Is mining turning into a RL addiction?

Its no addiction, every other activity just feels like a waste of time compared to mining. I did some AX-interceptor hunts and PvPiracy. My income was Stunning 14mil/9Mil per hour.
You're a perfect example of modern gamer that don't get what sandbox games are about and represent everything that is wrong with the gaming industry. If you're measuring everything in Elite in credits, then you should do yourself a favor and go play some other hand-holding game instead of whining on forums and ruining what is left of this game.

You're a perfect example of modern gamer that don't get what sandbox games are about and represent everything that is wrong with the gaming industry. If you're measuring everything in Elite in credits, then you should do yourself a favor and go play some other hand-holding game instead of whining on forums and ruining what is left of this game.

Just a bit of advice: The battle for the moral high ground can't be won by personal insults.

Just a bit of advice: The battle for the moral high ground can't be won by personal insults.
And this mentality is why the forums went from discussions to flaming wars of toxicity they are today. I ain't trying to win anything, I just stated the fact. What others think, well I've given up on that long ago, just releasing some steam of frustration with FDev, since I love the game and I see it being butchered in front of my eyes :p

Well it seems YOU don't get what sandbox means. It means you can have fun with anything you find entertaining in the game and noone can judge you for that. There are a lot of commanders out there finding credits earning entertaining, and your opinion about this is totally irrelevant.

Well it seems YOU don't get what sandbox means. It means you can have fun with anything you find entertaining in the game and noone can judge you for that. There are a lot of commanders out there finding credits earning entertaining, and your opinion about this is totally irrelevant.
Sandbox doesn't mean unbalanced. It's still a game, multiplayer at that (yes, even solo is actualy multiplayer, other player actions directly affect everyone else). I have nothing against good credits earnings, I'm just afraid it's too accessible and allows everyone to skip content. It should accelerate new players in this stage of the game, for sure, but not straight out skip it. And that's if we don't take into consideration a phycology of multiplayer games, with which you can't just say "Don't do it if you don't like it". Many people do mining for example just because they don't want to fall behind, even tho they hate it and would never do it if it would be single player game. The fact it's not a single player game is what drives everyone to do those exploits. It would be fine if there would be some sort of progression, where you would gain bigger and bigger rewards. Giving new players all the assets in the first 6 hours doesn't help the longevity of the game. Right now nothing means anything, no sense of accomplishment is left, ranks don't mean poop (you can get Elite in the first hour), credits mean poop (getting any ship in the first 5 hours of playing, that's not counting exploits which can get you FC in that time).
Bah, why even bother, most people don't even undestand game dev and balancing. Too bad there is no data available how quickly new players give up on the game, maybe you would be more concerned about it then.

Sandbox doesn't mean unbalanced. It's still a game, multiplayer at that (yes, even solo is actualy multiplayer, other player actions directly affect everyone else). I have nothing against good credits earnings, I'm just afraid it's too accessible and allows everyone to skip content. It should accelerate new players in this stage of the game, for sure, but not straight out skip it. And that's if we don't take into consideration a phycology of multiplayer games, with which you can't just say "Don't do it if you don't like it". Many people do mining for example just because they don't want to fall behind, even tho they hate it and would never do it if it would be single player game. The fact it's not a single player game is what drives everyone to do those exploits. It would be fine if there would be some sort of progression, where you would gain bigger and bigger rewards. Giving new players all the assets in the first 6 hours doesn't help the longevity of the game. Right now nothing means anything, no sense of accomplishment is left, ranks don't mean poop (you can get Elite in the first hour), credits mean poop (getting any ship in the first 5 hours of playing, that's not counting exploits which can get you FC in that time).
Bah, why even bother, most people don't even undestand game dev and balancing. Too bad there is no data available how quickly new players give up on the game, maybe you would be more concerned about it then.

There's so much content on which credits has no or little effect (engineering, exploration, tech brokers, power play and I sure forget a bunch), and some of them make up for a much bigger difference between players than credits (engineering, mainly), there's really no need to make a fuss from people earning them too quickly. The only drawback is people earning big ships before even learning to fly, but that's on them. There's no endgame, you cannot "fall behind", it's just some people need money to play the game the way they want, other don't, others just play to see their money balance grow, but none of their balance has any effect on anyone else's game.

Yep, FCs realy added some engaging gameplay to the game, mining.
Just another grind to fill up the bucket.

I realy wonder what the next hot item "read monotonous grind" will be when Odyssey hits.

I think that a contributing factor to the sheer amount of mining going on is the fear that mining will be nerfed. Folks want to get in while the going is good.

Not only the egg must be fixed but the money gained with that method removed. It's similar to that commodity that some people bought and sold to same station without even undocking.

That is not mining. That's exploit of flawed game mechanic.

"You know, you have 95 billions, but after you've been mining for 18 hrs/day you just can't let it go, ... "

I just started playing a week ago, but I don't know how to manually dock my A-rated Cutter.
Also... is there no progression in this game? What ship can I buy after my Cutter? Is this it? After 1 week I can buy any ship I want?
What weird game is this?

Also, My Fleet carrier doesn't fit through the entrance slot. What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom