Jurassic World Evolution 2: Feathered Species Pack and Update 6 coming 30 March 2023

By "levels", do they mean maps?
Both BiS and Evo Square said in their YouTube videos covering the free update that they're assuming six 'levels' means six maps. I thought another possibility was that it meant a leveling tool. Why we would need six of them, I'm not sure. The only thing that makes me question the 'levels' being new maps is why call them 'levels' instead of maps?They've always been referred to as maps before.

If it refers to six new maps, then WOAH, that would be a MASSIVE free update!

I am happy with the land creatures the only thing I do not like is the flier. Are there any other Pterosaurs anyone else knows that could have had feathers?
It's likely that all pterosaurus were feathered. Pterosaur feathers used to be referred to as "pycnofibers" and dinosaur feathers were either referred to as feathers or "dinofuzz" to distinguish the simple fuzzy feathers from the complex pennaceous feathers found on modern birds. Paleontologists have moved away from using the term "pycnofibers" because there is no structural difference between pycnofibers and simple feathers, a.k.a. "dinofuzz."

So the presence of feathers on saurichian dinosaurs, ornithischian dinosaurs, and pterosaurs indicates that the ancestor of these three groups was itself feathered. All dinosaurs and pterosaurs would have retained their feathers unless they grew large enough that the feathers would make them overheat. So large dinosaurs in warm climates would have lost them, similar to how large tropical mammals like elephants, rhinoceroses, and hippopotamuses lose their fur. There are no pterosaurs that are that heavy, so its very likely all pterosaurs would have retained their feathers.

Seriously thank you guys so much for adding all four of these to the game, especially Deinocheirus and Yutyrannus, two of my top favorite dinosaurs period. Though I'm also really stoked for the adorable little Jeholopterus and Sinosauropteryx (this one feels especially appropriate to include since it was the first non-avian dinosaur found with feathers, or filaments). The upcoming update with the new attractions (with a JPOG like viewing dome?!), new square maps (hopefully for each biome type including the dlc ones), and more sandbox settings are great.

That said I do wonder if the Deinocheirus will eat both plants and fish, since fossil evidence does show it ate fish, and likely would have eaten (water) plants. I also wonder if it can defend itself with its huge claws like Therizinosaurus? It will be fun to have it alongside Therizinosaurus too (or at least in sandbox if it hates it like it does with everything else), since both were from the Nemegt formation. Only missing Tarbosaurus now (which was in Camp Cretaceous) to complete the trio of giants from there. I am also wondering if the Sinosauropteryx will have a orange coloration similar to what has been found in the fossil record? I do see from the trailer that it does at least have that wonderful striped tail, which is a plus (edit: it also looks to have the striped mask over its eyes, and the white snout too).

Countershading and Stripes in the Theropod Dinosaur Sinosauropteryx Reveal Heterogeneous Habitats in the Early Cretaceous Jehol Biota

fx1.jpg

Edit 2: Just found out the Deinocheirus will eat both plants and fish, and the Jeholopterus is actually getting a new insect feeder type. That's great to see.

Last edited:
Welcome, Park Managers, to our latest Species Pack!

Introducing the Jurassic World Evolution 2: Feathered Species Pack, coming March 30 for £5.99/$7.99/€7.99.

Showcase an array of eye-catching prehistoric species in your parks and excite your guests with land-dwelling dinosaurs and a flying reptile. These captivating additions all exhibit magnificent plumage, ranging from dense coverings to fine coats that make them feel more alive than ever!

Let's explore everything that will be coming in the new Feathered Species Pack!

Yutyrannus

Befittingly named 'Feathered Tyrant', derived from Mandarin Chinese and Latin, the Yutyrannus is one of the largest known feathered carnivores. With its incredibly striking nasal crest and stunning coat, it's likely to make a thrilling addition to your park.

Jeholopterus

Agile and quick in flight, the Jeholopterus prides itself as one of the smallest airborne species in the game. Their small stature allows them to soar through the air with ease, chasing down insects for their next meal.

