Is modding legal?

Hello,

I found that polish translation can be improved here and there, so I want to spend some time and make a mod that'll improve it.
I have tools and technical knowledge how to do it, but my question is:
is it legal to make such mod for this game and distribute it (free of charge ofc)? Do I need special permission for this?

Thanks!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Well that's a very deep question indeed :) And one that varies greatly game to game and country to country.

Frontier do not officially support, endorse or enable mods, they're not allowed to be discussed or linked to on the forums. And although some exist, and Chaos Gate is a single player game the forum rules state

Please note that whilst we do appreciate the appeal of game modifications (‘Mods’) that links, images or promotion of Mods are not permitted on our forums.

You could always submit a support request if you are concerned https://customersupport.frontier.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/4684804396828-Chaos-Gate-Daemonhunters as that would give you a far better chance of getting a response from someone who works for Frontier.

Thanks for reply!

I'll submit a support request than :).

Btw, it's pity that they don't support modding officially... but what I we do... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom