JWE 2

I really like JWE and most of its faults stem from the fact that it took them a year to put what should have been in at launch (minus dino packs and most content in the dlcs). As of now the biggest issues that I cant see the current game dealing with that a sequel could do better is mainly better terrain editing (like zoo world supposedly will have) and making gameplay that isnt centered on breakouts and disasters. Dino AI could be more interesting but that could be fixed in the current game as is.

What would you recommend that would be the center of the gameplay? The struggle is having such animals being alive in a park/zoo like environment. Keeping guest as well as the other animals alive and safe as is based in the property. What would you have added to that? I agree, Dino AI could definitely be improved as I already mentioned. Esp. with the distinctions they are supposedly giving the animals in PZ. I believe it would be wise to do likewise to the animals in JWE2. :)

With the current state of the game and how slow the updates are, I prefer to wait and save my expectations to a new installment than to wait for them to fix the current game.
After 1 year of his release the game did not change anything. it is boring to try to be creative with the limitations that exist in the space of the islands and the tools of land, a few rocks and some trees do not give the immersion that could really offer, look what PK has achieved and it is a game that was developed with a much smaller budget than JWE.

I don't see how you could say that. With the updates made since release. The game has improved. The animals remain impressive even with the faults in not having enough AI to make them more interesting. However, they are more than what they started out to be. Wouldn't you agree? What would you have them do in a sequel that would have to happen in order to appeal to buy the game? What would you want?

For once, away from your suggestions of how new things with possible foreseen problems that can be solved, I agree with a lot here. This is how most of today's modern games since the early years of this decade are like now. Mainstream developer companies launch games in base forms with much of their content in a "complete" state, then, depending on the structure of their teams and other business related factors, add new content and/or update their content based on general feedback as time goes for however long they wish, like from a couple of months to several years. I know of plenty and own myself a few mainstream games from this decade that still do or have gone through that way of development and business.

Frontier Development's current active community games which are Elite: Dangerous (2014), Planet Coaster (2016), and Jurassic World Evolution (2018) are no exceptions to this rule. Even to this day, all three games are still being actively developed after their full releases, and there's no reason not to think that Planet Zoo (2019) will also be the same. Since Planet Zoo is another one of Frontier's games I am following, I to will also giving their game my suggestions and ideas after its full release if the same thing will happen as with the other three previous games, which I think would.

If there really is a sequel in the making, I very strongly doubt it's going to be what everyone (excluding a couple of exceptions) in the JWE community believes or assumes it's going to be like (same content from the previous game, but with much more content).

You don't think with the additional updates to their game engine and how they so far state approached the animals in PZ. Will then make its way to advance the possible JWE2?

You don't think with the additional updates to their game engine and how they so far state approached the animals in PZ. Will then make its way to advance the possible JWE2?
That really depends on what is planned and how the actual major IP owners want the game Frontier will develop shall or should be like.

That really depends on what is planned and how the actual major IP owners want the game Frontier will develop shall or should be like.

True, but here's hoping for greater and better things. I hope Universal agrees and the team at FD will be able to make it happen. :)

I don't know if I explained enough of what I meant as cinematic. Remember the moment when the T-Rex breaks out or is in the trees hunting the gallimimus in PJ. Then who can forget the end where the raptors are cornering the people and the T-Rex comes in to take control of the situation followed by the victorious roar. Then the stegosaurus walking and then defending their young. The two Rexs protecting the area as moving the RV over the cliff. The raptors in the tall grass doing stealth attacks. The Triceratops ramming and destroying the encampment. The great scene of the Spino and Rex going at it in JP3. The river ride while watching the animals on both side drinking, grazing and being curious of the people and etc. It would be awesome to see anything like these events, animations and having the same feeling as watching it for the first time in those movies. Getting the same feeling every time you watch those moments. These are things I would love to see make it in JWE2.

What would you recommend that would be the center of the gameplay?

I dont have a problem with breakouts/disasters being part of the gameplay but when this game came out that was really the entire focus of it. I would rather the gameplay be focused on actually managing a park. Making attractions that appeal to certain guests, creating different styles of parks like a small walk through zoo or a free roam safari park experience, tending to dinos like they are true individuals that are part of the park and not just trex-36.

Some of this you can do in this game but because of the main focus on really annoying disasters and nothing else its really hard to do so. Guests more or less do not exists in any way. You plop down and spam fastfood/giftshops/etc whenever you place down a new hotel or viewing gallery. Since the guests are just ghosts they dont care what is actually in the park or how it looks so people end up just reusing their favorite dinos and doing the same things over and over unless they force themselves to do otherwise. because they built dinos around disasters they have stupid limitations with how you house them. All dinos are better off with the smallest enclosure possible because giving them more space does nothing to better satiate them. I could go on but literally take some cues from roller coaster tycoon 3 and zoo tycoon 2.

I dont have a problem with breakouts/disasters being part of the gameplay but when this game came out that was really the entire focus of it. I would rather the gameplay be focused on actually managing a park. Making attractions that appeal to certain guests, creating different styles of parks like a small walk through zoo or a free roam safari park experience, tending to dinos like they are true individuals that are part of the park and not just trex-36.

Some of this you can do in this game but because of the main focus on really annoying disasters and nothing else its really hard to do so. Guests more or less do not exists in any way. You plop down and spam fastfood/giftshops/etc whenever you place down a new hotel or viewing gallery. Since the guests are just ghosts they dont care what is actually in the park or how it looks so people end up just reusing their favorite dinos and doing the same things over and over unless they force themselves to do otherwise. because they built dinos around disasters they have stupid limitations with how you house them. All dinos are better off with the smallest enclosure possible because giving them more space does nothing to better satiate them. I could go on but literally take some cues from roller coaster tycoon 3 and zoo tycoon 2.

