Ship Builds & Load Outs Is it possible to have an Exploreconda that jumps 81.52 lys unladen?

I came across this Reddit post where a PS4 commander showed a screenshot of his 'Conda having 81.52 lys unladen jump. Playing around in Coriolis the best I can do and still have all essential exploration functions is 78.64 lys, not even close. Am I just missing some obvious mass that I could strip off? Even if I ditched shield/SRV/repair it still falls short of 80 unladen.

Only thing I can think of is legacy G5 rolls?

D_oIVYlXoAEpaH4.jpg:large

Playing around in Coriolis the best I can do and still have all essential exploration functions is 78.64 lys, not even close. Am I just missing some obvious mass that I could strip off? Even if I ditched shield/SRV/repair it still falls short of 80 unladen
Yes, it is possible. But I should mention, that "possible" and "comfortable" -- are two different concepts ;)

I took your build and stripped down shields, repair limpets, ability to boost and a bit of fuel tank space -- and here you go: 81,5 Ly unladen range. It is not something I would like for regular exploration, though :)

The only other thing I can think of is to reduce the fuel tank size, which seems a bit much for exploration. Some consider boost essential too for landings.
Yep, this is the right direction. Like I've just mentioned, such "record" builds are not at all about comfort, they are mainly about the number that can be viewed in the statistics bar ;)

I should also mention, that there may be a slight terminological misunderstanding, for FDevs and coriolis.io have different views on what "unladen range" is. I believe, that number on the screenshot corresponds to what coriolis.io understands as "max range". So if you engineer your anaconda according to your build in the OP, you'll actually get "81,91 unladen range" on your screenshots.

Last edited:
I should also mention, that there may be a slight terminological misunderstanding, for FDevs and coriolis.io have different views on what "unladen range" is. I believe, that number on the screenshot corresponds to what coriolis.io understands as "max range". So if you engineer your anaconda according to your build in the OP, you'll actually get "81,91 unladen range" on your screenshots.

Yeah I realize this soon too, whereas my question is using Coriolis's definition of unladen.

Go shieldless.
I came across this Reddit post where a PS4 commander showed a screenshot of his 'Conda having 81.52 lys unladen jump. Playing around in Coriolis the best I can do and still have all essential exploration functions is 78.64 lys, not even close. Am I just missing some obvious mass that I could strip off? Even if I ditched shield/SRV/repair it still falls short of 80 unladen.

Go shieldless.

While the pitiful amount of MJ likely won't save me from any high-G crash, it does protect from the occasional dings and scratches from normal landings, which you can patch up with repair limpet of course. So if asked to choose one or the other I'd go with just repair limpet.

Go shieldless.

While the pitiful amount of MJ likely won't save me from any high-G crash, it does protect from the occasional dings and scratches from normal landings, which you can patch up with repair limpet of course. So if asked to choose one or the other I'd go with just repair limpet.
Afmu is an option, or reinforced lighted hull

This guy got 83.42 LY's, see the first post on page 31 of this thread.

I did not look at this build so don't know if I would be willing to fly it or not.

A few things here:
  • The 'unladen' range listed in ship stats is actually the maximum jump range (no cargo, only enough fuel for 1 jump)
  • The optimal mass changes for the 'Enhanced Low Power' shield modification DO NOT affect the maximum mass of the shield generator (I'll see if I can provide in-game evidence)
  • You only need 4 tons of cargo space for limpets, as the synthesis recipe makes exactly 4 limpets
  • 4D thrusters with G1 Clean and Drive Distributors have a maximum mass of 509 tons and are 3.2 tons lighter than 5D thrusters with the stripped down secondary
With these in mind, I can change you build to get 81.86 LY max range (80.73 with a full tank and no cargo) while having a second SRV and a heat sink launcher https://s.orbis.zone/3v8c. The most important thing to note is that you only get 16 tons of fuel, so you'll need to be VERY careful about what stars are and are not scoopable.

Edit: just checked in-game, my Krait Phantom uses a G5 Enhanced Low Power shield. The maximum mass of the shield generator is still 413 tons, Coriolis says it should be 388 tons https://s.orbis.zone/3v8i.

Attachments

• Screenshot_0000.jpg
    Screenshot_0000.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Top Bottom