General / Off-Topic James Bond's Makeover

There is no way of saying it without appearing sexist, but...

This will end the same way the Ghostbusters and Dr. Who ended.
They will pander to virtue signalling crowd who doesn't really care about the franchise while driving all the real fans away.

If they manage to pull off a good story and good action and actually make it a good Bond film, I'll be the first to admit a mistake, but somehow I'm pessimistic. The history has taught me.
The only people who think this is anything other than a miserable failure in the making are members of the woke left who don't watch Bond movies because they're too busy hitting replay on Gillette's new anti-man advertising campaign anyway, so I tend to agree with you.

Dear Hollowwood, do you know why my wife watches the Bond movies? Not because M was a woman.
Because she finds Daniel Craig sexy.
That's it. Not the stories, not the gadgets, but the hunk.
Guess who won't be watching the new Bond movies if he goes (yes, we all know he wants nothing to do with them anymore), and is replaced by a woman?

I would have preferred an Indian gentleman conducting spycraft within the arena of China, Pakistan, Tibet etc. trying to do the right thing within the historical, religious and cultural complexities to navigate. Instead we get woke Bond. Ghostbusters, Captain Marvel, Men in Black, etc. etc.

How many seats will they advance sell this time? Sad stuff.

I would have preferred an Indian gentleman conducting spycraft within the arena of China, Pakistan, Tibet etc. trying to do the right thing within the historical, religious and cultural complexities to navigate. Instead we get woke Bond. Ghostbusters, Captain Marvel, Men in Black, etc. etc.

James Bond for me worked better during the 60's and 70's
I'd love to see a Retro Bond get made.

Goose4291

Banned

You'd probably have enjoyed this then.

FWIW, I don't much care for modern Bond movies. The plots never made much sense to me. Now if SJWs mess with Ethan Hunt, then there's going to be some serious blow-back! Tom Cruise must remain Ethan Hunt until he's at least 100 (and he'll probably look the same as he does today). And there's no reason for him not to, because the last two movies have had an amazing female lead in the character of Ilsa Faust. She could probably have her own movie and do very well.

You know, if I were a feminist, I'd be insulted by being typecast in the role originally belonging to a man. It's like the female character needs the fame and success of the man to stand on, because she can't succeed on her own. That's rubbish! Black Widow, who has always been female, is a favorite character of mine in the MCU because she's independently strong, smart, resourceful, and yes I admit it, sexy. The Dora Milaje of Wakanda are equally awesome, so don't tell me you have to replace James Bond with a black female for representation - just make more Black Panther movies!

Brie Larson, on the other hand...

/rant

Last edited:
Top Bottom