Issues with scaling in blender

Hey everyone!

Been teaching myself blender recently and I am running into weird issues. I've managed to fix it on models from time to time by remaking the bones, but here goes:

I make a new model, textures work, and want to animate it. I've scaled the model down before rigging it with bones to be similiar size to my other creations, by having those imported and comparing size. I then rig it with bones, animate it and everything looks great.

I import the file into planet coaster, the animation is perfect, textures are perfect but the model is like 3-4 times larger than it was supposed to be. Even if I make it smaller than the models I use for scale.

Any idea what the cause of this is?

Added my 2.79b blender file

Attachments

• sneezyrigged2.zip
    583.2 KB · Views: 131
So it seems I can shrink the model down by seperating it from the armature, shrinking both the model and the armature, and then binding them again. The issue is that I have to make my model literal centimeters rather than the 1.2meters my other models are at. I'm at a loss why this is..

If anyone knows how to properly scale items in blender (I seem to miss something) let me know. Again the issue is models are really big in-game after attaching to bones.

If anyone knows how to properly scale items in blender (I seem to miss something) let me know. Again the issue is models are really big in-game after attaching to bones.
Well i don't know how you scale your models down, but if you set the Blender units to "metric" and "centimeters" or "meters" depending what you want do build, you can see the size that it will be in the Game. There might be some minor inaccuracies, but that is the way i got the best results. For example a Wall set will be the exact dimensions as it is in Blender.

Did you applied the scale in Blender (object > apply scale) for your object and armature after you scaled it down? The scale value needs to be 1.0 for each in Blender.

Top Bottom