Notice Issue with certain Codex discoveries

As is your right. Just don't expect the rest of us who have been plagued with various bugs in this game for months (and even years) to join hands with you singing hymns around the campfire...

How cynical. Being positive has nothing to do with the state of this game. If you are so frustrated with ED and fail to see all the bright sides, quit or do something else.

How cynical. Being positive has nothing to do with the state of this game. If you are so frustrated with ED and fail to see all the bright sides, quit or do something else.
How typical. Another Mary Poppins comes into a thread about legitimate complaints, scolds people for having legitimate complaints, and when he / she fails to convert the people with legitimate complaints into a mindless "Frontier is wonderful!" drone like him/herself, they instantly resort to "Go away, we don't want you around here!"

Sorry sister, but I ain't going nowhere 😝

How typical. Another Mary Poppins comes into a thread about legitimate complaints, scolds people for having legitimate complaints, and when he / she fails to convert the people with legitimate complaints into a mindless "Frontier is wonderful!" drone like him/herself, they instantly resort to "Go away, we don't want you around here!"

Stop your bickering immediately! You both like the game and know it has some bugs and a lot of good sides as well. There. Either get a room or shake hands or something. :D

It was a well know bug what took you so long? I had a black hole not added to the codex the other day. Not to mention the Sag A*.

I've been on the forums and in the game since the beginning. The hopes that I'd held onto that this game would become what the original Elite could have been if they had todays tech then is starting to fail. The glossing over of major gameplay bugs is wearing thin. The 'New" bug reporting tool seems to be a glorified lottery and an exercise in how they can bury reports.
I'm getting too old to hang on waiting for the game to become what it could be, Braben is no spring chicken either, he'd better stop polishing his trinket off the queen and get into the office and get the playbook re-written because it seems his 'baby' is going off the rails.

I've been on the forums and in the game since the beginning. The hopes that I'd held onto that this game would become what the original Elite could have been if they had todays tech then is starting to fail. The glossing over of major gameplay bugs is wearing thin. The 'New" bug reporting tool seems to be a glorified lottery and an exercise in how they can bury reports.
I'm getting too old to hang on waiting for the game to become what it could be, Braben is no spring chicken either, he'd better stop polishing his trinket off the queen and get into the office and get the playbook re-written because it seems his 'baby' is going off the rails.
I wouldn't phrase it like that, but I have to agree on some points. While I don't really mind the bugs, the space sim feeling is getting more and more lost for me. I have played original Elite, Frontier and First Encounters a lot and actually went back to the fan-polished 3d version of First Encounters after any space game I tried so far, be that the X games, Freelancer or whatever. Slowly but surely I start to miss F2FE again since ED more and more moves away from the scientifically driven space sim it once was and gets more and more "gamey" and less authentic due to certain design decistions like adding colour grading for star systems instead of more realistic lighting (which would be less colourful of course), adding button prompts and help functions to ship controls to aid new players but hitting the simulation feeling with that and so on.
It's design choices that lead away from what I always loved about Elite, in the old games and also in ED. I mean, yeah, maybe more average gamers will join the train and maybe less new players quit after being overwhelmed by having to use more than three buttons to fly a space ship, but it's less and less the game I and many others who have been with it for a long time (since the freaking 80s actually!) love so much.
Sorry for the off topicness, that just happened. :D

EDIT: to leave with a suggestion and not with negativity: there is an "easy" fix to this so far, at least to some of the issues, and that's options. Make colour grading optional, tutorial functions like button prompts and help buttons in the interface and so on. Yeah, more work, but I am pretty sure people would love that. Give us a choice.

Last edited:

What bugs me is the whole facebook/twitter/do you like me voting thing. So FD, if, say, we blow up every third jump but the votes are for "fix the scatch on the Anaconda paint job" you are gonna fix the paint job first? Inquiring minds want to know.

I never did anything remotely similar, nor accused or worshiped anyone. To the contrary, I agreed with Ozric and other dedicated explorers, even though I didn't experience those bugs and was happy about direction the game was going since v3.
It was you that felt provoked and angered out of the blue.

Blast! :rolleyes:

Stop your bickering immediately! You both like the game and know it has some bugs and a lot of good sides as well. There. Either get a room or shake hands or something. :D

Haha!👌🤝 o7

Slowly but surely I start to miss F2FE again since ED more and more moves away from the scientifically driven space sim it once was and gets more and more "gamey" and less authentic due to certain design decistions like adding colour grading for star systems instead of more realistic lighting (which would be less colourful of course), adding button prompts and help functions to ship controls to aid new players but hitting the simulation feeling with that and so on.

I agree that training button does not deserve big placement in the front row, but that's about it. I like grading and for me the game looks more "immersive". Generally, light will always colour-cast the surroundings, so e.g. reddish cockpit from the red, low-spectrum star is kind of logical, even for dramatization. Is it not?

It was you that felt provoked and angered out of the blue.
WRONG!!!! I feel provoked and angry all the time. 😝

If it makes you feel better, I have some renewed hope in the game, but I can't say why. And the bugs I am truly upset about are not the new bugs (assuming they are fixed), because as others say, bugs happen, but rather the old bugs that have been around for months or even longer, bugs that seriously do impact the gameplay of myself and others.

Anyway, I'm going on a low-sodium diet for a few days, so sing all you want. 😇

Top Bottom