News Is it possible to gain access to bases with exclusion zones?

I don't know where exactly I should post this question, but here I go. Just a little doubt of mine, when data gathering I like to run with my ship, flying aimlessly system to system, going to bases and scanning their beacons, there is only one thing that gets to me, sometimes there are bases with exclusion zones that are not told before hand to the player, so it just turns into a big loss of time. I was wondering if there is anyway to gain access to these exclusion zones.

I don't know where exactly I should post this question, but here I go. Just a little doubt of mine, when data gathering I like to run with my ship, flying aimlessly system to system, going to bases and scanning their beacons, there is only one thing that gets to me, sometimes there are bases with exclusion zones that are not told before hand to the player, so it just turns into a big loss of time. I was wondering if there is anyway to gain access to these exclusion zones.
Legally? No. But with practice you can keep your SRV alive long enough to scan bthe beacons anyway, especially at the Medium- or Low-security bases, and the trespass bounty isn't a big deal to clear later.

Legally? No. But with practice you can keep your SRV alive long enough to scan bthe beacons anyway, especially at the Medium- or Low-security bases, and the trespass bounty isn't a big deal to clear later.

Yeah, I can do that, the thing is I don't want to. Massive time sink for someone who wants to farm data.

Last edited:
To make this "guide" appear a bit more as a "guide" =)
In fact there is some slight chance to predict "type" of settlement before visiting it (or in some cases what "type" it cannot be) just looking on its name (and size and security level).
Here is a spreadsheet I've created years ago - kind of settlement name-to-type-predictor/dictionary semi-automatically updated from my settlements locations list =)

If you don’t mind a tiny bounty that you can usually get rid of somewhere within 20 LY, you can just blow up the base defenses from the air with dumbfires and scan the data point with impunity.

I have a Crusader that I built specifically for this purpose. It’s actually great fun.

Or you could go to installations and hack those. Or do planetary data scan missions.
yes-yes, there are quite a number of other methods, however my walk-around "solution" was directly related to this part of the topic:
there is only one thing that gets to me, sometimes there are bases with exclusion zones that are not told before hand to the player, so it just turns into a big loss of time.

I did couple of rides on the settlements collecting the data. Then I decided it is kind of time sink and it is faster to gain rep in any faction and then do mission I like with modified embedded firmwares as payment. To exchange them later.
Well, not fastest way, but fun. At least for me.

Can these still be done with out even using a SRV by flying a Medium/small class ship and touching nosie of ship to the item which means your in range to scan them with ship...
I used to use a DBX on small bases... was that nurfed and you need SRV again......

Can these still be done with out even using a SRV by flying a Medium/small class ship and touching nosie of ship to the item which means your in range to scan them with ship...
I used to use a DBX on small bases... was that nurfed and you need SRV again......
no, it wasn't nerfed, you can still do this using your ship

Top Bottom