Jurassic World Evolution 2 - Update 1.8.2

Francesca Falcini

Senior Community Manager
Hi Park Managers!
Update 1.8.2 is now available for all versions of Jurassic World Evolution 2. Please see the changes below:

Bug Fixes

• Lagoon Viewing Domes and Lagoon Rock Platforms should no longer float on the surface of Lagoons after loading a save. Players with this issue need to save and reload their game again to resolve it
  • Hunting packs of dinosaurs should no longer panic after attacking and taking down another dinosaur
  • Fixed certain cases of dinosaurs disliking their own species
  • Added the research required to counter the "Fussy" trait in Sandbox or Custom Challenge Mode
  • "Building Style" and "Staff and Guests" category details are no longer switched in the Custom Challenge Mode set-up
  • Genome Modification Limits should now be applied as intended in Custom Challenge mode
  • Fixed an instance where all missions would vanish during Chaos Theory: Jurassic Park's introduction dialogue
Prehistoric Marine Species Pack:
  • Nothosaurus has found her courage and should no longer panic when seeing the Archelon. This will also allow Nothosaurus to use Lagoon Rock Platforms alongside Archelon
Misc:
  • Various stability fixes
  • Various animation fixes

It's probably a far more complicated bug
Its really not. As a modder i can confirm that the Dominion feather issues started when they deleted some "fgm" files from within the therizinosaurus "ovl" archive, which control the feathers' transparency. Its unclear why they deleted them, although it was probably a mistake, since they only removed some of them and not all of them (some variants still have those files). This issue is so incredibly easy to fix, they literally only have to add those files back and it'd fix itself. I dont understand why they dont do that. (This applies to 65mya rex too).

Last edited:
Its really not. As a modder i can confirm that the Dominion feather issues started when they deleted some "fgm" files from within the therizinosaurus "ovl" archive, which control the feathers' transparency. Its unclear why they deleted them, although it was probably a mistake, since they only removed some of them and not all of them (some variants still have those files). This issue is so incredibly easy to fix, they literally only have to add those files back and it'd fix itself. I dont understand why they dont do that. (This applies to 65mya rex too).
Its crazy how a modder can catch the issue so fast, what do you think about quetza?

Please fix the following bugs and errors too:

Jeholopterus is still listed as a herbivore in the Species Viewer. Please give it its own category: Insectivore
Jeholopterus species viewer.png

There is also this:
Flyers research.png

Both the icon and the picture (showing Tsintaosaurus) are wrong. It should show Jeholopterus.

Hi Park Managers!
Update 1.8.2 is now available for all versions of Jurassic World Evolution 2. Please see the changes below:

Bug Fixes

• Lagoon Viewing Domes and Lagoon Rock Platforms should no longer float on the surface of Lagoons after loading a save. Players with this issue need to save and reload their game again to resolve it
  • Hunting packs of dinosaurs should no longer panic after attacking and taking down another dinosaur
  • Added the research required to counter the "Fussy" trait in Sandbox or Custom Challenge Mode
  • "Building Style" and "Staff and Guests" category details are no longer switched in the Custom Challenge Mode set-up
  • Genome Modification Limits should now be applied as intended in Custom Challenge mode
  • Fixed an instance where all missions would vanish during Chaos Theory: Jurassic Park's introduction dialogue
  • Nothosaurus has found her courage and should no longer panic when seeing the Archelon. This will also allow Nothosaurus to use Lagoon Rock Platforms alongside Archelon
Misc:
Have you fixed the weird appeal numbers?
The Therizinosaurus feathers?

I'm glad that Nothosaurus no longer panics with Archelon in the same Lagoon. Thank you developers for your hard work on making the game better now I'm hoping that you can consider having tylosaurus and mosasaurus being able to hunt Archelon. Fossils Do Show Mosasaurus and Tylosaurus did Hunt Giant Sea Turtles as their main food source in The Late Cretaceous and Archelon was prey to both species of mosasaur.

Last edited:
Hi Park Managers!

Bug Fixes

Misc:
is the game crashing because of having a Mosasaur and a shark feeder fixed ? Because that was my only real problem with the game.

Latest update seems to have fixed the Sinosauropteryx constantly panicking when alongside Yutyrannus for me. Maybe it wasn't because it was alongside Yutyrannus, but because of the goats previously? Drooping Dimorphodon tails also seemed to have been fixed despite there being no note of it.

Anyways here's a list of issues that still need fixing:

Sinosauropteryx has higher appeal then Coelophysis, Compsognathus, and Moros intrepidus, but has Defence stat of 0. As a result it cannot ever successfully pack hunt a goat. 100% failure rate, even with boosted attack and defensive stats. This still needs fixed.

Therizinosaurus still likes Oviraptor twice, and still dislikes itself. Probably should be Sinosauropteryx there instead, but it makes much more sense for it to like all Scavengers altogether, like most of the other animals do (edit: instead of listing them individually like it does now).

Chasmosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus and Styracosaurus does not have Scavengers in its likes, but based on other ceratopsians, I'm guessing they should as well?

Parasaurolophus does not like Stegosaurids and Ankylosaurids, but other ornithopods do.

Ankylosaurs (Crichtonsaurus, Euoplocephalus, Minmi, Nodosaurus, Polcanthus, Sauropelta, except Ankylosaurus), ornithopods (Corythosaurus, Dryosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Maiasaura, Muttaburrasaurus, Olorotitan, Ouranosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Tsintaosaurus, except Iguanodon), pachycephalosaurids (Dracorex, Homalocephale, Pachycephalosaurus, Stygimoloch), ornithomimosaurs (Archaeornithomimus, Deinocheirus, Gallimimus, Struthiomimus), small stegosaurids (Chungkingosaurus, Huayangosaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, Kentrosaurus), and sauropods (Amargasaurus, Apatosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Diplodocus, Dreadnoughtus, Mamenchisaurus, Nigersaurus), also do not have Scavengers listed in their likes, which I'm guessing is a bug as well (unless Homalocephale and Dryosaurus can be pack hunted by them, but safe to say they shouldn't count towards the cohabitation for the rest of these species).

I don't yet have the Late Cretaceous Pack DLC or the newest Prehistoric Marine DLC, so I can't check those species.

Atrociraptor, Monolophosaurus, and Lystrosaurus have no liked species (edit: The former two should at least like Scavengers like all other carnivores do, and the Lystrosaurus should at least like Therizinosaurus, since it "likes" Lystrosaurus).

Liopleurodon has no liked species, despite being a medium species like Attenborosaurus and Elasmosaurus. Ichthyosaurus and Plesiosaurus also have no liked species.

Scavengers (Coelophysis, Compsognathus, Moros intrepidus, Sinosauropteryx), and Oviraptor all have the Dr. Wu hybrids listed individually, but all other animals use "Dr. Wu hybrids" in their dislikes, which seems redundant to have.

Indominus rex, Indoraptor, and Scorpios rex has Marine (Large), Marine (Medium), Marine (Small), and Marine Reptile in its dislikes which seems redundant as neither can interact with lagoon species.

Last edited:
Latest update seems to have fixed the Sinosauropteryx constantly panicking when alongside Yutyrannus for me. Maybe it wasn't because it was alongside Yutyrannus, but because of the goats previously? Drooping Dimorphodon tails also seemed to have been fixed despite there being no note of it.

Anyways here's a list of issues that still need fixing:

Sinosauropteryx has higher appeal then Coelophysis, Compsognathus, and Moros intrepidus, but has Defence stat of 0. As a result it cannot ever successfully pack hunt a goat. 100% failure rate, even with boosted attack and defensive stats. This still needs fixed.

