General / Off-Topic James Bond's Makeover

So they they are going to put a woman into this line ...... :LOL: What a clusterF#
75d47afada1db98259d3af4d37f60784fdc933588c85e6242e53f6630608ab5e.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe female Bond can buy female Thor a drink. If they call female Bond 'Jane Bond', that would be all the more fun! Two Janes walk into a bar, one carrying a gun, the other a hammer. You finish the joke.

Maybe female Bond can buy female Thor a drink. If they call female Bond 'Jane Bond', that would be all the more fun! Two Janes walk into a bar, one carrying a gun, the other a hammer. You finish the joke.
The things that interests me, now, is - After they get rid of James Bond, how are they going to call the franchise?
I mean, imagine they replaced Jessica Jones with, I don't know, Emma Frost. Would the TV show continue as Jessica Jones?

How can you replace a main protagonist of a franchise with somebody else and continue in any meaningful way?

The things that interests me, now, is - After they get rid of James Bond, how are they going to call the franchise?
I mean, imagine they replaced Jessica Jones with, I don't know, Emma Frost. Would the TV show continue as Jessica Jones?

How can you replace a main protagonist of a franchise with somebody else and continue in any meaningful way?
Well if they change James Bond to Jane Bond, they just need to use a little whiteout, LOL.

Im actually ok with this movie for one reason. i have no doubt that it will flop.
It will serve as yet another example of money wasting while pandering to trendy political dogma.
Everywhere ive read the comments online regarding this character change is filled with negative comments, they are not racist or sexist but they are tired of PC culture.

It all has to burn. Every last bit of it. We can't stop the SJW plague. We can only do what comicsgate is doing - spend money on stuff we actually like. Vote with our wallets or "sail the high seas".

I personally have paid the last bit of money I will ever pay to watch a Disney movie of any kind. Endgame was worth it for the most part. And that was THE END as far as I was concerned. Now I can ignore any further Marvel movies.

Haven't paid for a Bond Movie since "Quantum". What a crapfest that was. I like Daniel Craig. But all of his movies were trying to be Jason Bourne, not James Bond. And now this "woke" crap... sigh

Star Wars is dead. Star Trek is dead. Both murdered by SJW trash. And I won't be spending my money on anything in either franchise again. (And have you heard how much of a FLOP the new Galaxy's Edge theme park is? A favorite youtube commentor of mine has said it's because it feels like "Dollar Store Star Wars" LOL!! )

The only new Sci-FI franchises I have any interest in are The Expanse and The Orville. I'm going to give the DC Comics films a chance because despite failing as a franchise overall - individual films like Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam have been enjoyable to me. (I won't claim they were GOOD - just that I liked them) (I also seem to be in the minority that actually liked Man of Steel - though I'll readily admit it doesn't really work as a classic Superman movie.) As for spy movies - I'll be sticking with the Mission Impossible films for now. About as non-woke as it gets! As long as Tom Cruise stays in charge. He may be NUTS - but at least he still makes good films!

But largely, as I see it - Hollywood in general needs to - as we now say with fervor -

GET WOKE, GO BROKE!!

It's not just a good idea - it's the LAW.

It all has to burn. Every last bit of it. We can't stop the SJW plague. We can only do what comicsgate is doing - spend money on stuff we actually like. Vote with our wallets or "sail the high seas".

I personally have paid the last bit of money I will ever pay to watch a Disney movie of any kind. Endgame was worth it for the most part. And that was THE END as far as I was concerned. Now I can ignore any further Marvel movies.

Haven't paid for a Bond Movie since "Quantum". What a crapfest that was. I like Daniel Craig. But all of his movies were trying to be Jason Bourne, not James Bond. And now this "woke" crap... sigh

Star Wars is dead. Star Trek is dead. Both murdered by SJW trash. And I won't be spending my money on anything in either franchise again. (And have you heard how much of a FLOP the new Galaxy's Edge theme park is? A favorite youtube commentor of mine has said it's because it feels like "Dollar Store Star Wars" LOL!! )

The only new Sci-FI franchises I have any interest in are The Expanse and The Orville. I'm going to give the DC Comics films a chance because despite failing as a franchise overall - individual films like Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam have been enjoyable to me. (I won't claim they were GOOD - just that I liked them) (I also seem to be in the minority that actually liked Man of Steel - though I'll readily admit it doesn't really work as a classic Superman movie.) As for spy movies - I'll be sticking with the Mission Impossible films for now. About as non-woke as it gets! As long as Tom Cruise stays in charge. He may be NUTS - but at least he still makes good films!

