Jurassic World Evolution 2: Prehistoric Marine Species Pack and Update 7 coming August 10

Francesca Falcini

Senior Community Manager
Welcome, Park Managers, to our latest Species Pack!

Introducing the new Jurassic World Evolution 2: Prehistoric Marine Species Pack, coming August 10.

Give your guests an unforgettable underwater experience with four new marine species. House gentle giants, prehistoric reptiles, and powerful, armoured predators in your lagoons.

Shall we take a closer look at what's coming in the Jurassic World Evolution 2: Prehistoric Marine Species Pack?

JWE2_DLC7_Screens_1920x1080_Archelon_Group_WM.jpg

Archelon

There's a reason that Archelon's name means 'Ruler Turtle'! Thought to have lived in the Late Cretaceous Period, Archelon remains the largest turtle ever discovered. With giant flippers, Archelon was a fast swimmer, which is bound to make it a breathtaking addition for your guests!

JWE2_DLC7_Screens_1920x1080_Dunkleosteus_Mid_WM.jpg

Dunkleosteus

Sporting a massive, sharpened jaw, this powerful armoured fish was one of the most intimidating of its time. This voracious predator could soon be stalking your lagoons, for better or worse...

JWE2_DLC7_Screens_1920x1080_Nothosaurus_Close_WM.jpg

Nothosaurus

Look at those teeth! This nimble, distinctive predator roamed the shores of the Late Triassic, propelling itself forward with webbed feet. With a bioluminescent skin also available, your guests won't be able to tear their eyes away from this incredible species.

JWE2_DLC7_Screens_1920x1080_Shonisaurus_Swim_Dome_WM.jpg

Shonisaurus

With a notably rotund frame, Shonisaurus was the graceful giant of the Late Triassic period. With only a long, skinny snout, the Shonisaurus would rely on its size to fend off would be predators.

JWE2_DLC7_Screens_1920x1080_Archelon_Mid_WM.jpg

Lagoon Rock Platform

You'll be able to make your Lagoons truly stand out with an all-new Lagoon Rock Platform. This will provide an above-water resting spot for both Archelon and Nothosaurus, whilst also providing your park guests with an incredible look at these stunning species.

Update 7

We've got some very exciting features coming in Update 7, which is free to all Jurassic World Evolution 2 players, including quality of life and bug fixes.

However, you'll have to come back tomorrow (Friday August 4) to get all of the details, in our upcoming Free Update Highlight.

Want a sneak peek before the highlight? You might want to keep an eye on our social channels: Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

In the meantime, you can wishlist the Jurassic World Evolution 2: Prehistoric Marine Species Pack here.

Which of our new species are you most excited for, Park Managers?

It looks very cool but you made me very sad/angry. We all wanted Megalodon. Look at YouTube. Everybody was so happy about it. When you gave us the first hint yesterday. We were happy you listened to us. But no, there is no Megalodon 😔 this is the first time for me, I am very disappointed Frontier 😔
Not their fault if you guys jump to conclusions. They never said it was going to feature a Megalodon, all that caudal fin from the teaser meant was that there was a fish in the pack. There is nothing to be angry about.

Last edited:
So that's what that shark-thing was, a Dunkleosteus! I knew it couldn't be a Megalodon, but I didn't think it was that! It's the first ancient fish (and oldest animal) ever in-game, and somehow, I knew what I said wouldn't ever be that big of a problem. And there is an ichthyosaur in it too, which I do wonder if I saw that too in at least the second clip of that teaser? Maybe?

Also, what really surprises me is the inclusion of the Nothosaurus. I thought it would be exclusive to something Camp Cretaceous themed, just like how everything else before, species wise, from a specific show was kept in a respective themed PDLC pack. Its model looks exactly like it too, which makes me think if it will have the "2015" skin for it?

This really blew away expectations too! In that isn't an expansion pack like I speculated it would be, but those speculations did kind of go away yesterday when that teaser was uploaded. But that's not a complaint or anything because doesn't matter at all. I'm looking forward to having this DLC and testing out the new creatures!

Last edited:
Not their fault if you guys jump to conclusions. They never said it was going to feature a Megalodon, all that caudal fin fron the teaser meant was that there was a fish in the pack. There is nothing to be angry about.
Yes, they never said it, but it is highly requested creature. I would immediately switch Shonisaurus for Megalodon. And honestly partially it is their "fault" because community is asking for it.

Top Bottom