Therizinosaurus still likes Oviraptor twice, and still dislikes itself. Probably should be Sinosauropteryx there instead, but it makes much more sense for it to like all Scavengers altogether, like most of the other animals do (edit: instead of listing them individually like it does now).

Chasmosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus and Styracosaurus does not have Scavengers in its likes, but based on other ceratopsians, I'm guessing they should as well?

Parasaurolophus does not like Stegosaurids and Ankylosaurids, but other ornithopods do.

Ankylosaurs (Crichtonsaurus, Euoplocephalus, Minmi, Nodosaurus, Polcanthus, Sauropelta, except Ankylosaurus), ornithopods (Corythosaurus, Dryosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Maiasaura, Muttaburrasaurus, Olorotitan, Ouranosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Tsintaosaurus, except Iguanodon), pachycephalosaurids (Dracorex, Homalocephale, Pachycephalosaurus, Stygimoloch), ornithomimosaurs (Archaeornithomimus, Deinocheirus, Gallimimus, Struthiomimus), small stegosaurids (Chungkingosaurus, Huayangosaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, Kentrosaurus), and sauropods (Amargasaurus, Apatosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Diplodocus, Dreadnoughtus, Mamenchisaurus, Nigersaurus), also do not have Scavengers listed in their likes, which I'm guessing is a bug as well (unless Homalocephale and Dryosaurus can be pack hunted by them, but safe to say they shouldn't count towards the cohabitation for the rest of these species).

I don't yet have the Late Cretaceous Pack DLC or the newest Prehistoric Marine DLC, so I can't check those species.

Atrociraptor, Monolophosaurus, and Lystrosaurus have no liked species (edit: The former two should at least like Scavengers like all other carnivores do, and the Lystrosaurus should at least like Therizinosaurus, since it "likes" Lystrosaurus).

Liopleurodon has no liked species, despite being a medium species like Attenborosaurus and Elasmosaurus. Ichthyosaurus and Plesiosaurus also have no liked species.

Scavengers (Coelophysis, Compsognathus, Moros intrepidus, Sinosauropteryx), and Oviraptor all have the Dr. Wu hybrids listed individually, but all other animals use "Dr. Wu hybrids" in their dislikes, which seems redundant to have.

Indominus rex, Indoraptor, and Scorpios rex has Marine (Large), Marine (Medium), Marine (Small), and Marine Reptile in its dislikes which seems redundant as neither can interact with lagoon species.

If it is an issue with dinosaur cohabitation, I think pachycephalosaurs should be the focus for now.

1) Homalocephale should have the same cohabitation preferences as Struthiomimus, Archaeornithomimus, Gallimimus, and hadrosaurs.

2) Pachycephalosaurs, ornithomimids, and hadrosaurs should like each other.

3) As stegosaurs dislike ankylosaurs and ceratopsians, the stegosaurs' dislike relationships should include combat-capable pachycephalosaurs such as Dracorex, Stygimoloch, Stegoceras (if added), and Pachycephalosaurus

4) Combat-capable pachycephalosaurs and ceratopsians should like each other.

• The Lagoon Viewing Dome entrance still has not its own correct banner, uses the land dome one instead:
Lagoon Dome Entrance Banner.jpg

• Head feathers of Therizinosaurus are still not back to their original state:
Therizinosaurus head feathers.jpg

It has been what? Over a year now??

• The dislikes list of Therizinosaurus and the three hybrids is a hot mess now:
Therizinosaurus messy dislikes.jpg

It simply said 'Everything' before, as it should. Why was this messed with???
Marine reptiles are listed by size and then again as a general group, which does not make any damn sense. Not to mention that they can't even share any habitat with terrestrial species. The Therapsid group misses an icon. And Therizinosaurus still dislikes itself. Why?? Just change it back to 'Everything' like before.

Therizinosaurus like dislike.jpg

Scavenger group also doesn't make any sense here, since Therizinosaurus likes them. Which leads to another mess-up, the likes list. All Scavengers are listed individually, instead of being summarized as 'Scavengers', as in all other likes lists of other species in-game.
On top of that, even though Sinosauropteryx is also a scavenger, Therizinosaurus is bothered by it. Which should be fixed.
Oviraptor is still listed twice.

It's really insane how something this simple can be messed up that much and still not get fixed after numerous months, despite players constantly reporting it!
It's so obvious that not even a single person even looked at this once

Great Job Frontier, you nailed the 2 important bugs! The lagoon viewing platforms /rock platforms and the shark feeder dunk/krono/mosa freeze bugs are gone!

Just tested it for a few hours all is working well!! Thanks guys!

Not sure what cohabitation problems are in game, I build huge parks and don't have any. Build bigger closures guys, the cohabitation makes sense as is. Use the humble and tolerant genes as well, but if your closure is small or want to stuff dinos that shouldn't be with others I don't see that as a "bug".

Now PLEASE frontier fix or work on the loading bug for huge square maps on sandbox. I was unable to load some old parks I left fronzen as is, so I deleted them all. I loaded some really mature parks some took 3 minutes to load, half builds took 2 minutes and 1/8'ths took 50 secs. So your basically adding an extra min of load time per 1/4 th of a completed sandbox square map until you reach just over the 3/4 fill part than it won't load anymore if you have huge lagoons and hatcheries. I will try only with 1 big lagoon, 1 medium one and no avian hatchery see what happens.

Glad you fixed those 2 nasty lagoon bugs though, thanks.

Great Job Frontier, you nailed the 2 important bugs! The lagoon viewing platforms /rock platforms and the shark feeder dunk/krono/mosa freeze bugs are gone!

Just tested it for a few hours all is working well!! Thanks guys!

Not sure what cohabitation problems are in game, I build huge parks and don't have any. Build bigger closures guys, the cohabitation makes sense as is. Use the humble and tolerant genes as well, but if your closure is small or want to stuff dinos that shouldn't be with others I don't see that as a "bug".

Now PLEASE frontier fix or work on the loading bug for huge square maps on sandbox. I was unable to load some old parks I left fronzen as is, so I deleted them all. I loaded some really mature parks some took 3 minutes to load, half builds took 2 minutes and 1/8'ths took 50 secs. So your basically adding an extra min of load time per 1/4 th of a completed sandbox square map until you reach just over the 3/4 fill part than it won't load anymore if you have huge lagoons and hatcheries. I will try only with 1 big lagoon, 1 medium one and no avian hatchery see what happens.

Glad you fixed those 2 nasty lagoon bugs though, thanks.

@easywolf32 WAKE UP!!!!!!!! The cohabitation in this game is worse than Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. Because of the current status of cohabitation, the official Germany challenge mode in Jurassic difficulty is un-playable. The cross-species adaptation genetic modification and the building of larger enclosures are not helping a lot. The herbivores' dislike relationships based on paleoplants only spoil the quality and the improvement this game has over Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis and Jurassic World: Evolution 1.

For the next major update, I would like to see some improvements in the pachycephalosaur cohabitation.

I am willing to trade the following likes relationships into dislikes:

1) Pentaceratops cannot cohabit with Styracosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, and Triceratops

2) Nasutoceratops cannot cohabit with Styracosaurus

3) Majungasaurus cannot cohabit with Qianzhousaurus

4) Albertosaurus cannot cohabit with Carnotaurus

5) Metriacanthosaurus cannot cohabit with Allosaurus

I would appreciate if the following relationships are patched up:

1) Huayangosaurus and Chungkingosaurus can mutually cohabit

2) Torosaurus and Triceratops can mutually cohabit

3) Camarasaurus and Apatosaurus can mutually cohabit

4) Diplodocus can mutually cohabit with Apatosaurus, Camarasaurus, and Brachiosaurus

5) Geosternbergia's one-sided like relationship with Pteranodon becomes mutual.

Top Bottom