IS EDRefCard: public configurations the best source for bindings and apart from trying them how do you know?

Apart from trying each one how do you know what's the best bind. There really is not much detail like "I use this for exploring etc" maybe helpful.

Is there another good source around for these bindings?

Is there also a source for VA profiles that can be downloaded into VA .. I've heard and seen some amazing Voice commands and responses out there. Yep I could do it myself but there's some very clever commdrs out their that have done some fantastic stuff?

Cheers Commndr Craigorious

There is no "best bind" - too many differing setups and personal preferences here.

I mean, for me, the one I'm using is of course the best bind - well, apart from a few things I'm going to change any day now. Really soon. Like the position of that "silent running" button, which I usually confuse with "FA off". But I somehow doubt that you'll be using a dual Virpil Constellation Alpha + Keyboard in VR.

mummy bear said I like my fire button on the left
daddy bear said I like it on the right
baby bear said I like mine in the middle

so the moral of the story is any how YOU like is always the best setup
but how do I know?
get into situations with a basic standard setup whilst doing stuff you may think I would prefer if my cargo scoop key be there instead and move it there to try the preferred location eventually you wont even need to look youll instinctually know that's my cargo scoop key button etc
personally I would keep all combat related stuff like targeting on your devices rather than kb and leave that to mundane things like landing gear lights etc

Last edited:
EDREFCARD can give some ideas if you have a similar setup, but that's it. And of course it's a good backup for yourself, in case bindings get wiped.

It depends on what you need to do. The most useful VA stuff for me is:-

Being able to set the throttle - mainly when I'm coming in to dock
"Departure Handover"
"Get clear and jump"

Switching fire groups
Switching modes
Pip Management

Launching Chaff/ECM
Discovery Scan

Lights on/off
Boost
Landing Gear

As that covers what I am doing most of the time. The VA HCS profile has all of these built in so I don't have to worry about the actual binds.

yep pretty happy with the binds I have at the moment. As I'm doing a lot of SRV stuff trying to get my Guardian drive stuff together its working great its quick efficient .. so enjoying the views along with shooting up rocks etc.

WHAT I've picked up is some of the voice responses etc and dialogue between AI and commdr is pretty cool.

cheers commndr Craigorious.

I use these;
Using information provided by EDDI I can now get VA to automate some functions such as scanning a system upon entry (selecting the correct fire group if it's not already selected along with also changing HUD mode if it's still in Combat mode), retracting hardpoints, landing gear, cargo scoop before jumping to Supercruise/Hyperspace and letting me know how many jumps are left to my destination are just some of the things I have setup.

once upon a time there was a noob(me) with a difficult choice to make as someone in there right mind had bound his landing gears to L by default he only had a mouse keyboard at the time
ill give a rep to anyone who can first guess as to why I chose then to rebind the ship headlights to V instead as H was already bound too by default and so was S as he was thinking spotlight...………..
I for illumination came close but v became the simple logical choice for me
a rep as to why?

Last edited:
Top Bottom