Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park and Update 1.12 - What we know so far

The raptor pen never made much sense in the movie anyway and accord to JP lore I have read the raptors were meant to be held in regular paddocks like the rest of the dinosaurs. The raptor pen looks more like a prison than an actual exhibit.
If I remember correctly, the raptor pen was never meant to be a permanent home, but a temporary holding facility because of whatever technical safety reasons.

another pet peeve i got is will the all/most JP buildings and features be "locked" to its respective campaign and sandbox only or will i be able to mix and match at my own free will? from what i have seen so far it is quite obviously apparent that frontier HAVE NOT learned from their mistakes from the Ghostbusters DLC of Planet Coaster which that makes me extremely disappointed and dissatisfied at their "progress". whoever is in charge of management at frontier (or whoever is calling the shots when it comes to game development, dlc, etc.) is clearly unintelligent or not "far-sighted" when it comes to versatility and flexibilty in the development of games.

Besides the fact that you registered only to complain and whine, I believe your language isn't helpful - despite the fact that I agree with the sentiment about mixing.

However if frontier has redesigned all buildings in 1993 style, I can deal with lack of mixing.

Secondly, I have come to the realization that in fact Sandbox mode IS the basic JPOG play mode - excluding the dynamic island creation. So not complaining. The fact that you don't need to research in sandbox is offset by hammond foundation etc.

I'm just going to list the stuff (non-story) from BiS's vids, and not in any particular order.

BestinSlot has confirmed the existence of Ankylosaurus for the DLC, he has also confirmed placeable lights and Signage as scenery items (including a blank sign, that apparently can be for any dino in the game).

He also confirmed that the remodels are cosmetic genes, which includes Lost World and JP3 raptor skins of both sexes (JP3 male had a weird, probably in development skin, but did have quills).

The Aviary is the only building known to be available in the modern era, yet there is no reskin. Pteranodon is mostly treated as a normal animal, being available from digsites and having a genome to complete, with the Aviary doubling as housing and a hatchery. There are possibly 7 skins for the Pteranodon (I'm not sure how likely the Lost World or Jurassic world ones are there, seeing as nothing was said about them). The animations do loop, but it takes a long time.

Also, Night vision and Binocular research for the safari ride (Jeeps instead of Ford Explorers for that build at least, also no mention negative or positive on driveable ones). There doesn't seem to be a monorail equivalent, with the safari ride being along the lines of the Jurassic tour from Sanctuary. There are two choices of gate for the Safari, one is the Jurassic Park one we've seen

JW buildings like the Greenhouse aren't available (or atleast don't seem to be) in the JP era sandbox.

The helicopter entrance is manually placeable.

The goat feeder skin is more for aesthetic, the goats still move freely.

The factions are separated into Paleontology, Paleobotany and Park Direction, with Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler and John Hammond as the respective heads. Dr. Malcolm gives contracts linking to both Paleontology and Paleobotany and a young Cabot Finch is subject to Park Direction.

Last edited:
i am just telling you what i went through after that GB DLC shenanigan that frontier did i am extremely cautious not to get overly hyped into disappointment
Clarify with me please, was it hype because of what they said and/showed, or was it hype you made up because of personal expectations and not what they said/showed?

i got "tricked" like a fool withe the GB DLC once before i have NO INTENTION of getting tricked again. so frontier better step up A LOT more if they want my money/respect. otherwise i will "cut off my funding and investments" to frontier and move it elsewhere (customers are also investors TOO!)

I'm sure earning your respect, after you expressed yourself with such eloquence, is one of their priorities.

I'm just going to list the stuff (non-story) from BiS's vids, and not in any particular order.

BestinSlot has confirmed the existence of Ankylosaurus for the DLC, he has also confirmed placeable lights and Signage as scenery items (including a blank sign, that apparently can be for any dino in the game).

He also confirmed that the remodels are cosmetic genes, which includes Lost World and JP3 raptor skins of both sexes (JP3 male had a weird, probably in development skin, but did have quills).

The Aviary is the only building known to be available in the modern era, yet there is no reskin. Pteranodon is mostly treated as a normal animal, being available from digsites and having a genome to complete, with the Aviary doubling as housing and a hatchery. There are possibly 7 skins for the Pteranodon (I'm not sure how likely the Lost World or Jurassic world ones are there, seeing as nothing was said about them). The animations do loop, but it takes a long time.

