Just for fun: If you could choose 3 easy to make animals for the second anniversary, which ones would that be?

The trio I would pick would be:
  • Eastern Grey Kangaroo - A grey kangaroo would be the simplest macropod to model from the Red Kangaroo (aside from the Antilopine Kangaroo/Wallaroo, but they're very rare in zoos). Mostly requires some adjustments to the head to make it less mule-like, a few small body fixes, a retexture and a thicker coat of fur. Arctic Wolf level stuff basically. Gives us macropod representation for wetter and more temperate environments.
  • Sumatran Tiger - Really simple, just scale down the Bengal Tiger and make a few minor changes. Would be greatly appreciated by me at least due to their greater prominence in Australasian zoos, plus the fact they're the most distinct of living tigers.
  • American Black Bear - Although I would prefer a Spectacled Bear, I would prefer more work be done on such a unique animal (similar to the Sun Bear). The American Black Bear would, like the tiger, be a really simple job yet also one that would make a lot of people happy.

Wallaby: re skin the red kangaroo, should be simple unless resizing an existing model is difficult.
Coyote: Re skin the dhole
Gaur: re skin the African buffalo
looking at others suggestions. I think the alligator would take some work as it’s features hanging out on the surface of water would be different, features on the gator would have to be smaller then the crocs.
The sun bears are so derpy it’s incredible. I don’t think any other bear has the right to use the model. idk if Formosan bears could cut it for American black bear re skin.
Warthogs and babirusas are too different from other swine that I don’t think a simple re skin/size would be acceptable for the models of red River hogs and other swine.
Lemurs I think could be simple enough.

Last edited:
  • Mexican Wolf - Smallest wolf subspecies in America and very endangered; in my personal experience, it's very common in zoos.
  • Masai Giraffe - Very visually unique subspecies of Giraffe; considered a distinct species by some.
  • American Flamingo or maybe James's Flamingo - either one is a very pretty flamingo, although the James's is also notable for being very small.
idk if Formosan bears could cut it for American black bear re skin.
If that which we can't talk about is anything to go by, yeah it can...

@Fossa it isn’t but to be fair neither were any of your 3 selections. The black rhino would require a new model as well as the spectacled bear to be done right. You might be able to work the fomosan black bear into one with some work. Even a leopard is not a direct reskin of a jaguar. Otherwise your not getting a actual leopard but a jaguar with leopard spotting.
6EAE9DB2-B8A0-4DE0-80F0-2D1375FD58A8.jpeg

Oh this one is tough, but if I had to pick just 3, they would probably be:

1) Maned Wolf
2) American Black Bear (with all the color variations they come in)
3) Tasmanian Devil

Honorable mentions:
-Przewalski's horse
-Moose
-Elk
-Coyote
-Wombat

American Black Bear
(We could get spectacled and/or Sloth in an animal pack or something)
Black Rhino
Somali Wild Donkey or Ethiopian Wolf or Addax or Scimitar Oryx (Can't decide between them I love them all)

Asian Small clawed otter
Humboldt Penguin (yeah, I cheated, I bet we have the african before novembre)
Emu

But you know... we won't get anything for second anniversary. I highly doubt they learned their lesson.

Okay so a lot of what has already been posted just goes to show how meaningless the words "easy to make" are. Clearly none of us has any idea how easy or difficult any animal would be to make. Almost every animal can be made out of an existing rig (and almost every animal has been - the Bactrian camel started out as a zebra, believe it or not) so if that's the only criterion then you might as well just say "bottlenose dolphin" or something (it's conceivable that it could start out as a grey seal, is my point).

If we're talking about quick jobs that would require the most minimal changes - for me it would be the Sumatran tiger, Masai giraffe, and black-and-white ruffed lemur. What I'm looking at are animals that wouldn't need drastic changes to their sounds, behaviours, models, animations, biomes, and so on; in my three chosen examples, the necessary adjustments would be small.
Good post. Additionally, in the spirit of this thread, I really can't imagine Frontier would be keen on giving up something as flashy or iconic as an American black bear or red river hog for free, anniversary or not. Two of my ideal picks, the American alligator and gray kangaroo, still feel too different and high effort and marketable for me to feel like they'd be reasonable choices here. So I think I'd go with the black and white ruffed lemur, American flamingo, and white-fronted capuchin monkey. Is asking for a free alternative to an otherwise paid DLC animal too much? ...Maybe but I really want more small primates.

1) Arctic Fox <-make the arctic wolf smaller with minor tweaks
2) Masai Giraffe (idk how to spell it)
3) Grevy's Zebra

Yea, I am very well aware that chances of this happening are probably around zero, so I am not really expecting anything this year, still its interesting to see what animals would others see as appropriate as free animals.
It is interesting but I also think it shows a real disconnect with reality. Looking at your choices in the OP, the American flamingo and ruffed lemur are probably good examples of "easy" animals in terms of "most minimal possible changes while still being exciting" (i.e. not another wolf or brown bear), but then the jackal goes off the rails a little because even if it seems similar to the wolf or wild dog on the surface, it's a completely different species with a much greater degree of evolutionary separation from wolves.

Suggesting something like the red river hog is just absurd, after that. They're absolutely nothing like warthogs or babirusa.

Top Bottom