Jurassic World Evolution 2 is Now Available to Pre-Order - Coming 9 November

Cool - glad to new it will be fairly soon. Looking forward to Nov. 9th. Also like the Deluxe edition - 4 new species, as well as the return of my favorite Chinese stegosaur from JWE - makes it seems worth the extra 10 bucks.

I feel similarly about Huayangosaurus. It honestly feels a bit predatory to re-sell us a dinosaurs that was just brought over from the first game without any major model changes. Heck, it still doesn't have its tail club!

To be honest this is what I was worried about. That dinosaurs from JWE1 would be resold to us if they aren't in the base game. At least it was just one dinosaur, not 3.

The issue with stegosaurs in the first was that they were quite same-y (and that's expected, they were a quite small offshot in ankylosaur evolution, for all intents and purposes). Chungkingosaurus was the worst offender, because, at the size it was, it was for all intents and purposes Tuojiangosaurus restored with a Chungkingo thagomizer (which is a very valid choice); Tuojiangosaurus was pretty much the "third" stegosaur after Stego and Kentro, the second largest of the group, and passing it over for Chungkingo was... odd. Miragaia not being considered, neither for vanilla, Deluxe, or post-release DLC, was kinda weird as well, specially with Lourinha formation in-game already.

Huayango... it is pretty much Stego's Protoceratops. Not a miniature spiky Stego like Kentro is; it'd be slimmer, short-necked, big headed, long-legged and less specialized. Could enjoy a tweaked model, and the fact that it is an old species is kinda off-putting.

Megalo and Pachyrhino are very welcome, and nice maneuver giving us a second Pteranodon species that displays its crest; honestly, bad move on Ingen's part breeding only females in World; it is like having only peahens in a peafowl habitat!

" you can get 5 more by buying the Jurassic World Evolution 2 Deluxe Edition, which includes 1 new dinosaur, 1 new flying reptile, and 1 new marine reptile."
Was this a typo? Im pretty sure Megalosarus and Pachyrhino are both new correct?
Also just finished my pre-order im very hyped!

Also why the Huayangosaurus is there ? Don't get me wrong i love everything else, but that dino is a game 1 vanilla, it doesn't feel deluxe at all.
I feel similarly about Huayangosaurus. It honestly feels a bit predatory to re-sell us a dinosaurs that was just brought over from the first game without any major model changes. Heck, it still doesn't have its tail club!
To be honest this is what I was worried about. That dinosaurs from JWE1 would be resold to us if they aren't in the base game. At least it was just one dinosaur, not 3.
The Delux DLC dino content, like those in the first game, is what all day 1 PDLCs are in the industry: Secondary Priority Content that can't be feasibly be finished within the scope of the base game's shipping due to scheduling concerns for content that both is or isn't exactly a high priority. As a result, that secondary stuff gets a secondary and independent budget to help continue development on that little additional work, that way the rest of the high priority stuff within the base game can be worked on more. That's all it and all other day 1 PDLCs are.

Last edited:
That argument would hold a lot more water if the Huayangosaurus wasn't just a direct model port from the original game, which is unfortunately the case here.

That argument would hold a lot more water if the Huayangosaurus wasn't just a direct model port from the original game, which is unfortunately the case here.
Well, just because it's a similar or original model from a previous game, doesn't mean it's so easy to add, believe it or not. Even "porting" models from previous games is actually internally more work than one would think, just probably not the way you think.

I get it that nothing is easy to do, but i just wanted to know why they picked the ''Huayangosaurus'', because it doesn't feel very special ( deluxe ). They could have put another new dino in its place like the Amargasaurus and it would feel deluxe.

I also don't want to encourage selling base game or game 1 dlc as completely new additions to game 2, because they aren't.

