Jurassic Tour - Did They Even Test It?

Dinosaurs escaping through gates, trucks vibrating non stop as soon as they come into contact with any living creature, goats bringing tours to a literal standstill. You're charging money for this content... it's not good enough.

Personally I've only had the problem of the vibrating trucks when they stand still a long time because dinosaurs are in the way.
Though part of this can be alleviated by not placing feeders and water too near the tracks, that way the dinosaurs will be less likely to stand still in front of the trucks.

I actually love the new truck tour.
And the escaping dinosaurs thing. Yes that's an issue. But Frontier has confirmed they are looking into the problem. So hopefully we'll see a fix for that soon.

I mean, most of those things are indeed realism. You don't want to run of goats or dinosaurs. But it does get a bit annoying when the trucks just pipe up in a standstill because a few dinosaurs or goats are in the way.

Perhaps making them panic if the stand still in front of a truck too long would be a solution. Perhaps the truck can honk at them. That would be a realistic way to clear the road.

I mean, most of those things are indeed realism. You don't want to run of goats or dinosaurs. But it does get a bit annoying when the trucks just pipe up in a standstill because a few dinosaurs or goats are in the way.

Perhaps making them panic if the stand still in front of a truck too long would be a solution. Perhaps the truck can honk at them. That would be a realistic way to clear the road.

Yes the horn would be a nice way to make animals move. :D

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
All of our content gets thoroughly tested before release but as I am sure you can appreciate, when you release something out to thousands of people with different ways of playing and different systems there's bound to be one or two things that act different to how you might expect! The good news is that Update 1.8.2 is out now for Xbox and coming soon to PS4 and will help resolve a number of issues reported :)

Dinosaurs escaping through gates, trucks vibrating non stop as soon as they come into contact with any living creature, goats bringing tours to a literal standstill. You're charging money for this content... it's not good enough.

I have not seen any of this yet after playing with trucks for a week. Is it only small dinos escaping through the gates?

Maybe this is another stupid question, but important to me too: anyone had a chance to try if the trucks of the Jurassic Tour are destructible? Or at least if the guests inside can be harmed while taken into a carnivore enclosure?

Maybe this is another stupid question, but important to me too: anyone had a chance to try if the trucks of the Jurassic Tour are destructible? Or at least if the guests inside can be harmed while taken into a carnivore enclosure?
I have a tour going through my Dippy/Suchomimus exhibit. It's all bark and no bite. The trucks just stop if a dinosaur is standing in front of them.

One of my diplodocus' did flip over one of the trucks with it's tail though. Not an animation though, the dinosaur just turned around while it was too near. But they react just like the jeeps.

I have a tour going through my Dippy/Suchomimus exhibit. It's all bark and no bite. The trucks just stop if a dinosaur is standing in front of them.

One of my diplodocus' did flip over one of the trucks with it's tail though. Not an animation though, the dinosaur just turned around while it was too near. But they react just like the jeeps.

I was afraid this might the case, seeing all the rest. Thanks for answering (y)

So with update 1.82 they fixed the problem with small dinosaurs escaping through the gates and a number of other fixes. Still hoping they will make it so that you can connect multiple jurassic tours together. Other than that the only real bug with the tour is that the path does not blend in with the new terrain paints.

Top Bottom