General / Off-Topic Is GeForce gtx 960 enough for that Game?about 200€

Brett C

Frontier
The problem being that the power supply might need to be changed depending on the power connectors required. I found that out the hard way when I upgraded to my 960.

Correct, many generic PSU's now a days don't have native plugs for a 4x2 * 2 for a single GPU - let alone the umph to really push the wattage if ever required. Best to get PSU's above the 125$USD mark at minimum.

Luckily, on my GTX980 card, my PSU was already good to go for it. 850watts works out nicely, and making sure the machines PSU still has the wiggle room for good power flow allocation.

Brett C

Frontier
So guys I have funny news! After I bought the Msi 960 4g the last Saturday, today I went back to the shop, give back the 960 and bought the

MSI GTX 1060 gaming 6G :))
I'm happy

Derrrr, just saw this reply!

GTX1060 is a great card. Very very powerful. At times, i wish i didn't buy the 980GTX and waited for the 1000 series. [cry]

Hm Brett, i have installed my 1060, and the game is running amazing. but one thing. i have no Audio, i have connected my display with HDMI like before the gtx 1060 . windows shows me a digital audio (spdif) instead my HP Display. i have no idea how solve this

mgptGJp.png

TmQx6yW.png

This are the current installed Audio Devices. But my HP Display isnt listed here

Last edited:

Brett C

Frontier
Hm Brett, i have installed my 1060, and the game is running amazing. but one thing. i have no Audio, i have connected my display with HDMI like before the gtx 1060 . windows shows me a digital audio (spdif) instead my HP Display. i have no idea how solve this

http://i.imgur.com/mgptGJp.png

http://i.imgur.com/TmQx6yW.png
This are the current installed Audio Devices. But my HP Display isnt listed here

What is the cable used between the gpu and monitor? HDMI, DVI, VGA cable?

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
Looks like a similar situation to what I get half of the time when I update my GFX drivers (although with Radeon drivers in my case). It can end up changing the default device from Speakers to Digital Output for some reason, drives me nuts. [wacky]

In my case I have to load up the Realtek HD Audio Manager (Software provided with motherboard) to change the default audio device back and maybe even reset the speaker cable order in some cases. I wouldn't be surprised if you're facing something along these lines.

Last edited:
What is the cable used between the gpu and monitor? HDMI, DVI, VGA cable?
It was always the same hdmi cable

Looks like a similar situation to what I get half of the time when I update my GFX drivers (although with Radeon drivers in my case). It can end up changing the default device from Speakers to Digital Output for some reason, drives me nuts. [wacky]

In my case I have to load up the Realtek HD Audio Manager (Software provided with motherboard) to change the default audio device back and maybe even reset the speaker cable order in some cases. I wouldn't be surprised if you're facing something along these lines.

Could you explain more detailed where to go in Windows?

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
Could you explain more detailed where to go in Windows?

In my case it can be accessed via the Control Panel:

2oOfzcI.png

TyjHcgG.png

As I said previously this is software provided by my motherboard provider. It's not installed on Windows by default.

Updating my GFX driver occasionally flicks it to one of the Digital options despite this layout being set as default. This tends to break the sound meaning I have to change it back and occasionally tell it which speakers are plugged into which port. It's a foible I've grown to love when updating my GFX drivers, I believe it's something to do with the 3D Audio effects in the Crimson drivers. [weird]

Not sure if it's similar in the case of Nvidia drivers but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Last edited:
my systemcontrol looks like this , but nowhere the realteck audio menue
1R8nMEc.png

Or What could this be mean?
5KodHGf.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom