Update Journal docs for Odyssey release

Still no ranks for Exobiologist or Merc/Soldier.
No mention of Taxi and Multicrew in several events, where it was added in Alpha, assume is same in this update?!

Last edited:
There is something wrong with the 'Rank' event, or something missing at the lastest docs.

{ "timestamp":"2021-05-19T19:11:44Z", "event":"Rank", "Combat":3, "Trade":8, "Explore":8, "Empire":24, "Federation":24, "CQC":0 }
Afaik there are only 14 ranks for Empire and Federation,
1621460507886.png
so what is rank 24?
Either there are undocumented ranks available or it is a bug.

Last edited:
I think Section 4.18 "Route" event and Route.json file should be NavRoute and NavRoute.json... This may not be a new problem though...

Thanks, but until proved or confirmed by Fdev it is considered speculation.
How about these from my Odyssey log:

{ "timestamp":"2021-05-20T03:56:21Z", "event":"Rank", "Combat":8, "Trade":8, "Explore":8, "Soldier":0, "Exobiologist":0, "Empire":14, "Federation":14, "CQC":0 }
{ "timestamp":"2021-05-20T03:56:21Z", "event":"Progress", "Combat":100, "Trade":100, "Explore":100, "Soldier":0, "Exobiologist":0, "Empire":100, "Federation":100, "CQC":35 }

They don't show up in my Horizon client logs though...

Last edited:
I can't see Any events documented that record first foot fall for example (or first discovered or first mapped events either) - theses aren't recorded on the codex either for some bizzarre reason.

Any Idea if the "new" elite ranks are already in the api (I dont mean Soldier and Exobiologist ranks, but elite+ ranks)? According the documentation v31 it is still max 8, which is Elite (See sections 3.12 and 15.1). Inara already shows ranks "beyond" elite: https://inara.cz/galaxy-rankings/ .

Last edited:
Any Idea if the "new" elite ranks are already in the api (I dont mean Soldier and Exobiologist ranks, but elite+ ranks)? According the documentation v31 it is still max 8, which is Elite (See sections 3.12 and 15.1). Inara already shows ranks "beyond" elite: https://inara.cz/galaxy-rankings/ .
The journal and CAPI only contain the number (and yes the new ones are reported). Each client converts the number to a dispaly text.
9 .. Elite I, 10 .. Elite II, 11 .. Elite III, 12 .. Elite IV, 13 .. Elite V

Does anyone have more details on the "WeaponMods" field in the event "SuitLoadout"? In my log it's an empty array (since I have no weapon mods yet), but I cannot find any info in the v31 docs

@hchalkley I know you guys are super busy at the moment, but when time allows would it be possible to get counts for Locations, Bio and Geo when performing a Scan event please. I know this isn't possible for Horizons (because Bio/Geo aren't instant) but they are now in Odyssey and would be really useful, and is only reflecting what the FSS tells us anyway.
Similarly, if the SAASignalsFound could include an array of the items found (basically what you can scroll through in the heatmap), that too would be great.

Does anyone have more details on the "WeaponMods" field in the event "SuitLoadout"? In my log it's an empty array (since I have no weapon mods yet), but I cannot find any info in the v31 docs
It looks to be a simple string array.
{ "SlotName":"PrimaryWeapon1", "SuitModuleID":1700297280714471, "ModuleName":"wpn_m_assaultrifle_kinetic_fauto", "ModuleName_Localised":"Karma AR-50", "Class":3, "WeaponMods":[ "weapon_suppression_unpressurised", "weapon_range" ] }

Top Bottom