Also, Night vision and Binocular research for the safari ride (Jeeps instead of Ford Explorers for that build at least, also no mention negative or positive on driveable ones). There doesn't seem to be a monorail equivalent, with the safari ride being along the lines of the Jurassic tour from Sanctuary. There are two choices of gate for the Safari, one is the Jurassic Park one we've seen

The other DLC buildings aren't available (or atleast don't seem to be) in the JP era sandbox.

The factions are separated into Paleontology, Paleobotany and Park Direction, with Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler and John Hammond as the respective heads. Dr. Malcolm gives contracts linking to both Paleontology and Paleobotany and a young Cabot Finch is subject to Park Direction.

A bit of this is slightly confusing - I don't remember DLC buildings besides paleobotany, and I'm surprised that there is no mention of monorail or gyrospheres in the 1993 style.

A bit of this is slightly confusing - I don't remember DLC buildings besides paleobotany, and I'm surprised that there is no mention of monorail or gyrospheres in the 1993 style.
He did just give the Greenhouse as an example, he then proceeded to say that you can't mix JW and JP buildings. So I guess I just extrapolated in the wrong direction.

Edited now.

He did just give the Greenhouse as an example, he then proceeded to say that you can't mix JW and JP buildings. So I guess I just extrapolated in the wrong direction.

Paleobotany however is a gameplay mechanic. That's why I find odd that the greenhouse isn't there.

Paleobotany however is a gameplay mechanic. That's why I find odd that the greenhouse isn't there.
Yeah, the Paleobotany faction is a bit of an odd one, with the shared terms. I imagine it's something fairly different, more along the lines of the Science faction.

I took a screenshot of a Bestln Slot video about the upcoming new gameplay of the new Jurassic Park DLC. Looks like we'll have dinosaur breeding in the game, at least in this DLC's campaign story.

Source: https://youtu.be/E4pey1NjNw8

I took a screenshot of a Bestln Slot video about the upcoming new gameplay of the new Jurassic Park DLC. Looks like we'll have dinosaur breeding in the game, at least in this DLC's campaign story.
Yeah I'd say it's more likely a plot device (it's in the disease section and tied with a mission) got to save them from those STIs.

Might even be a lore thing to explain why the modern ones can't breed, if they're already bred with this counter measure.

Actually, Steggs has already confirmed that breeding is not a thing in this update/DLC.

JW buildings like the Greenhouse aren't available (or atleast don't seem to be) in the JP era sandbox.

I was thinking about this earlier but they probably won't add the JW aviary with all the glass plating cause it would tank frame rate on consoles. Having to deal with all the light, reflections and so on wouldn't be a good thing for performance. IMO the version they have now looks better. It's probably easier on performance.

Yeah I'd say it's more likely a plot device (it's in the disease section and tied with a mission) got to save them from those STIs.

Might even be a lore thing to explain why the modern ones can't breed, if they're already bred with this counter measure.

Actually, Steggs has already confirmed that breeding is not a thing in this update/DLC.
Where did Steggs say that?

He said so on the reddit, there's a post dedicated to it, that I've been severely downvoted on and everything.
Here's that post https://www.reddit.com/r/jurassicworldevo/comments/e1ym27 Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/jurassicworldevo/comments/e1ym27/breeding_deconfrimed_by_steggs/

It's gonna take a while to find the original by the looks.
So breeding needs to be stopped... but isn't a real feature? I'm a lot less excited now. Hopefully my lost world will be a reality some day. 😔

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the raptor pen was never meant to be a permanent home, but a temporary holding facility because of whatever technical safety reasons.

I hope they do intend to expand on it with a gameplay feature. From the gameplay we saw, it has a mission focused task of reintroducing the dinosaurs. I could see this as a hypothetical safe box for you to place in the tranquilized small carnivores until everything in the park has been rebuilt and larger threats are taken care of. Then you could release the raptors one by one and transport them to their respective exhibit.

It feels like a lot of effort for just a decoration option... 2 weeks left!

Looks like we get a couple of new skins for the old movies. Nice addition to have finally Pteranodon and Compsognathus, but what other dinosaurs can we expect to get along this dlc youn think?

Top Bottom