Well, just because it's a similar or original model from a previous game, doesn't mean it's so easy to add, believe it or not. Even "porting" models from previous games is actually internally more work than one would think, just probably not the way you think.
It would've been comparatively much harder to have added a new dinosaur, since that requires and actual new model and coding for names and stuff. Given that JWE and JWE2 use the same engine (albeit different versions), porting between games would actually be relatively easy to accomplish. Needless to say that presence of Huayangosaurus feels like a weaselly attempt rake in a few extra bucks without putting the corresponding effort. Huayangosaurus should just be free.

Definitely still going back to look at the Megalosaurus. I certainly have a bias, and it is my adoration for therapod carnivores <3

Jens, I have a potentially stupid question. If I pre-order the game on Steam now (on my crappy laptop), and I later buy a decent gaming PC, can I download the game on that, and will I still get the pre-order bonus features?

The game looks great. Graphics and animations are very nice. I watched best in slot’s gameplay video and truthfully it’s just too much management and hurdles to jump through when all you really want to do is play sandbox and enjoy building a park PZ style with no limitations but to all getting this enjoy the game.

Jens, I have a potentially stupid question. If I pre-order the game on Steam now (on my crappy laptop), and I later buy a decent gaming PC, can I download the game on that, and will I still get the pre-order bonus features?
From what I understand, digital preorders are linked to the account you made the purchase from.

So if you have upgraded your computer, you could log in to the steam / epic games store account and access the content you have purchased from your other devices. Preorder bonuses won't be lost as they now are tied to your account.

Now all I have to do is find a PS5. LOL
I mean you don't have to, it's supposed to run on a PS4, somehow.

I can't see a JWE2 PS4 version in Playstation Store. Will the PS4 version be available for pre-order today? I just saw the PS5 version
I can't help but notice it says PS4 Pro enhanced on the PS5 version? So maybe it's supposed to be one and the same? I also can't see it on my PS4, only in an internet browser.

I mean you don't have to, it's supposed to run on a PS4, somehow.

I can't help but notice it says PS4 Pro enhanced on the PS5 version? So maybe it's supposed to be one and the same? I also can't see it on my PS4, only in an internet browser.

Pretty much! It is described in the Game and Legal Info of JWE2 on PS Store.

"This product entitles you to download both the digital PS4™ version and the digital PS5™ version of this game.".

So you should be able to purchase this game and run it on PS4 until you get the PS5, which you could then either run the game via backwards compatibility with PS4 Pro enhancements, or just upgrade to the PS5 version free of charge.

But I am curious how save data is handled in this regard when you want to upgrade to PS5. Usually, you would need both versions of the game on the PS5 to transfer the save data over, only recently did the process get easier with Ghost of Tsushima allowing save data to transfer without needing both games to be installed on the same system. 🤔

Let us know what you think about these vehicle skins in the comments!
Ranger Vehicle.jpg
Medical Vehicle.jpg
Capture Helicopter.jpg

I love this so much! With the new TLW and DPG vehicle skins, the San Diego amphitheater, and both legacy and modern aesthetic choices when it comes to park assets and dinosaurs, this would allow us to virtually build any park and role-play from any JP-JW movie. Now I wish I took my break in November 😂

People are now existed because dinosaurs are found in their country? Well, I guess I have to be very exited for the Mosasaurus then?

Anyway, Pachyrhinosaurus = awesome.
Megalosaurus = never was a huge fan, and yet another big carnivore that looks somewhat the same as all the rest.
Huayangosaurus = meh, but I guess if it is a small stegosaurid, I'm growing onto it, but I agree with the people that find it's inclusion in the Deluxe pack to be strange at best.
The water and flying thing, I never heard of them, but I guess they look awesome, IF that plesiosaurus-thing isn't 100% the same as plesiosaurus itself, but I think it looks a bit like nothosaurus, it's head.

Still no word about Therizinosaurus, but then again, also no word about Apatosaurus, so everything can still happen.

I would have put these in the DELUXE version:
Pachyrhinosaurus
Crylophosaurus
Wuerosaurus
Elasmosaurus
And the same flying dinosaur that you did, I actually like it very much.

Top Bottom