It sucks being out in the black with no suit.

Cool, prices aren't that bad then. I'm out past Sag A, opposite side of the bubble so hopefully I can avoid going all the way back.

its funny that when the DSS and FSS changes came in, all ships were retroactively fitted with them as appropriate.

Its a shame that they didnt give basic suits/tools to ships in a similar manner, maybe some E-rated borrowed suits that you wouldnt want to use if you had a choice, but for explorers out in the black it would give them the ability to do things without having to travel back to inhabited space.

But I guess its how much thought was given to explorers

• Like (+1)
Reactions: JBR
its funny that when the DSS and FSS changes came in, all ships were retroactively fitted with them as appropriate.

Its a shame that they didnt give basic suits/tools to ships in a similar manner, maybe some E-rated borrowed suits that you wouldnt want to use if you had a choice, but for explorers out in the black it would give them the ability to do things without having to travel back to inhabited space.

But I guess its how much thought was given to explorers
Exactly, I'm even willing to pay for the basic Artemis suit. It's the having to jump 176 jumps round trip in my asp just to get to the nearest station and back. And hopefully that station has the suit I need.

Last edited:
Yes, although not every dock will have stock so you might need to wait or (if you go to Colonia or the bubble) try a few places.

Just buy everything (assuming you have the credits) and you can manage & save loadouts from your ship or SRV crotch panel. Your regular flightsuit (grundies) can be cosmetically altered in the same place now if you are still bald & in only a black onesie :)
I love managing the loadout in my crotch pan...wait what?

Maybe I missed something but do I have to travel all the way back to the bubble (or Colonia) to get a decent suit? The basic suit (flight suit?) is pathetic, I know part of Odyssey was upgrading the suits but we should at least had a decent one for the Commanders who are no where near a place to get upgrades. Everyone should've gotten at least the basic explorer suit that way people way out in the black can still explore without having to come back 20,000 Lys.
You'll also want to upgrade your plantary approach suite to an advanced model so you can land on planets with atmosphere.

• Like (+1)
I managed to pick up a G2 Artemis today, don't think I'll bother looking for a G3 though as they're apparently rare as hen's teeth
As far as I can tell suit grade has no bearing on exploration-focused activities unless you also slot in appropriate engineering mods, so if you just want something that can jump and doesn't run out of battery in two minutes then even the G1 Artemis will work.
Also all of the available suits are better than the basic flight suit in every way. Even the Dominator has better battery life and a small jump assist.

• Like (+1)
Top Bottom