happier chappy.

Also, 144 scout samples? Whaaat? Also, isn't that like, 720 points? Awesome :)

BTW, do Hydras still spawn in Threat 8's around the Pleiades? I saw a Threat 9 (which is def Hydra, but will be bad for taking samples) so they must happen, but all the Threat 8's i've hit are Scouts + Medusa :(

BTW, do Hydras still spawn in Threat 8's around the Pleiades? I saw a Threat 9 (which is def Hydra, but will be bad for taking samples) so they must happen, but all the Threat 8's i've hit are Scouts + Medusa :(
I tried multiple 8s and 9s but gave up as they all had scouts - the Distress Call at Delph 6 spawned all the interceptors, including Hydras, and I never saw a scout. Probably the other static distress calls would also work. They also have the advantage over Megaships that they don't seem to spawn search & rescue.

I tried multiple 8s and 9s but gave up as they all had scouts - the Distress Call at Delph 6 spawned all the interceptors, including Hydras, and I never saw a scout. Probably the other static distress calls would also work. They also have the advantage over Megaships that they don't seem to spawn search & rescue.
Exactly what I've just started doing XD Thanks

Also... guess what just happened!

1582411204825.png

Last edited:
heh - I think they are a rare spawn. I collected the other Interceptor variants - assumed Hydra would not spawn in the Distress Call - went off and looked in around 10 NHSS8/9 without joy - went back to the Distress Call and was greeted by a Hydra as soon as I dropped in - the gods of RNG were kind to me that day, I have never been as happy to see the bright glow of a hydra as it turned to say 'hi'.

heh - I think they are a rare spawn. I collected the other Interceptor variants - assumed Hydra would not spawn in the Distress Call - went off and looked in around 10 NHSS8/9 without joy - went back to the Distress Call and was greeted by a Hydra as soon as I dropped in - the gods of RNG were kind to me that day, I have never been as happy to see the bright glow of a hydra as it turned to say 'hi'.

Well, I've got about 100-odd items stocked in my hold... spending time on my course now, but I tell you what, I've been hyperdicted about six times now, and it's never been more scary than it is with all that in the hold.

Just flushed a goid base of all it's stuff, and I thought "If one shows up as I'm leaving in the SRV, I'm totally screwed"

Trudging up to Colonia with my cargohold full of Thargoid mats now... y'know what would make my day? A hyperdiction... if that happened halfway between sol and colonia, I'd lose my marbles.

Top Bottom