Real World Theme Parks Jazzland/Six Flags New Orleans project!

I'll see your Mega Zeph recreation and raise you...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=853113715

w9LlMQU.png

sjRdRR1.png

ELVNdav.png

Compare it to this image

------

Well I guess I might as well register and post the start of my Six Flags New Orleans park.

I started it just yesterday. I have built the entrance, complete with the massive parking lot. I then did an initial layout of the park, at scale, compared to the entrance. It should be as close to real world scale as Planet Coaster can manage.

I used an image overlay tool, and a image from Google Earth to work out all the locations of the paths and the various rides. Along with historic images and bird's eye images from Bing, and the many urban explorer videos of the place, there is a lot of material to work with. Too bad there are too few pre-Katrina images.

I completed my Mega Zeph last night, but I didn't take any additional images yet. I am curious to see how it compares to the ones posted here and in the workshop. I also had to tweak mine to get the coaster to complete the whole loop while keeping the ratings up.

My plan is to recreate the park as accurately as possible, but perhaps as if it were in its prime. The images I find, before Katrina killed the park, actually make it look sort of look bland. There was little to no trees or other secondary decorations. Most of the rides were just surrounded by moats of concrete.

------

I made the Back to the Future trilogy map. It has been very popular on Channel5's youtube channel. I have known about this park for years and wanted to make it into a Left4Dead map.

I love recreating real world locations in video games. I am good enough at it that I did real-time architectural visualization for a few years. I'll post updates as I work slowly on the project.

"The Stig" I applaud you good sir! I believe yours is more accurate than mine while still being functional which is awesome! I still got a lot to learn about making working rollercoasters still ^.^

Hey folks, I started a Jazzland/Six Flag New Orleans park yesterday.

Here is my progress so far:

QPTFq5K.png

J1HJcBP.png

Ny9kL43.png

yd7lhUe.png

First I built the entrance to the park. Then using that as a scale reference I used a image overlay and laid out the general location of the rides as well as the Mega Zeph.
I plan on putting in as much detail as the game will allow. But also idealizing the park a bit as if it were totally restored. The original park seems to have lacked any sort of landscaping.

I started a faithful recreation of this park, and tried posting here twice now. I seems the moderators don't find my posts fit to approve or are extremely slow. I will try to make a post in the creations area instead.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I started a faithful recreation of this park, and tried posting here twice now. I seems the moderators don't find my posts fit to approve or are extremely slow. I will try to make a post in the creations area instead.

Sorry to hear that you had to wait a few hours. It looks like no one was around to approve your posts. After all, we mods are volunteers and can sometimes be busy with other things in real life.

You are welcome to start a new thread in the Community Creations forum. [up]

cant wait to see what gets build here.. i wish a chalange mode was available just with the parks entrance, parking and floor and landscaping layout you know just like that you gotta decide how you wanna make it hehehe i heard its reopening maybe too! im form the netherlands and totally want to visit it then. hell i would now if i could.

I am sorry that i am replying to an old thread but i would love to be able to play around with this park... I am from New Orleans and before the park closed (jazzland or Six Flags new Orleans) I went to it just about every day when i wasnt at work. My wife and i share alot of found memories of this park.

It's too bad the park closed, but this lady wanted to revive the park as Jazzland and even bring back new versions of the Haunted House and Laff-in-the-Dark that used to be at Pontchartrain Beach which closed Sept. 1983. She was going to have the sons of the former owners of Pontchartrain Beach help out with the dark ride projects. There was also supposed to be other dark rides in the revived park like a wax museum dark ride, a tunnel of love.

Top Bottom