Just bought the game

Deep exploration gives good credits?
also is there a way to teleport my character and leave ships in different parts of the universe?

1. Exploration can provide a good return - best payout is for mapping high-value planets (Earth-Like World{ELW}, Water-World{WW}, Ammonia World{AW}, and terraformable WW and high metal content worlds {HMC}) - these payouts in turn are considerably higher for first-discovered and first-mapped. Bear in mind though that at the moment you can earn hundreds of millions in an hour from certain types of mining. The main attraction of exploration is actually getting out into the black and doing it, the credits are secondary and (like the first discovered and mapped "tags") are only awarded on selling the data.

2. No

You can leave ships dotted about or have them transported TO you (at a station with a shipyard) for a fee (and with a delay) - same with stored modules - but you have to actually make journeys yourself.

BTW - The Newcomer's sub-forum is a warm and cosy place that welcomes all questions and provides much help to anyone and usually quite promptly too:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forums/elite-dangerous-newcomers-guides-tutorials/

Oh hey, @v1nnieb and friend, @V3nkman , @EliteAtheist , @DarkCarney and any other new folks, head on over to the 'what are you up to' thread and let us know how you're getting on in the ED Galaxy!

Also, at time of posting, Humble Bundle still has the Horizons Pass on sale for £5 for about another 20 hours, so if you're enjoying the game abd haven't got it yet, now is a good time to pick that up if you didn't already!

Got it separate to mey Humble Bundle ED account, and worked first time without a Support Ticket!

Hope to hear from you CMDR's!

Just bought the game on steam, currently downloading. Have about 6hrs & 30minutes of download time.

Been waiting to get my hands on the game after watching vids (more interested in mining). My only problem though, is what are the odds of encountering a roadblock when linking my steam account to frontier?
My forum account was one of those created before the March Forum Update. Right now, accounts are universal for the frontier store, forums & ED, but in my case, I can only access the forums, not the store, so chances are, I probably can't link steam with my frontier account w/o hitting a roadblock.

Last edited:
My forum account was one of those created before the March Forum Update. Right now, accounts are universal for the frontier store, forums & ED, but in my case, I can only access the forums, not the store, so chances are, I probably can't link steam with my frontier account w/o hitting a roadblock.

I don't understand your issue. My forum account was created in 2015 and I can access the store. However, maybe you are confusing "frontierstore.net" with the "elitedangerous.com" places. So can you see if you can log-in to the frontier store "https://www.frontierstore.net/"?

I don't understand your issue. My forum account was created in 2015 and I can access the store. However, maybe you are confusing "frontierstore.net" with the "elitedangerous.com" places. So can you see if you can log-in to the frontier store "https://www.frontierstore.net/"?

Sadly I can't access the frontier store using my forum account. Can't login into it. Don't know why.
Went ahead in making a frontier account for ED anyway.

Top Bottom