News Issue regarding Codex records

You don't need to confirm the specific reported entry in the Codex, you just need to scan one of that type of object somewhere in the region and it will be confirmed for you. As Riverside said the Codex only shows things from 3.3 onwards.

*chuckles*

As much as I would like it too, I'm sure you remember what Mr. Brookes said when he did it too.

I think he said they'd always be willing to do it, and then he not only promisedit but also guaranteed it. :)

On the Codex - it seems the Records are records for my visits only? All planetary and stellar records seem to be based on what I've visited. Example: I ran across a system with many Helium Gas Giants. I see the system in the 'Records' section for that planet type, but I refuse to believe no one has run across a system that has helium gas giants in this sector yet. I also checked Earth-likes, and all the records are systems that I remember visiting since the update.

TL;DR: Is the Codex intended to show records only for your discoveries?

On the Codex - it seems the Records are records for my visits only? All planetary and stellar records seem to be based on what I've visited. Example: I ran across a system with many Helium Gas Giants. I see the system in the 'Records' section for that planet type, but I refuse to believe no one has run across a system that has helium gas giants in this sector yet. I also checked Earth-likes, and all the records are systems that I remember visiting since the update.

TL;DR: Is the Codex intended to show records only for your discoveries?
Yes. Well, in the sense that that’s how it works, anyway.

Whether the intent is for it to only ever include your personal records or of it’s intended to add a ‘Reported Records’ section in future is something only FD could say.

Personally I’d like to see there be both Community and Personal records in the Codex.

Top Bottom