Is there a website with accurate minerals prices?

I searched 2 websites and both said Zhu Oasis at Benzaiten was paying 700K for Rhoplumsite. I mined some it and went to Zhu Oasis to discover they are paying 200K.

I enjoy mining and especially core mining but it's back to massacre missions if I can't make decent credits mining..

Thanks for any replies.

You can find prices and stations buying the good stuff on INARA, be quick as the money you get drops pretty quickly....info does give you the date/time it was last posted, the earlier you get there the better!

You can find prices and stations buying the good stuff on INARA, be quick as the money you get drops pretty quickly....info does give you the date/time it was last posted, the earlier you get there the better!
After looking again I think it was just a typo. It was listed at 740000 and should have been 240000. Other prices seemed accurate.

Don't just look at the price. Look at the timestamp and demand. 1M$ price is great, but not if it's 5 days old. 1M$ for 5Ts was probably filled in the first 5 mins. tbh, anything more than a day old without a serious demand has probably already been filled and price dropped.

Also prices are generated on the websites by a CMDR using a data exchange program like EDDiscovery, no-one manually updates prices, they get uploaded automatically, so it's highly unlikely to be a typo if it's Inara of one of the other websites that uses the data upload system, so make sure you are using one of those websites when checking prices. It's easily possible for a price to drop a large amount in a short period of time because stations paying really high prices will be flooded with CMDRS trying to make a quick buck, and that drives prices down really quickly, and if no-one who does report data visits the station then it won't get updated and will still report the incorrect price..

Also prices are generated on the websites by a CMDR using a data exchange program like EDDiscovery, no-one manually updates prices, they get uploaded automatically, so it's highly unlikely to be a typo if it's Inara of one of the other websites that uses the data upload system, so make sure you are using one of those websites when checking prices. It's easily possible for a price to drop a large amount in a short period of time because stations paying really high prices will be flooded with CMDRS trying to make a quick buck, and that drives prices down really quickly, and if no-one who does report data visits the station then it won't get updated and will still report the incorrect price..
Thanks. I'm elite in combat but a novice in mining. Judging by prices it appears the big money in mining is in the core and not in Colonia which is where I currently am. I plan on staying here a while because I have found an excellent massacre mission stack scenario.

I'm open to suggestions for what ship to use for mining. I tried my combat anaconda but it's difficult to maneuver to get the abrasion blaster on target so I switched to a python. the obvious advantage of the anaconda is more cargo boxes and being safe from pirates. Biggest drawback to python is I can't use as many beam lasers and multicannons to fend off attackers.

Thanks. I'm elite in combat but a novice in mining. Judging by prices it appears the big money in mining is in the core and not in Colonia which is where I currently am. I plan on staying here a while because I have found an excellent massacre mission stack scenario.

I'm open to suggestions for what ship to use for mining. I tried my combat anaconda but it's difficult to maneuver to get the abrasion blaster on target so I switched to a python. the obvious advantage of the anaconda is more cargo boxes and being safe from pirates. Biggest drawback to python is I can't use as many beam lasers and multicannons to fend off attackers.
I'm currently using "Clementine" for laser mining and explo...

Proper mining means you never get attacked :D
For cores MK-2 / Python will be ok with minor lasering.
For mostly lasering with minor cores - big ships like T9, Anaconda.

To avoid attacks - drop into spot. Fly ahead 20 kms and just wait to be scanned etc for like 2-3 mins. Then start to dig. In case of relog/disconnect/cargo full - just highwake from there. Never come to ring with any cargo except limpets.

One other question. Is there a way to tell which rocks have a core for seismic charge mining? I've seen some people say it is only the bright yellow ones. I've just spent 60 prospector limpets in a hot zone and only found 3 rocks with a core.

One other question. Is there a way to tell which rocks have a core for seismic charge mining? I've seen some people say it is only the bright yellow ones. I've just spent 60 prospector limpets in a hot zone and only found 3 rocks with a core.

Brightness changes are dependent on your Monitor and Graphics card for PC so the Guide is likely PC user... If two people use the exact same settings and the exact same GPU then the brightness grade can be confirmed for that setting on PC...

This is the console, the brightness range is meant to be fixed, but I expect Your TV will not be set up exactly the same as mine as you may have a light sensitivity or you may see green 20% less than me. So you turned the TV up, dropping the range of colour and brightness...
Core rocks have 3 fixed systems on PS4...
Mess about on PS5 settings, and you can break the native colours scale of the PS4 code on the TV. Native PS4 does not have those settings...

Yes, there are 3 FIxed units that need to be combined to 100% confirm a core rock on PS4..

