Jump range on partially full tank.

Hi.

Is there any way to tell my actual maximum jump range right now with the current fuel load I have? Coriolis tells me that with a fuel tank 1 size smaller (half size), I should get another 3 ly, but I'm not seeing it when I have the tank < half full. I'm not worried about running out of fuel, cos A) I'm careful and B) My carrier is always one call away.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Less mass of fuel to jump along with you. Unfortunately, supercruising toward high jump destinations some significant distance doesn't actually lower the range of the jump nor likewise fuel needed for it, at least the last few times I've checked, which admittedly have probably been well over a year ago.

Less mass of fuel to jump along with you. Unfortunately, supercruising toward high jump destinations some significant distance doesn't actually lower the range of the jump nor likewise fuel needed for it, at least the last few times I've checked, which admittedly have probably been well over a year ago.
Technically, you are increasing your jump range simply by burning fuel on supercruise.

Technically, you are increasing your jump range simply by burning fuel on supercruise.
Yeah, I covered that in the first sentence. I was just remarking the latter point, because it seems strange to me that one is accounted for while the other isn't.

You can see your current jump range at a ship info panel.

When you plot a course on the Galaxy map though, it does it using your full fuel jump range. So if you want to travel with less fuel / more range, you have to plot each jump manually..

Top Bottom