Is the game dead? :(

The last DLC we got was almost 4 months ago. Do you plan on releasing new content for this amazing game or will you kill it now that Planet Zoo is about to come out? :(

NO. Planet Coaster is not dead! It's only a few years old. A game doesn't die just because a game developer stops releasing DLC for a few weeks. Many YouTubers still post Planet Coaster videos. Though half of us will be trying out something new, Planet Zoo, the second Frontier releases it. Planet Coaster is still an epic game.

We've seen multiple threads across the forum asking the same question and it's honestly getting pointless because, if this once again answers the question...Planet Coaster has NOT reached the end of development. The developers will say something if this was the case, however in this case, they just temporarily step away from the game to work on other releases, especially Planet Zoo, so rather than jump to conclusions too soon, just wait until a while after Zoo's release and see what happens! :)

I don't think its dead / and planet coaster 2 is silly when people still have bottle next issues with large parks with current game in high end PC's. I see people with I7 4.2 hz and to me what a waste. yes a higher end processor will help but when you are way past the recommended specs it gets to the point that you can have $1000.00 pc or 4000.00 and both will struggle with large parks. If they can do more tweaks to fix FPS and game performance instead of content I would be happy with that for now.

Elite Dangerous is older than Planet Coaster. They still update and add to the game. There is a full team of staff working on it. So why would they give up on a newer game that is still popular and makes decent sales? Whether or not, PC2 is on the horizon, from a business point of view, it makes sense to want to maximize on a current title. They wouldn't want to stop a revenue stream until there was something in place to replace it.
It's like car manufacturers. They will continue to sell a certain model of car right up to the launch of the replacement version. Because they are a business and they want to make money.
Also Frontier say it isn't dead, so that's good enough for me until they say different.

Last edited:
Elite Dangerous is older than Planet Coaster. They still update and add to the game. There is a full team of staff working on it. So why would they give up on a newer game that is still popular and makes decent sales? Whether or not, PC2 is on the horizon, from a business pointy of view, it makes sense to want to maximize on a current title. They wouldn't want to stop a revenue stream until there was something in place to replace it.
It's like car manufacturers. They will continue to sell a certain model of car right up to the launch of the replacement version. Because they are a business and they want to make money.
Also Frontier say it isn't dead, so that's good enough for me until they say different.
In other words, YES IT IS DEAD!

I think we all should wait until Planet Zoo launches and see what happens with Planet Coaster. I don't think Planet Coaster is dead just yet. After all the game is still a money maker for Frontier.

Elite Dangerous is older than Planet Coaster. They still update and add to the game. There is a full team of staff working on it....

Elite plays in a completely different league than PlanCo. If Frontier, as the manufacturer, would not supply any more supplies for the game, the Community Manager can expect a bad mood at the next Community Meeting at the latest.

Unfortunately, the Planet family ticks a bit differently and doesn't demand extensions as explicitly as the Elite Commanders.

In other words, YES IT IS DEAD!

Well, if The Duck says so, it always means something is trampled down by Elephants. He has a long history record on this, but that's merely the result of being fixed on Elephant stuff early on, meticulously learning all their complicated ways while being kept in the dark and fed with bananas for years (few people know this). But then, nowadays, he's Elephant Authority One. There's no better Elephant expert than him. Including Oliphants. Lifetime Achievement \o/.

So, not all is lost, possibly. You probably need a Miracle Max to discern.

Source: https://youtu.be/d4ftmOI5NnI

A case of True Love will never fade.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
By publishing Planet Zoo this argument seems logical to me

I can only agree with that.
To all these "Is Planet Coaster dead?" Threads i can only reply with:

Top Bottom