Newcomer / Intro Just bought the Deluxe edition of ED from steam,but I am unable to play. (Help needed)

I have no idea what people like about Steam...

In short - easy way to get a refund, if you have any problem with the game or dislike it - as long as you don't have more than 2 hours on record for this game and your purchase didn't happen more than 2 weeks ago. Refund is automatic in this case, even one might have to wait a couple of hours until the money is back in your steam wallet. To me this is a huge benefit - because gaming companies are rarely that generous.

Hi there,

I had the same issue, I solved it following those steps:
1. Connect to https://www.frontierstore.net/customer/accountpage/
2. Go to "adress book" and add a billing address
3. Go to "Product access key" and add all the keys provided by Steam.
You can acces your key in Steam, RMB on Elite Dangerous, "Show CD key".
4. Launch Elite Dangerous using its .exe directly, which can be found in Steam directory ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\EDlaunch.exe
5. Log in the ED launcher --> a confirmation code will be send to your email, you need it for 1st connexion.
6. Enjoy! You can launch ED through steam directly after that.

I guess the validation code was blocking the process.

I hope it will work for you.

i had the same problems and did it like that but it did not work.
after i enter the verification code the launcher told me to buy the game or enter the key ... after i enter the key it told me that it was used previously.
i did buy ED 2015 and at this time i had playing it for 123hr already ... i also buy the Horizon DLC (when it was still new) and also the Season Pass.

about point 3 ... i just have 1 code for ED somehow ... anybody how to show the DLC Keys? (when i enter the steam key it told me that the key is used previously)

i had the same problems and did it like that but it did not work.
after i enter the verification code the launcher told me to buy the game or enter the key ... after i enter the key it told me that it was used previously.
i did buy ED 2015 and at this time i had playing it for 123hr already ... i also buy the Horizon DLC (when it was still new) and also the Season Pass.

about point 3 ... i just have 1 code for ED somehow ... anybody how to show the DLC Keys? (when i enter the steam key it told me that the key is used previously)

Would this help:

or even:

Failing those, if you raise a support ticket explaining when you bought the game (and Horizons if different) then they can sort you out.

Top Bottom