But largely, as I see it - Hollywood in general needs to - as we now say with fervor -

GET WOKE, GO BROKE!!

While I fully agree with this, the problem is that the "Get woke - go broke", while it should work and it better, if we are supposed to get anywhere as a society, for now it seems like it's more of a "Get woke - experience minor financial setback, but feel morally superior to normal folks, so it balances out" kind of deal, which isn't enough to turn them away from destroying our stuff.

Stupidity is the ruling factor, we must be spoon fed with silliness and must have the right opinion or RACIST!
So now that we all are racists, bigots and closet NZ who can’t walk one step without getting cramps in the right arm, I suggest we get back to what is really important, how manny pushups our leaders can do, when they are 70+ years old.

NOOOOO!!! How did "get woke go broke" get in here? Make it stop!
On a lighter note that pendulum WILL swing back, eventually. MOVE!

It is not often i say this about myself but on this i am pretty much a modern man. My wife and I earn comparable amounts, we both do >90% full time hrs over 4 days and each take a day off for childcare and what not (I have fridays off my wife mondays) and we both muck in on chores at home - we do have a cleaner for a couple of hrs a week which helps a lot.

I love my Fridays and would miss them if i did not have them....... but i could not manage it every day of the week, i think i would go nuts. I have a much greater respect of the fortitude of parents esp single parents who mange to look after a child full time... and that is just with 1..... !.

Yep I love my Fridays but I do like to recover from them at work ;)

Dunno what will happen when he goes to school tho. With no parents to help out near by it will be interesting

Your situation mirrors mine nearly exactly Mike. The last paragraph scares us also.

Did anyone actually read the article?

I'm sincerely sorry if you did. I admit I've only skimmed this thread, but even towards the end of it there are people talking as though They've Decided To Make James Bond A Woman.

They haven't.

He retired, and his agency assigned his 00 number to another agent. That's all. In UK policing officers have collar numbers (from the early uniforms that had metal numbers pinned on a high tunic collar). For almost the entire history of UK policing numbers were recycled: an officer joins, is assigned, say, 1234, and when s/he leaves, 1234 is reassigned to a new recruit. Some forces are now adopting a unique number system - though how long it'll be before that gets out of hand I can't say, given the numbers are supposed to be easy for the public to see and remember, but time will tell. But Bond's agency (is it MI6, or something fictitious? I've never been sure) apparently just reassigns them.

That said I freely admit the media are being pretty disingenuous about this (there's a shocker): I mean even the OP-quoted article ends with a mention of 'Woke Bond', as though it's Bond who's changed, rather than just the agent using that number.

In any event, James Bond is not a woman. James Bond is a retired ex-assassin/spy living in Jamaica at the start of this film, and someone else now has his number - presumably until he gets called back and reassigned it for some reason (she leaves/is killed, and it's easier to give it back to him now he's active again than assign him a new one, whatever).

Still, gotta chuckle at that optimistic 'movie insider' who describes the on-screen fake-out reveal of the new 007 as "a popcorn-dropping moment". Hardly going to be that, now you've made a big public issue of it, is it? :rolleyes:

I don't care as long as what comes out is better than Spectre. I had to drink heavily to make it through to the end of that monstrosity (watched 1st half, took disk out of player, went back to it months later after having been on the bourbon).

Amused to see the reactions, honestly. The early Bond movies were misogynist as hell (because how things were at the time, and also the character is a sociopath at best).

GET WOKE, GO BROKE!!

Epic rant.

I don't care as long as what comes out is better than Spectre. I had to drink heavily to make it through to the end of that monstrosity (watched 1st half, took disk out of player, went back to it months later after having been on the bourbon).

Amused to see the reactions, honestly. The early Bond movies were misogynist as hell (because how things were at the time, and also the character is a sociopath at best).
So was Dirty Harry, and that is how the characters was written, if people don’t like it, then they probably would have faded away.

NOOOOO!!! How did "get woke go broke" get in here? Make it stop!
On a lighter note that pendulum WILL swing back, eventually. MOVE!

All we need is a dogwhistling rant from TheQuartering and all the boxes will be ticked/checked.

Top Bottom