It's not exploration, it's tourism

Can I ask a question here about Exobiology? How do you find out which species you have NOT scanned, apart from scanning them? I currently have scanned 63 unique species, but there are a lot more.

Can I ask a question here about Exobiology? How do you find out which species you have NOT scanned, apart from scanning them? I currently have scanned 63 unique species, but there are a lot more.
You'd have to check in the Codex discoveries for regions you've travelled to know what you have or haven't scanned... at least, if there's no third party tool that does this for you (there probably is one). Or do it the old-fashioned way and note it down somewhere.

Using tools like Road to Riches, or Spansh's world routers is not really exploration, it's tourism.
When searching for the source of the Nile, real explorers didn't thumb through the Michelin guide to find the best restaurants in the area.

Anyway, I'm doing exobiology exploration only with first footfall. But that's just me.

o7 cmdrs
This is totally dependant on how superior you believe you are. Those explorers looking for the source of the Nile probably didnt want to acknowledge that stacks of people living in the area had discovered it long ago. Bloody tourists.

To be fair. There is nothing out there to explore.
I was just in a system that has four black holes, a white dwarf, and a ringed neutron star (besides a bunch of other more common stars). When I dropped onto the ring close to the neutron star, the ring was rotating so fast that the starry background was rotating in real time.

Some time in the past I just happened to stumble across a system that has a Wolf-Rayet star and a landable planet with a surface temperature of 18000 kelvin. The planet in question has a thin atmosphere, which makes its sunsets/sunrises absolutely gorgeous. Approaching the planet from the night side, with the star just above the horizon, is spectacular.

Yeah, I suppose it depends on your definition of "nothing".

You'd have to check in the Codex discoveries for regions you've travelled to know what you have or haven't scanned... at least, if there's no third party tool that does this for you (there probably is one). Or do it the old-fashioned way and note it down somewhere.
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

There is nothing out there to explore.
I wouldn't know, as I'm not an explorer, just a tourist...
Best not to be an explorer, try space tourism instead, I've toured well over a million LY so far, and seen a lot of curious things in my travels.

Or just stick to doing something you enjoy, instead of 'exploring'?

I was on the far side of the galactic core when that Exobiology ranking "disaster" happened. It quite amusing to hand in the load of bio data I had been stockpiling, and suddenly be propelled into the upper echelons of the Elite ranks.
I still remember a mixture of delight and disgust when I arrived at Vista having just hit Geneticist in exobio, handing in a couple of weeks worth of discoveries, and suddenly hitting Elite V. The initial feeling of "OMG THAT'S A LOT OF MONEY AND YIKES I'M ELITE V?!?!?!" was replaced by "Oh, I suppose there's not much point to it now?"

Instead I'm just using Inara as the new benchmark, aiming for 100 different species and 1,000 data registered while avoiding Spansh for it. (Not like I need the money)

Back
Top Bottom