JP & JW Buildings on the same Sandbox

If you want the viewing platforms and other shops then you don't really want JP cause those things are not JP. They were never in the movie. They weren't even mentioned in the novel. It sounds like you want JW. If you want the JP aesthetics then go play a JP era park build. It's that simple.

I think this whole demand to combine the different eras is getting out of hand and is ridiculous. People are demanding to have something when they don't even understand what they are asking. A lot of the JW and JP stuff won't work well together. JP has the tour vehicles. There is really no need for viewing galleries in the JP era.

There is really no need for viewing galleries in the JP era.

There is if you want a fully functioning theme park that isn't restricted to the unfinished "soft-release" prototype seen in the 1993 movie. Hammond mentions the Raptor enclosure will have reinforced glass so guests will be able to watch the feeding - yes, by Jurassic World this had been implemented, but much of what we saw in Jurassic World wasn't specific to the World reimagining. Look at the concept art in the background of the 'chilly and seabass' scene, and its clear there was much more planned for Hammonds park than just a Jeep tour. I want to build THAT park!

Hell, give me the River Boat tour from Orlando. Frontier can charge whatever they want, a thousand, ten thousand a day. And people will pay it!

There is if you want a fully functioning theme park that isn't restricted to the unfinished "soft-release" prototype seen in the 1993 movie. Hammond mentions the Raptor enclosure will have reinforced glass so guests will be able to watch the feeding - yes, by Jurassic World this had been implemented, but much of what we saw in Jurassic World wasn't specific to the World reimagining. Look at the concept art in the background of the 'chilly and seabass' scene, and its clear there was much more planned for Hammonds park than just a Jeep tour. I want to build THAT park!

Hell, give me the River Boat tour from Orlando. Frontier can charge whatever they want, a thousand, ten thousand a day. And people will pay it!
The problem though is that Jurassic World was a zoo/theme park and thus had multiple ways of seeing the dinosaurs via the viewing gallery, viewing platform, monorail, Jurassic Tour and Gyrosphere. Whereas Jurassic Park was a safari park/wildlife preserve and as a result, only had the Park Tour and River Adventure for visitors to see the dinosaurs. Frontier themselves confirmed this park building style difference in one of their Return to Jurassic Park live-streams.

The full script during the Chilean sea bass lunch also reveals that the only other attractions that the park would receive were the River Adventure and Aviary; similar to the novel.
1DDB9855-E058-4A85-BBF6-7800A86E2BFE.png

However, I do believe that there are a couple of improvements that could be made to make building in the Jurassic Park era more enjoyable for players:

1. Make the Raptor Pen functional like it was in the campaign for Sandbox and Challenge mode.

2. Since guests are able to see the dinosaurs behind a fence from the tour vehicle, they should be able to see them if their footpath is next to a fence. It shouldn’t be as effective as the Park Tour, and the viewing cone should diminish if they’re next to a stronger fence.

did you buy the JP DLC? if so you do realize are actually paying more for less? (translation: an overpriced piece of content). i am glad i did not buy this DLC out of impulse or hype because i knew if i bought this DLC as it is currently i would not be getting my 20 USD's worth out of it (i found out the hard way when i bought the ghostbusters DLC of planet coaster) who cares if it does not make sense of not. people like me want it and having the ability to have that option turned on or off be made available for ALL the game modes would be much appreciated. trust me you'll be getting more value out of your 20 bucks worth or wherever country you live in.
Yeah I got the dlc and I’m really disappointed that we can’t mix them.i get not having them in the campaign and challenge mode but who thought that not allowing it in sandbox was a good idea.sandbox is literally where you go to enjoy all of what the game has to offer.

having all those toys to play with be restricted to just sandbox only is in my learned opinion is extremely limited. why just sandbox only? why not expand to other modes instead of just sandbox (you limit yourself if only one mode is available)? as well as having the option to be turned on or off. think far not short
cause sandbox makes the most sense if you think about it.cant have viewing galleries in RtJP campaign since they weren’t around in the first movie and everything’s Jurassic park themed.challenge mode I can argue that we should have all that stuff in there since it’s just a mode where you try to get 5 stars as fast as possible and not connected to the campaign in any way.but with sandbox it should be a no brainer to have everything there since it’s suppose to be the place where you can do whatever you want with all the games assets.

There were no viewing galleries in the movie. The audiences never saw them. Like I said there is no need for them. The tour vehicles fill the role fine.

did you buy the JP DLC? if so you do realize are actually paying more for less? (translation: an overpriced piece of content). i am glad i did not buy this DLC out of impulse or hype because i knew if i bought this DLC as it is currently i would not be getting my 20 USD's worth out of it (i found out the hard way when i bought the ghostbusters DLC of planet coaster) who cares if it does not make sense of not. people like me want it and having the ability to have that option turned on or off be made available for ALL the game modes would be much appreciated. trust me you'll be getting more value out of your 20 bucks worth or wherever country you live in.

Yes I bought it and I enjoyed it. I have no issue with the content. The amount of content was fine. It was exactly what I wanted. A modern JP park builder. The JP skins are great.

There is tons of content in the game now thanks to the JP DLC.

If you didn't want to buy then that's up to you.

I think this whole demand to combine the different eras is getting out of hand and is ridiculous. People are demanding to have something when they don't even understand what they are asking. A lot of the JW and JP stuff won't work well together. JP has the tour vehicles. There is really no need for viewing galleries in the JP era.

I thought the number of guest buildings in the base game was too low, and then the RtJP came out and I realized I had it too good. While I am a huge supporter for mixed era's in sand box, this can easily be corrected buy releasing more guest buildings for both eras. I would gladly pay $6 dollars like for the dino dlc packs that come out for a JW/JP building pack. If I can't mix then I will be willing to pay fro more!

Hammond's last line of dialogue there: "The applications of the Jurassic Park name is really only limited by our imaginations. And, as you've already seen, there's no limit to that at all!" - well there bloody is here, we can't mix and match eras :p.
What I see in their style is this: Frontier are dedicated to making the best film-style experience, and I don't think the average person in the JP knowing franchise audience know much (if any) of the novels. The three current campaigns have fleshed out specialized lores for the average audience who knows the film series. The line the script says is not really like a rule to everything that applies that is a must, I shall say.

However, I do see this at least being a true thing on sandbox mode (if it can be done right through the deeper technical gameplay aspects both eras have, that is), and MAYBE challenge mode.

Top Bottom