Real World Theme Parks Jazzland/Six Flags New Orleans project!

Okay, I have a project for someone who wants to take it on. It will be quite a challenge.

In 2005, Hurricane Katrina destroyed Six Flags New Orleans (originally Jazzland). The park now sits falling apart in a wasteland area.

How cool it would be, if we were to revive it within Planet Coaster!!

10y3rzc.jpg
10wqg6o.jpg
158a7sy.jpg
2vw9zcm.jpg

Obviously this will be a difficult task, since the original park layout may be hard to come by. I have no idea how that kind of info would even be collected. But ya gotta admit, it would be amazing to see the park live once again, even in digital form [happy]

Well, if you self or someone else being there when it still was up 'n' running, those memories would be a great reference to recreate the park in Planet Coaster. [happy][up]

I never heard of the park before, so I'm not your guy for the task. I like the idea though! [hehe]

Well, that happened in 2005. It's probably been 12 years since I've been to that park, so my memory of it is limited at least as far as the actual park layout.

There are a lot of pictures floating around online of the park in its current state, and a few from when it was actually in operation. I suppose if someone could find a photo of the park map and enough pictures, it might be possible to piece things back together.

I would love to remake this park. I even remember how it looks back when it was called Jazzland as I used to live in a city near it across the lake.
Totally up for building the park in conjunction with someone ^.^

The hard part to recreating the park is the rollercoasters but someone was nice enough to have a camera back then and carry it onto the coaster for a ride with a couple side and even sky shots.

[video=youtube;1S8TXr8auyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S8TXr8auyw[/video]

This brings back sooooo many memories, I remember going here as a child. I hope the city tries to do something with the land.

Thanks for these posts Zoliea and Ray Cox!! That will help a bunch with this project!

Once the game gets advanced enough, and my skills playing it improve well enough, I will see if I can re-create it myself. But I invite everyone who wants to be a part of this to join in/do so as well :)

I actually started work on my own version of the park ^.^ I even published the Mega Zeph. I tried to get it as accurate to the original as possible with it still being functional. Sadly a 1:1 scale of it based on measurements was not entirely possible to maintain functionality so I fudged it just a little but it is the basic shape and design even if ever so slightly off at a couple parts. Though its a good starting point ^.^
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=832451305

Hey guys, now I am going to show you my version of the park with these two screen shots, one quick thing I think we should all start working on Joccos Marti Gras madness. I am fi4st going to email the creator of this thread so he can see how it looks.

Screenshot%20(5).png

Click on the link anad this is so far the front entrance ive made, im trying to make the sign with those shooting stars that are on the real old sign

Top Bottom