1 Yes PS4 does have a Brightness scale on the rocks yes it does take time to learn BUT we have more than the brightness to work with..
2 SHAPE of rock, in each ring type only a single shape of the core rock will be a core rock, Yes 1 3D model was animated per ring class so every time its a core, the rock is an exact copy.. Names are given to these fixed shape per each ring type... For the high paying rocky ring it sad, but its a potato...
3 On the use of a pulse wave scanner you will generate on the rock a grid when you hit the rock with multi pulses, a colour grid pattern will display. this on it own gives a 50% its a core...
4 does not work at long range, so is ignored most times..

When combined all 3 are combined its a 100% confirmed core... then when inches from the rock you will see number 4 fissures render on the rock...
You dont ever need a prospector to confirm this the fissures will in time as you get closer render on the rock...
If you get number 2 wrong, you will find your self at the planned dummy decoy rock. It passed 1 and 3 but is actually the wrong shape...
Once you learn the shape per ring of the core rocks, you'll not end up at the dummy rock so often...

Should watch video on console YouTube app as then it should be on the TV colours then..
Source: https://youtu.be/1Mf0Sc4yiHQ

0:30 Bright return
0:30- 0:39 Grid pattern... and might be right shape...
0:39-0:44 Multi colour return grid patterns show... now shape is pointy potato
1:20 confirmed fissures render on rock...

Last edited:
Brightness changes are dependent on your Monitor and Graphics card for PC so the Guide is likely PC user... If two people use the exact same settings and the exact same GPU then the brightness grade can be confirmed for that setting on PC...

This is the console, the brightness range is meant to be fixed, but I expect Your TV will not be set up exactly the same as mine as you may have a light sensitivity or you may see green 20% less than me. So you turned the TV up, dropping the range of colour and brightness...
Core rocks have 3 fixed systems on PS4...
Mess about on PS5 settings, and you can break the native colours scale of the PS4 code on the TV. Native PS4 does not have those settings...

Yes, there are 3 FIxed units that need to be combined to 100% confirm a core rock on PS4..

1 Yes PS4 does have a Brightness scale on the rocks yes it does take time to learn BUT we have more than the brightness to work with..
2 SHAPE of rock, in each ring type only a single shape of the core rock will be a core rock, Yes 1 3D model was animated per ring class so every time its a core, the rock is an exact copy.. Names are given to these fixed shape per each ring type... For the high paying rocky ring it sad, but its a potato...
3 On the use of a pulse wave scanner you will generate on the rock a grid when you hit the rock with multi pulses, a colour grid pattern will display. this on it own gives a 50% its a core...
4 does not work at long range, so is ignored most times..

When combined all 3 are combined its a 100% confirmed core... then when inches from the rock you will see number 4 fissures render on the rock...
You dont ever need a prospector to confirm this the fissures will in time as you get closer render on the rock...
If you get number 2 wrong, you will find your self at the planned dummy decoy rock. It passed 1 and 3 but is actually the wrong shape...
Once you learn the shape per ring of the core rocks, you'll not end up at the dummy rock so often...

Should watch video on console YouTube app as then it should be on the TV colours then..
Source: https://youtu.be/1Mf0Sc4yiHQ

0:30 Bright return
0:30- 0:39 Grid pattern... and might be right shape...
0:39-0:44 Multi colour return grid patterns show... now shape is pointy potato
1:20 confirmed fissures render on rock...
Thank you. I'm on a ps5.

Which attackers?
If you want the combat, then of course you can mine in a RES. Few people do.
Outside of a RES, inside inhabited space, you will get a couple of clowns every time you enter a ring (that also includes relogging). If you have nothing but limpets in your hold, they'll scan you, then fly off with a few insulting remarks, leaving you to mine in peace.
If you want to avoid those encounters altogether, find yourself a pristine system some distance away from inhabited space. No more pirates. Easy to do in the Colonia region. I don't know haow far you have to get out, though - a couple hundred ly should do it in any case.

Mining ship - that depends on what and how you want to mine. For laser mining, big and powerful. Cutter seems to be a favourite.
For core mining, I prefer something small and agile - last time I went out, I used a DBX. Ample range even without a scoop, enough cargo space to last me one session when core mining.

For mining locations: https://edtools.cc/miner

Core mining for money seems to be out currently - last mining meta was apparently back to laser mining the 3P:platinum, Palladium, Painite.

Yea figured PS5, Sorry, then youll have to rely on shape of rock and grid pattern more than you should... have fun rocks go boom..
Shape of the rock turned out to be a game changer for me. Allows me to sail past rocks I previously would have used a prospector limpet on. Unfortunately I'm in Colonia now and prices aren't as good here as in the bubble but I did mine 120 tons of rhodplumsite yesterday in one trip to a ring.

Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom