ISSUE - Only Polyporous growths are showing at brain tree sites. (Unable to raise ticket as ticket system bugged)

On a few planets I visited on my CMDR Oliver Hardy account (Horizons 4.0) I was visiting brain trees and on the lookout for Ploegm Excretions.

However, upon arrival on a few planets in different systems, and at various brain tree 'forests' on those planets, I found it was only showing Polyporous Growths. No Mussidaen seed pods, no Ploegm Excretions, no Cordycep growths.
This didn't happen at ALL the brain tree sites I visited in various systems. But it seemed at least half of them.

The time wasted on trying to find these caused a fair amount of frustration as Elite is already knowing for being a life-time zapper and a grind.

The video this happened on is here (and I will provide screenshots).

Source: https://youtu.be/GAiDr1JGyeo?si=AytwoaG7vkXvnTdj

It happens throughout but at the end is when I'm finally done with it.

I tried re-logging, exiting game and re-entering and even leaving the system and returning. No change.

Surface scavenging is also plagued by another long in the tooth bug where raw materials that have been zapped from rocks or brain trees etc., will simply disapper or flick up into nothingness if touch by an SRV whilst the play does NOT have it targetted.
This has not always been a bug and I think was introduced around Update 12.
Surface scavenging can already be a time consuming and sometimes motivation zapping endeavour. So these bugs just worsen this experience. The latter bug has been going on and left unsolved for far too long now.
NOTE: I tried twice to submit this as a ticket and it has failed both times with contradictory 'Issue has been submitted' and 'Issue cannot be loaded' message.
When clicking on the posted issue it simply says 'issue cannot be loaded'.
Even the bug reporting system is bugged!

Attachments

• EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-08.jpg
    EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-08.jpg
    659.4 KB · Views: 58
  • EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-12.jpg
    EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-12.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 62
  • EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-13.jpg
    EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-13.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 57
  • EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-15.jpg
    EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-15.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 37
  • EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-17.jpg
    EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-17.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 53
  • EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-18.jpg
    EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-18.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 37
  • EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-23.jpg
    EliteDangerous64 - 20-02-24 - 20-07-23.jpg
    750.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
And still nothing has been done to fix this. Same with when raw materials that have been zapped from rocks or brain trees, disappear if touched by the SRV and they have not been targetted.
Is it unfixable?

NOTE: I tried twice to submit this as a ticket and it has failed both times with contradictory 'Issue has been submitted' and 'Issue cannot be loaded' message.
When clicking on the posted issue it simply says 'issue cannot be loaded'.
Even the bug reporting system is bugged!
This happens if you try to use the wrong web browser to submit a bug - certain compulsory fields get hidden, so you can't fill them in and the result is this.

No-one knows what the right web browser is. For me, Edge works but Firefox doesn't. For other people, Edge very specifically doesn't work but Chrome does, but only if they use a private browsing window.

Is it unfixable?
Essentially yes - not necessarily because it's a difficult fix, which I have no idea about, but because Frontier will always have hundreds of higher priority bugs taking their attention.
(The uselessness of the bug tracker is only really explainable as a deliberate deterrent against reporting lower-priority bugs, or at least avoiding Frontier having to read them)

And still nothing has been done to fix this. Same with when raw materials that have been zapped from rocks or brain trees, disappear if touched by the SRV and they have not been targetted.
Is it unfixable?
Every time I've jumped to a close system and immediately returned, the all-growths planets switched to poly-only, and the poly-only planets changed to all-growths. I've only done that a 30 plus times, but it never failed to work.

Every time I've run over a material on the ground, it was immediately crushed and destroyed. The simple fix is don't touch materials with the SRV wheels.

This happens if you try to use the wrong web browser to submit a bug - certain compulsory fields get hidden, so you can't fill them in and the result is this.

No-one knows what the right web browser is. For me, Edge works but Firefox doesn't. For other people, Edge very specifically doesn't work but Chrome does, but only if they use a private browsing window.

Essentially yes - not necessarily because it's a difficult fix, which I have no idea about, but because Frontier will always have hundreds of higher priority bugs taking their attention.
(The uselessness of the bug tracker is only really explainable as a deliberate deterrent against reporting lower-priority bugs, or at least avoiding Frontier having to read them)
The epitome of disfunction.

A buggy game. A buggy bug reporting system, that is programmed to automatically cause bug reports to expire.

Where’s the professionalism? Where’s the pride?

[Insert pic of ostrich with head in sand]

Wow, that's nuts. I'll try Edge and Chrome in future. Maybe even Opera GX. Thx

That can sometimes be a little tricky when there's a few all next to each other after blasting open a rock.
A simpler fix would be for Frontier to fix it really. :)
Tricky, yes.... but not impossible. The radar make it very easy to avoid destroying materials with your SRV.
The only thing that needs to be fixed in this regard is your technique. I fixed mine, you can too :)

Tricky, yes.... but not impossible. The radar make it very easy to avoid destroying materials with your SRV.
The only thing that needs to be fixed in this regard is your technique. I fixed mine, you can too :)

So you think the bug should continue to exist and doesn't need to be fixed. But instead everyone has to refine their technique to avoid the bug.
My technique is fine and I can avoid it, but this is hardly the point. The point is that it was not a problem in the past and this issue has been introduced into the game since a year now. I simply don't see why it can't be fixed rather than expect players to work around it.

So you think the bug should continue to exist and doesn't need to be fixed. But instead everyone has to refine their technique to avoid the bug.
My technique is fine and I can avoid it, but this is hardly the point. The point is that it was not a problem in the past and this issue has been introduced into the game since a year now. I simply don't see why it can't be fixed rather than expect players to work around it.
No. If you run something over, it's destroyed. That's not a bug, that's a reality.

If it didn't work like this before, that was a bug. Now it's fixed.

No. If you run something over, it's destroyed. That's not a bug, that's a reality.

If it didn't work like this before, that was a bug. Now it's fixed.
LOL. Sure just like it's a reality to mine metal from alien brain trees. That's reality too eh? :)
It's not fixed, it's a bug. Now you're just being silly.

The brain trees (and other Horizons-era flora) having very strict growth-types per region are likely intentional.
They are not random. That's key to understand.

No official statement made on this, but it's probably the result of the "Focused Feedback - Balancing Ship Engineering & Materials Gathering" thread from Nov '21.
Also; some raw elements used to be G5, they're now G4 so the max capacity is 150 instead of just one hundred.

Those who are in the know consider the Brain Trees to be the better source of raw elements.
Better then the Shards. The reddit link just above seems to be regularly updated, now that I've checked it...

LOL. Sure just like it's a reality to mine metal from alien brain trees. That's reality too eh? :)
It's not fixed, it's a bug. Now you're just being silly.
It could be reality for all we know. There's no proof brain trees do or do not exist.
On the contrary, it is easy to prove something is destroyed when you run it over.
That's mot silliness, that's logic.

The brain trees (and other Horizons-era flora) having very strict growth-types per region are likely intentional.
They are not random. That's key to understand.

No official statement made on this, but it's probably the result of the "Focused Feedback - Balancing Ship Engineering & Materials Gathering" thread from Nov '21.
Also; some raw elements used to be G5, they're now G4 so the max capacity is 150 instead of just one hundred.

Those who are in the know consider the Brain Trees to be the better source of raw elements.
Better then the Shards. The reddit link just above seems to be regularly updated, now that I've checked it...
I brought this up some time ago and was promptly told that it's just random and someone discovered it, and they just happen X amount of distance from the main star in Y types of systems. It just so happened that the grade 4 mats were all on different planets in the same system 1600LY from the bubble.

Top Bottom