Investment

Ah Investment - that bizarre state that allows for further expansions (YAY!) and puts Conflict Zones into ceasefire (NAY!).
And the only state that can run simultaneously with another state.

But here's the question - faction is in a state of War and Investment. Faction is down in Inf by 20% before the war started so that's a pickle. So no CZ work can be done to try and win the war. How can we increase our influence in this state?

Ah Investment - that bizarre state that allows for further expansions (YAY!) and puts Conflict Zones into ceasefire (NAY!).

But here's the question - faction is in a state of War and Investment. Faction is down in Inf by 20% before the war started so that's a pickle. So no CZ work can be done to try and win the war. How can we increase our influence in this state?

I am an absolute blank page regarding the Investment state, but the following procedure is always used by us in times of an armed conflict and has worked out pretty nicely. At least for all the Systems where the War / Civil War is not taking place, but since you're void of any CZ this might be the only option left for you to try out.

During an armed conflict only combat related actions have effect (as in entering CZ or BHing). Since CZ are missing the only logical option is to BH.

Enter RES sites (or if not available, USS) and kill ships of every MF except your own (or the one you want to support).

Do not cash in any Bounties except those of the MF you want to support (if you don't want to carry around the other bounties for too long, seek out a Broker Network facility who are mostly found in Low Security systems).

That's all I can come up with for the moment.

I'd try a bug report; it may be unintentional re: the ceasefires

I've seen Investment run at the same time as other states, so that much I know, but didn't think it had an impact on other states.

I am an absolute blank page regarding the Investment state, but the following procedure is always used by us in times of an armed conflict and has worked out pretty nicely. At least for all the Systems where the War / Civil War is not taking place, but since you're void of any CZ this might be the only option left for you to try out.

During an armed conflict only combat related actions have effect (as in entering CZ or BHing). Since CZ are missing the only logical option is to BH.

Enter RES sites (or if not available, USS) and kill ships of every MF except your own (or the one you want to support).

Do not cash in any Bounties except those of the MF you want to support (if you don't want to carry around the other bounties for too long, seek out a Broker Network facility who are mostly found in Low Security systems).

That's all I can come up with for the moment.

Hi
'kill ships of every MF except your own' Are you talking about any ship standing in the CZ or just the ones with a bounty?

Should be. Bounties are the only way to support a faction during a conflict of War or Civil War.

The only other way to effect the influence is to murder ships belonging to the opposing faction - incurring a bounty and all that hassle.

The only other way to effect the influence is to murder ships belonging to the opposing faction - incurring a bounty and all that hassle.
Running missions with -INF destination to the 3rd-party factions in a system should also work - and will get a lot easier in 3.0 when data missions go into that box.

Running missions with -INF destination to the 3rd-party factions in a system should also work - and will get a lot easier in 3.0 when data missions go into that box.
Not sure that'll make things easier.

For larger factions like mine it'll become quite a hassle to have to deal with missions to neighboring systems screwing up influence levels.

Cheers for all the responses. Most appreciated.
What we did was goto a RES in system and BH any wanted ships of any faction.
Then back in a station our faction controls in the same system we would then cash in ONLY the bounties for our faction (and the Superpower) and none for the other MFs.
This seems to have worked with influence gains dialy for our MF and the war all but won :cool:

The Investment phase should end in a day or two and a new Expansion go pending...not sure we can even reach anywhere with that as the next viable system is just over 43ly away...time will tell.

Cheers for all the responses. Most appreciated.
What we did was goto a RES in system and BH any wanted ships of any faction.
Then back in a station our faction controls in the same system we would then cash in ONLY the bounties for our faction (and the Superpower) and none for the other MFs.
This seems to have worked with influence gains dialy for our MF and the war all but won :cool:

The Investment phase should end in a day or two and a new Expansion go pending...not sure we can even reach anywhere with that as the next viable system is just over 43ly away...time will tell.

Think 43ly should be ok, cooper research in the pleiades had a few long range expansions when investment was added and there were fewer inhabited systems in the area
Will check when i get home but think they expanded to maia from their home system

Ah, interesting!
So the Investment ended and now we're gone back into 'Prepping for Expansion' but from a different system. Still remote but I see the nearest viable target system is now just under 41LY away so I'd say we should be able to make that fine.
Only concern is a war state and expansion going active colliding which I've seen can just cancel the expansion. Will try to avoid that.

Top Bottom