Deinocheirus

With arms longer than any bipedal dinosaur, the Deinocheirus is sure to wow your guests! Its fascinating duck-like bill and broad hump makes this dinosaur a distinctive prehistoric species to add to your parks. You'll most likely find them foraging on their favourite meal, plants!

Sinosauropteryx

This small carnivorous dinosaur is notable for its short arms and remarkably long tail, that was thought to be used for balance as it ran on its hind legs. Traditionally named the 'Chinese dragon bird', the Sinosauropteryx is covered in delicate hair-like feathers and a wavy striped tail that is sure to make an impactful impression on your guests!

Update 6

Get ready because we've got a few exciting additions and features coming in Update 6, a free update for everyone who owns Jurassic World Evolution 2, including both quality of life updates and bug fixes. We'll be going into more detail about what you can expect from Update 6 in a highlight on the forums, but for now here is the overview!

A new addition we've added in Update 6 is Remote Viewing Galleries! These galleries are essentially new building attractions you can place inside enclosures to give your guests front row seats, to watch their favourite prehistoric species. There are two types of galleries you can place in your park, the Log Viewing Gallery and the Dome Viewing Gallery. We're excited to see how you will implement them into your enclosures or aviaries!

Update 6 will also have a new cinematic camera mode for you to play around with, adding diverse ways to capture your very best screenshots. There will also be new zipline variants for you to decorate your parks with!

Sandbox mode is also getting a plethora of additions! You'll be getting 6 new square levels and new settings for feeder reserves, income tax, wild capture frequency and changes to decoration foliage, to make management even more rewardable!

Stay tuned for our Update 6 highlight, coming soon on the forums, where we will go into further detail about all these wonderful additions and more! In the mean time check out the new Feathered Species Pack here, and add to your Steam Wishlist here.

Tell us what you are most excited for in this new DLC and Update, Park Managers! Share them in the comments below!

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok and YouTube or join the discussions on our forums.
For the Jeholopterus, it says "chasing down insects for their next meal." Does this mean we are getting insect feeders?

@Jen please tell the team they knocked tho sone out of the park, I am saddened that we don't have Utharaptor but the creatures look great. What I am interested is that I read on social media that Deinocherius will eat both plants and fishes and the Joel will eat insects (new feeder). I know these aren't the whole notes but, will existing creatures have a diet change (Tapejara eating fruits, Compies and Dimorphodon eating bugs for example)?

How perfect is all of this!!!! I am delighted with everything I read! Thank you for this!!! I hope in this update you guys can fix a problem that I've been having. Once I have 100+ creatures in my park, they start to shake when they go to interact with each other. Does that problem happen to anyone else?

Both BiS and Evo Square said in their YouTube videos covering the free update that they're assuming six 'levels' means six maps. I thought another possibility was that it meant a leveling tool. Why we would need six of them, I'm not sure. The only thing that makes me question the 'levels' being new maps is why call them 'levels' instead of maps?They've always been referred to as maps before.

If it refers to six new maps, then WOAH, that would be a MASSIVE free update!
I find it difficult to believe that they'd give that many new maps away for free so I'm picturing existing maps but formatted in a square way so as to be more Sandbox building friendly.

How perfect is all of this!!!! I am delighted with everything I read! Thank you for this!!! I hope in this update you guys can fix a problem that I've been having. Once I have 100+ creatures in my park, they start to shake when they go to interact with each other. Does that problem happen to anyone else?
I've built a number of all species parks (so 102 creatures) and have not noticed this. Are you playing on a last gen console or older PC?

I find it difficult to believe that they'd give that many new maps away for free so I'm picturing existing maps but formatted in a square way so as to be more Sandbox building friendly.

Oh... I did not clue into this.

Please, to all that is good in the world, let San Diego be one of them. A square (or rectangle) without that annoying and pointless donut shape is my dream map.

Top Bottom