Horizons Is a planet safe to land on and quit the game?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

As my question states, is it OK to land on a planet (not a dock or station etc. but just on the planet itself) and then quit the game for another time. So if I were to log-on the next day, would my ship still be where it was and everything would be the same?

I take it that another player or NPC could find you on the surface and shoot you?

Thanks for any replies!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

As my question states, is it OK to land on a planet (not a dock or station etc. but just on the planet itself) and then quit the game for another time. So if I were to log-on the next day, would my ship still be where it was and everything would be the same?

I take it that another player or NPC could find you on the surface and shoot you?

Thanks for any replies!

Its safe Cmdr..

Yes, perfectly safe.
I do it all the time.
Sometimes I'm driving around in my SRV and quit the game if I need to.
Never been a problem.

No fear, go right ahead. The advantage of landing on a planet is if it has a fast rotation/orbit when you log back on the sky will have changed.
Nothing like a 'galaxy rise' to start the day.

it's safe when you got no items on board

No, OP quit the game, so no pirate threat. I think he was just asking if it's safe to log out there.

In fact it's safe to log out anywhere, even in Supercruise. You'll appear just where you left when you come back. (Well, technically you'll be million miles away, as the galaxy and systems rotate. :D)
But when I'm out, exploring, I, too, tend to end my day parked on a planet with some nice vistas to come back to. :)

Yeah, I log out on planets, in supercruise, inside USSs, wherever. You completely disappear from the game when logged out -- nothing can bother you until you return.

Have fun.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
No, OP quit the game, so no pirate threat. I think he was just asking if it's safe to log out there.

In fact it's safe to log out anywhere, even in Supercruise. You'll appear just where you left when you come back. (Well, technically you'll be million miles away, as the galaxy and systems rotate. :D)
But when I'm out, exploring, I, too, tend to end my day parked on a planet with some nice vistas to come back to. :)

Not safe to log out in an asteroid field, or too close to a planet. You can log in to find yourself embedded in a rock :(

It is safe if you are landed though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom