Update Journal docs for Odyssey release

Thanks for the updated docs. The new fields in MissionCompleted do help my software a bit.
But I was hoping for new events related to combat zones.

A conflict zone started and completed events would be nice.
I don't see anything relating to 3.8/4.0 versions though. I guess we will just have to check the build versions or something. Although there is the Odyssey bool in the fileheader event I suppose.

A conflict zone started and completed events would be nice.
I don't see anything relating to 3.8/4.0 versions though. I guess we will just have to check the build versions or something. Although there is the Odyssey bool in the fileheader event I suppose.
Indeed those are the two methods.

For the benefit of others. The Fileheader 'Odyssey' boolean value is specifically about the client build (not about what access the account has). False for 3.8/Legacy, True for 4.0/Live.

The LoadGame 'Odyssey' boolean is about the active account access. It's only present on 4.0 clients, True if the account has an Odyssey license and is playing Odyssey, False otherwise. So for this flag it's the presence, not value, of the flag that indicates Legacy versus Live. It might be clearer to just look at the table I made in the EDDN docs from Update 13 observations -> https://github.com/EDCD/EDDN/blob/live/docs/Developers.md#horizons-and-odyssey-flags .

EDMC will be using the "gameversion" to determine Live versus Legacy unless and until that is shown to not work/be reliable.

Hello @Lombra 🖖;), can you please update the online documentation of the journal to version 36.
That would be very nice. Thank you very much in advance :giggle:.

Suggestion: Can we have the fleet carrier X,Y,Z position output to the journal in the CarrierJumpRequest event record or have CarrierJump events for every jump.

Currently only the system name is output, but if nobody has been there then sites like EDSM will not have a record of the position, so you cannot do a lookup. I'm trying to plot my carrier itinerary, but if it jumps without me onboard then the carrier X,Y,Z location is unknown. I only get the X,Y,Z location when I meet up with my carrier in my ship.

There is a CarrierJump event, with a star pos, but that is only supposed to be written if you are online and docked with the carrier. I don't think this works anyway as I have none of these in my journal file, or does it only work if you are docked with someone else's carrier when it jumps.

Suggestion: Can we have the fleet carrier X,Y,Z position output to the journal in the CarrierJumpRequest event record or have CarrierJump events for every jump.

Currently only the system name is output, but if nobody has been there then sites like EDSM will not have a record of the position, so you cannot do a lookup. I'm trying to plot my carrier itinerary, but if it jumps without me onboard then the carrier X,Y,Z location is unknown. I only get the X,Y,Z location when I meet up with my carrier in my ship.

There is a CarrierJump event, with a star pos, but that is only supposed to be written if you are online and docked with the carrier. I don't think this works anyway as I have none of these in my journal file, or does it only work if you are docked with someone else's carrier when it jumps.
It's bugged... in Odyssey 4.0 you'll typically receive a Location event where a CarrierJump event should be.

It's bugged... in Odyssey 4.0 you'll typically receive a Location event where a CarrierJump event should be.
No, I don't get a location event. There is a CarrierJumpRequest and then nothing mentions the carrier until I get an FSSSignalDiscovered event when my ship enters the carrier's system. I only get location events at game load.

No, I don't get a location event. There is a CarrierJumpRequest and then nothing mentions the carrier until I get an FSSSignalDiscovered event when my ship enters the carrier's system. I only get location events at game load.
Ah, I should have been clearer. Nothing is written unless you're aboard. If you are aboard then you'll probably get a Location event.

OK. I understand now. If I'm docked at my fleet carrier and a get a Location event then I can write that location to the carrier as well. That satisfies the docked situation. I juist need the undocked situation as per my suggestion.

The other thing that is bugged with regards to Fleet Carriers is when you're walking around a Fleet Carrier next to a planet, within Status.json you get Flags set as though you're walking round a surface settlement (not a Fleet Carrier). Strangely you also get co-ordinates as though you are on a planet.

In addition the Location event doesn't say you're on a Fleet Carrier if you're On-Foot within the Fleet Carrier, only if you're in your docked ship.

Frustrating if you're trying to work out if you're on a Fleet Carrier especially when you first load into the game.

Reading through v36 of the Journal Manual I noticed that scan events contain a "Species" which, going by the examples, is an integer number. Is there a reference table available anywhere for these species? It seems to be missing from the manual.

I think with the number is meant the number of different species and not the name of the species.

But you can find a list of species here:
Thanks. I have to remember that the Journal isn't meant to be a source of information for players. Apparently the Codex Entry entry in the Journal contains more information about the genus, species and colour of each scan.

Curious.

'MissionFailed’ event is now written when the mission enters the failed state instead of when the mission is abandoned in the transactions panel.

As far as I understood it missions only counted as 'failed' in terms of BGS when you dismissed them from your panel. Has this behaviour now changed, and are they now counted as 'failed' in the BGS when they actually fail?

Fixed the “FactionKillBond” event sometimes not getting written
What exactly does this mean? Are "bonds" that you receive in conflict zones for participating/finishing now also written out? Or does this affect missing kill bond values when you aid a Thargoid kill but aren't the one the kill is attributed too in the Thargoid war simulation?

Top Bottom