Is the Corvette worth buying at discount for the future? What is it good for?

I have a Cutter, and that has a special purpose as a fast hauler. Very good at its job.

But my question is, assuming I reach the required rank (I would have to grind from Ensign to Rear Admiral, that's 6 levels of Federal rank !), is it worth my time and credits with the FD discount to buy a Corvette, even to store it for future use?

What is it good for .... apart from basking? :unsure:

There's nothing that you can do in a Corvette that you can't do in an Anaconda etc.

However, Corvettes are the best ships for taking down all sizes of other ships quickly, due to the agility, firepower, and tankiness. Other ships like the FDL are good at that as well, but for killing ship after ship nonstop in PvE the Corvette is perfect.

So, it's great for grinding combat rank, basically. But other ships are good at that too, so it depends on whether or not it's worth it to you. It's also really fun to fly for a large ship.

I use mine primarily for rep’ing up in new systems. Stacking Assassination missions, running a bit of cargo at the same time (128T,) is easy peasey. With plenty of room for cargo and limpets taking on illegal black box missions are no problem and massacre missions are no problem either.

It won’t do anything you can’t do in something else but it can mean you can stack lots of missions and not constantly switch ships. Of course sometimes switching ships is the whole point e.g. I have an armoured and pretty cool running Cobra for planetary installation missions.

It‘s agile and controllable in a way the Cutter isn’t, wiping out anything npc-wise that will come your way. Against another Cmdr, I’d hope I was in something else.

I’d definitely say it’s worth it if you think you would find a role for it, or make a role for it. Though it’s not a God Mode ship, I don’t believe they exist. If nothing else, like the Cutter, it’ll give you a reason to go mining ;)

The corvette handles like a python.
Technically you can do all the things the corvette does in an anaconda, but the conda handles like a brick in comparison, especially in supercruise, and it can be made nowhere near as tanky. If hitting up conflict zones is your thing, a 'vette will serve you better than a 'conda. If you don't want to do a lot of combat, then... I guess don't bother buying the warship? 'cause that's what the corvette is.

What is it good for .... apart from basking? :unsure:

The Corvette is the King of the PvE battlefield, most NPC ships simply come apart under its impressive firepower but for PvP, not so much. For my credits the Corvette is the best darned deep-core VOpal miner in the game, difficult to argue with the results.

UiMb91Z.png

With the future Discount, you don't need Rank from what I`ve heard.

I agree with Jetsonring, it`s the best federation PvE ship to have, Once you Enginers the ***p out of her, The AI`s are kicked to the curb.

The Anaconda can bring more weapon`s to bear thus has a slight increase in DPM,
the downfall on the corvette is the two Huge Weapon mounts.
Shame you can't fit two huge turrets, Because this would be ideal to target and engage ships behind you.

As an armed trader, you can fit roughly 320+ Cargo.
One Time I stacked a load of cargo missions, and a few data missions,
I had 5 anaconda's sent out to intercept me.
Let's just say after the after each encounter I had around 80% Shield Strength 💪
Once the shield went down, I Target their Sheild Generator.
Two Hits from the Huge Cannon Reduces their Generator to 0%, so I can take my time to blow em up (Good Times)

Anyhoo enough of the Sales Pitch, this is a golden opportunity to get all the fed ship and concentrate on grinding the empires rank (that if you have too)

Cheaper buy, cheaper rebuy.

I`m going to sell mine and get the discounted version, I hope I get the Elite Discount on 🔝.
PS I don`t use my Anaconda unless I wanted to do mining ⚒ with her.

I hate the feds, and the corvette isn’t going to change that.

Apart from that immense baggage, it still does have its charm. While I wouldn’t be inspired enough to suggest it, I wouldn’t give both of mine back either.

Oh it’s the only ship I have 2 of with different roles. There you go.

The corvette is the anaconda for men not boys. How about that.

I enjoy my Corvette quite a lot (and this is coming from someone with two Anacondas).

Forget the specs and metrics, the Corvette is in practice more devastating in PvE than any of its rivals, the Anaconda included. The extra maneuverability and extra huge hardpoint (and the extra damage it does to larger vessels) make it amazing in HazRESs and CZs alike, and it’s great for high-end assassination missions. It’s the ultimate big-game hunter.

Plus, it’s a freaking Star Destroyer in miniature, and who doesn’t want that?

I have two Corvettes i can't imagine ever parting with them they don't feel like the lumbering monsters they are. But the old cutter is a beauty, if you grind for the vette you could be a little disapointed.I got the fedral rank in a few weeks pushing a minor faction into control of the system, the vette was a bonus. Depends what you're doing i guess, if you are flying in open my vettes rebuy is about half my wingmates cutter.

I just sold mine...

I've never really enjoyed large ships, only ever owned two, an Imp Clipper and the Corvette. As others have said, the Corvette is very powerful, and surprisingly agile, I was able to use a bunch of fixed weapons on it. That said, I'm not into farming combat, so for a short while I used it as a mission runner for delivery missions, but ended up preferring to use my Python instead and just do one mission at a time.

Now I'm down to only medium and small ships, which are so much more fun to fly. But if you like large ships, the Corvette is I'm sure very capable. :)

Unless one plans to buy dozens and dozens of the same ship. There's considerably more cr's to be had then there are ships available.
With the exception of a few billion for a carrier, what else would you use your eventual billions for.

I love my corvette. Once you have prismatics on it, the only reason you need to go back to base is because you REALLY need to rearm.
2 Huge MCs, fill the rest with beams and you will be Elite combat in no time. Also needs engineering.
I'm waiting for the discount to buy 2 more. I wanted an extra cutter, but will get 2 corvettes instead.

Mine sits in the barn most of the time.
Playing solo and pg only, it only goes one place, high intensity cz's.
Anything else against npc's is a joke.
Small and medium ships only for combat against npc's for me.
I do like seeing other player's builds tho.
Because no one would use mine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom