ANNOUNCEMENT Jurassic World Evolution Announcement Trailer

@Frontier: Please bring the reverse function of the "foliage-removal tool" from the trailer to Planet Coaster!

A "foliage brush"! Placing every single tree and fern by hand is soooo 2000-level editor stuff. ;)

Oh I am so ready for this.

Edit:
So in Jurassic World they were constantly researching and developing new types of dinosaurs.

... now let your imagination chew that up for a bit as to how/if it will be implemented in JWE. :D

Last edited:
Oh I am so ready for this.

Edit:
So in Jurassic World they were constantly researching and developing new types of dinosaurs.

... now let your imagination chew that up for a bit as to how/if it will be implemented in JWE. :D

Or in another way:

Elite in the "Lost World" style..

The Big Galaxy = A vast humid continent

The Conda = Brontosaurus
Imperial Eagle = Pterodactylus
Federal Corvette = TRex
Clipper = Triceratops
Eagle = Velociraptor

Engineers = Shamans, and they just do the same, walk around the dino, throw stones at the floor and utter some random words..

Guardian Ruins = Guardian Ruins, since they happened million years ago..

And so on.. :)

Outstanding trailer. But so was the ED one, and we all still just sit in a cockpit. This is a wait and see release for me. But I do congratulate there new enterprise!

Outstanding trailer. But so was the ED one, and we all still just sit in a cockpit. This is a wait and see release for me. But I do congratulate there new enterprise!

Given where Planet Coaster is right now, less than a year post release, I think the trailer is likely to be closer to the actual game than Elite's trailers.

Looks like a re-skinned planet coaster. I wonder how the gameplay will differ?

Still, thats one strong IP to be working on.

Big area seem to be we can genetically modified the dinosaurs. Hopefully this side works on the line of being puzzle , where you have to drag genomes an fit them together, with different combinations generating random new creatures, some will be stable and last for years have exhibits, some will be unstable and die after a short while.

Imagine this affecting the park reputation, so the more science experiments that die upset the press and lead to decrease visitors

Does this mean we might see some Jurassic Park Ride themes for Planet Coaster!?

Congrats FD, a great franchise to be working with. As the first movie I remember seeing as a kid and what has driven me to want to make my own movies and create wonderful worlds and stories, I'm excited to know you guys are going to be taking care of this project. Elite:Dangerous has satisfied the space nerd in me, Planet Coaster the thrill seeker and now, soon, my prehistoric side will be satiated. Good Luck and I can't wait to play this when it's ready!

I think the fact that we have other universal properties showing up in Planet coaster shows this deal is a bit wider than just Jurassic park. An if this is a successful game, I could see frontier become the go to studio for universal. An there a few films of theirs that has potential for games.

I think the fact that we have other universal properties showing up in Planet coaster shows this deal is a bit wider than just Jurassic park. An if this is a successful game, I could see frontier become the go to studio for universal. An there a few films of theirs that has potential for games.

Ah, that's right, Universal has "Battlestar Galactica" , (the new movie based on the original they were rumored to make. ) (& "Buck Rogers" )
So maybe another quickie-shooter for the PS4. hmm, related to why they spent so many resources on getting the ps4 version of ED working? The fighters and the fighter bays easily translate to the colonial vipers attacking from and defending the battlestar carriers. You even see a bit of the launch-'woosh' in ED, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK4SjtTIEdQ&feature=youtu.be&t=16m7s

Personally, I'd rather Frontier make their own movie or tv-series in the Elite universe. (but much better than the Wing Commander -FreddiePrinzeJr./Kanan-lol movie). Like hire the producers of "Dark Matter" to make a "Stellar Frontier" or something series or movie, haha.

Last edited:
So can they bring it some type of of MMO, like trade dinos to breed? or will it be pure simulation single player?

Finally JPOG finally gets the squeal it deserves. They have big shoes to fill for anyone who has played the original Jurassic Park building sim. But still stoked for this.

Top Bottom