Jumping to Iras 21565-3937?

I have asked this before and been told it's not reachable. But I'm starting to wonder. I've finally gone over numbers for fuel effiency a little to see how far you could travel at supercruise to bridge the gap.

I've seen one star at around 446ly from it (A SCREA system. Lost it and am still looking.). I swear I saw one once that was 300-400 distance when I was traveling down there.

The 446ly one would require a distance of approx 277 ly travel. This would take a fuel tank of 848(856-8 for 1 jump) in a maxed out anaconda(Although this is the wrong math as max would be 817.1t(825.1t)) to reach it with a feul efficiency of around 0.697/hour of fuel usage.... Do any anaconda engines get this low? if not is there a way to use fuel rats to effectively bridge the cap and finally reach this star?

I also found another shortcut. There is an HD 205448 very close. If you could find a star closer to that star you could make a normal jump. I wonder if there are any tricks to getting to this unreachable star finally.

Edit: using the corrected fuel amounts. You should be able to travel a max of 817.1/(4.38071964* fuel/hour) My current anaconda does 1.54 an hour(1-reinforced, 4d engine, with drive distributor). But I know there is better. That would be a max of 121.1180946ly of travel at 2001c. Not including the ramp up time. That plus a jump of 84.22*2(more than this can be reached) = 289.5580946 without a neutron jump. Can this be aided with other anacondas and fuel transfers to reach this star? from 446 you would have to travel for 22 days per 817.1 fuel... That is probably around 50 days and around 1870.55t of fuel. Less with a more efficient engine. This is one way though. Twice this for a return trip to get credit. Although I assume it can be done a bit more efficently than this. I think I've seen my anaconda down to 1.33/h or better fuel. Around 43 days and 1615.5t fuel per one way.(For the main ship!)

Is there any way to acheive this? Does any other ship outdo the anaconda in pure distance to do this? I'm assuming an anaconda would need to be the main jump ship and others following to refuel. I get the feeling this is doable. If some one really wanted to!

I don't have the means to do this, but I wonder if others do. 8)

I'm assuming some simple math and a number of anacondas or something filled with fuel coud reload another anaconda to max to get past the 2.26x feul needed to make it. You would have to have 2 ships going to the final legg of the trip together to give the last one his fuel. Then they return the hard way. Not sure on the return trip. Depends on if the base one can refuel and if others can get to him manually. Would be interesting logistically.

I'm assuming you would want to take your return trip fuel runners with you to save time. How many can fly together at once? I only play solo. I've never dealt with this. Either way, If you want to spend the time I think it can be done. Could be a cool excersice to figure out what else can be reached with a lot of determination! Not to mention absolute exact range based on whatever limiting factors are in the game like multi players per shard thingy if there are effective limits or you can't jump groups to get new fuel etc.

Might be hard though if you have to get the same amount to the new location though. You might need all the return fuel people to make the first jump and run back to refuel in the same instance.

Last edited:
You can't travel in normal space between systems. You can, but it won't load. So no matter how close you get, in terms of jumping distance you aren't any closer. No matter how close you get, I think it will still require you to do the full jump. Nice calculations though...

Yes, but I think you can get closer to it then jump at a reduced distance. IE, get in range them jump normally.

Edit: You would also likely make this reasonable since that is 50 days at 24hours a day. If you can just run your pc you have corrections to make to reful and fine each other and lots of other fun stuff. How much fuel is waisted to get to 2001c. I did not include that in those calculation. Plus over fuel and how many vehicles each way. It could be a huge undertaking. Or it might not be that bad. I don't really now.

Last edited:
Yes, but I think you can get closer to it then jump at a reduced distance. IE, get in range them jump normally.
Well, your whole plan hinges on the idea that it's possible :) From my memory it isn't. Even if you close in the distance in normal space you still have to jump the distance shown on the galaxy map. Would be lovely for somebody with definitive answer to get here.

Jump distances and fuel usage is calculated from main star to main star, so even if you traveled all the way, then engaged the FSD to make the jump to load the new system, the fuel burn and jump range will be calculated as if you were still around the main star at the origin system.

This is an idea/suggestion that is regularly brought up, and the answer has not changed since the beginning...

Not possible.

I found a closer star. I think there is still closer from previous trips down there.

SCREAGI EP-Z D0 from calculations 427.913 ly

I think there is a star at around 390ly or less from it in the same area.

Edit: BTW, easy way to calculate ly distance. Find the the coordiantes as accurately as possible. Find the true difference between each coordinate. Then add the sqaure of each together and find the square root of all. SqrRoot(A^2+B^2+C^2). This finds the hypotanoose of the diagnal of 3d rectangle thing the coordinates make. Just make sure negatives add to positives and whatever basic addition rules make the correct values. A,B,C are just the difference in the 3 coordinates on the map. What happens is that you find the A^2+B^2 of one of the needed sides(A hypotenoose. New spelling. Deal with it!). This is then added to the hypotenoose around the middle shape. Once the true difference of the coordinates is found positive and negative don't matter and you can just use the above formula. Unless I missed something. And yes that is now the official real world spelling of hypotenuse from now on! It's a 3d hypotenuse that goes around your kneck to hang you! ;p

Plus I found this. I keep seeing a weird distant star that only shows up as a blur but then disapears. it's extremely angle specific.

Pics:
Source: https://imgur.com/a/I8oCvBn

Jump distances and fuel usage is calculated from main star to main star, so even if you traveled all the way, then engaged the FSD to make the jump to load the new system, the fuel burn and jump range will be calculated as if you were still around the main star at the origin system.

This is an idea/suggestion that is regularly brought up, and the answer has not changed since the beginning...

Not possible.

Well, that is a bummer then. I guess it would have been explored by now if it was possible.

Last edited:
I found a closer star. I think there is still closer from previous trips down there.

SCREAGI EP-Z D0 from calculations 427.913 ly

I think there is a star at around 390ly or less from it in the same area.

Plus I found this. I keep seeing a weird distant star that only shows up as a blur but then disapears. it's extremely angle specific.

Pics:
Source: https://imgur.com/a/I8oCvBn

Well, that is a bummer then. I guess it would have been explored by now if it was possible.
This was tried initially during the pre release Beta's way back when, and has been tested regularly since., so yeah, this was one of the first ideas for achieving extreme range.

Top Bottom