News Issue regarding Codex records

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hi Commanders,

Currently, when scanning an astronomical body, it will provide a record in your Codex with various details, such as the hottest, coldest, largest, smallest, etc. However, we have identified an issue in the Codex, where details of discovered body types are not being replaced when discovering the same body type with a greater or lesser record (such as the smallest, or largest body).

Our initial fix for this issue will be going live today in the 3.3.01 update, and will allow the Codex to correctly track the name of system that bodies are found in.

We will be introducing a second fix in the future, which will display the correct value for discovered astronomical bodies in the Codex.

We apologise for this issue and thank you for your patience!

Since the 3.3 release my ED in PS4 turned into a crash machine (other games still fine). Its now unplayable.
How a baout PS4 fixes?!
I feel cheated and legally harmed by you.

You are legally allowed to harm people with bugs! Unlike guns, where it is illegal.

I believe the post was referring to the harming of one's legal

e.g.

Punch to the face - Physical harm
Emotional torment - Mental harm
crashing PS4 - Legal harm

I'm 99% sure that is how law works

Although you're quite right it could in fact be the lawfulness of harm being caused impossible to say!

All we know for sure is lawyers... because.... games console crash

Thank you Will for this information. But, the bug for reported POI is still present. The reported indications sometimes point to bad systems.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the update Will, can I just confirm what this means please?

In this patch you will see the names of the various systems where the hottest, coldest, etc were found, but the values will still show the ones of the first discovered?

Last edited:
MoretonStoner,
From the full update notes: "Fixed various crashes on PS4"

Give it a try and if you're still having problems, submit a bug report.

Last edited:
Are there still Guardian locations around planets when there in fact are non.
? Very annoying. Was searching for a hour when I gave up. Not good for new players..

Thanks Will, but I am not sure how fixed it is...

A Black hole I discovered currently has Biggest/Smalles/Hottest/Coldest (temp is absolute zero...) despite a 'first' entry in the codex for that sector by another player.

Not a game breaker, but fun nonetheless :)

That said, along with the 'new' explorer tools the addition of the Codex is a wonderful idea!

It's not very fixed at all. Most of my first mapped tags have vanished and first discovery names gone as well. Planets still say they've been mapped but display no names at all

If you want to be really cool, Will, then someday soon you'll post a new thread in this forum called:

Issue regarding Elephant Butt Leather

I'm telling you, it'll make you the next Elvis Presley! Assuming the post promises to fix it, of course.

If you want to be really cool, Will, then someday soon you'll post a new thread in this forum called:

Issue regarding Elephant Butt Leather

I'm telling you, it'll make you the next Elvis Presley! Assuming the post promises to fix it, of course.

But, Duck, the new exploration system is *perfect*. It is *never* wrong! :)

I got bored the other day and wanted to "confirm" the "reported" entries in Codex. Flew to the reported neutron star, in codex it was not updated as "confirmed". I had it scanned several months ago, could that be the issue?

Or, are codex records deficient totally? Should i stay away till further notice?

Last edited:
I got bored the other day and wanted to "confirm" the "reported" entries in Codex. Flew to the reported neutron star, in codex it was not updated as "confirmed". I had it scanned several months ago, could that be the issue?

Or, are codex records deficient totally? Should i stay away till further notice?

The issue you describe isn't a bug AFAIK. The design of the codex assumes previous discoveries have already been discovered, which makes sense. But the codex was not pre-populated with the millions of pre-3.3 discoveries, presumably due to time constraints.

The design suggests pre-population was intended to be a feature but has not (yet) been implemented.

Hi Commanders,

Currently, when scanning an astronomical body, it will provide a record in your Codex with various details, such as the hottest, coldest, largest, smallest, etc. However, we have identified an issue in the Codex, where details of discovered body types are not being replaced when discovering the same body type with a greater or lesser record (such as the smallest, or largest body).

Our initial fix for this issue will be going live today in the 3.3.01 update, and will allow the Codex to correctly track the name of system that bodies are found in.

We will be introducing a second fix in the future, which will display the correct value for discovered astronomical bodies in the Codex.

We apologise for this issue and thank you for your patience!

Will:

May I please have all my First Discoveries?

Mr. Brookes did this for us in 2015.

Thank you.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator

You don't need to confirm the specific reported entry in the Codex, you just need to scan one of that type of object somewhere in the region and it will be confirmed for you. As Riverside said the Codex only shows things from 3.3 onwards.

Will:

May I please have all my First Discoveries?

Mr. Brookes did this for us in 2015.

Thank you.

*chuckles*

As much as I would like it too, I'm sure you remember what Mr. Brookes said when he did it too.

Top Bottom