I see what you are saying. True, I would like the guest to be more than just ghost. Also talked about changes we would like for shops and things. There are really lack of attractions. There isn't events that we as players can schedule. Like a T-Rex feeding that was shown in JW or hoping for aquatics so we can show off the Mosasaurus eating a shark and swimming down into the tank. That would be awesome. I really would like to build my own Tyrannosaurus Rex Kingdom like in JW if they would give the goods to do so :)

Also haven't you noticed that the breakouts and disasters aren't that cinematic or epic? Wouldn't be awesome to get a similar feel for when the I-Rex and T-Rex broke out the enclosures in the movies. Even when the Spino burst through the steel barrier. That was pretty awesome. Imagine if we had moments like those. :)

I don't see how you could say that. With the updates made since release. The game has improved. The animals remain impressive even with the faults in not having enough AI to make them more interesting. However, they are more than what they started out to be. Wouldn't you agree? What would you have them do in a sequel that would have to happen in order to appeal to buy the game? What would you want?
I just want dinosaurs to adapt to the canon of the JP/W universe, I'm not even asking for feathers or precise sizes for dinosaurs but velociraptors don't hunt in groups, baryonyx and suchomimus can't coexist in the same enclosure without killing each other.
at JPOG, I had animations of the velociraptors attacking the large carnivores and herbivores in groups, Trex had unique animations to fight with spinosaurus, ankylosaurus, triceratops and stegosaurus, special animations in each dinosaurs would make them feel unique. they should even create groups of dinosaurs so that there is no disparity of a baryonyx stupidly trying to fight a T-rex, JPOG knew that and the small carnivores fled from the large carnivores.

I just want dinosaurs to adapt to the canon of the JP/W universe, I'm not even asking for feathers or precise sizes for dinosaurs but velociraptors don't hunt in groups, baryonyx and suchomimus can't coexist in the same enclosure without killing each other.
at JPOG, I had animations of the velociraptors attacking the large carnivores and herbivores in groups, Trex had unique animations to fight with spinosaurus, ankylosaurus, triceratops and stegosaurus, special animations in each dinosaurs would make them feel unique. they should even create groups of dinosaurs so that there is no disparity of a baryonyx stupidly trying to fight a T-rex, JPOG knew that and the small carnivores fled from the large carnivores.

I understand what you are saying. I hope for a lot better than JPOG :)

Agree. Was also wondering if this could be part of an Owen Grady DLC? Similar to the paleobotany thing, but for carnivores.

A complete remake of the food-chain implementation, with carnivore species-grouping by size would be cool. Also if this included 'prefered preys' for each species.

Maybe going a bit further it could also provide a bit more individualization for them: let's say a TRX has 'prefered preys' Edmontosaurus, Cows and Humans, the first prey it hunts after leaving the hatchery could influence his individual 'prefered prey' and rating.

Similarly, a more docile species such as Dilophosaurus could have 'carcases, goats and humans' so if one of them happens to kill a goat after being release, it would tag them as favorite and increase their chance of hunting them.

Raptors and more aggressive species could still have a bigger chance of tagging humans or bigger, easier to kill herbivores as favorite whatever their first kill.

But, yeah, the most pressing feature would be dividing those species that can cohexist.

I'm not sure about Suchomimus and Baryonyx, though. I know they both being together in the Cretaceous Cruise is canon, but could this be because of the invisible fencing network? They were in the most open attraction (were there any steel fences there?). Besides, their hunting niche is virtually the same, so they're bound to rival for food. But they come from different geography, so...

Agree. Was also wondering if this could be part of an Owen Grady DLC? Similar to the paleobotany thing, but for carnivores.

A complete remake of the food-chain implementation, with carnivore species-grouping by size would be cool. Also if this included 'prefered preys' for each species.

Maybe going a bit further it could also provide a bit more individualization for them: let's say a TRX has 'prefered preys' Edmontosaurus, Cows and Humans, the first prey it hunts after leaving the hatchery could influence his individual 'prefered prey' and rating.

Similarly, a more docile species such as Dilophosaurus could have 'carcases, goats and humans' so if one of them happens to kill a goat after being release, it would tag them as favorite and increase their chance of hunting them.

Raptors and more aggressive species could still have a bigger chance of tagging humans or bigger, easier to kill herbivores as favorite whatever their first kill.

But, yeah, the most pressing feature would be dividing those species that can cohexist.

I'm not sure about Suchomimus and Baryonyx, though. I know they both being together in the Cretaceous Cruise is canon, but could this be because of the invisible fencing network? They were in the most open attraction (were there any steel fences there?). Besides, their hunting niche is virtually the same, so they're bound to rival for food. But they come from different geography, so...

Suchomimus and Baryonyx, I think they could be in the same enclosure and swim to hunt down fish. I think a better fish implemented system should be addressed as in a water way. So that they could swim and get the fish themselves. The Spinoraptor and Spino could do the same thing. I would like a better ecosystem dynamic. Cows, bison, wildebeest, pigs, wild boar, fish, sharks, goats and sheep aren't difficult prey. Therefore if the carnivores are satisfied. Then they wouldn't make waves with the housing herbivores. Much less likely of a conflict. :) What do you think? That way like the herbivores they get the desired meat they want.

Last edited:
So far, from things addressed in PZ. Was curious about the thoughts implementing them in JWE2. Like having paths just for rangers and personnel. That way our guest don't just go where they want. Maybe a skill of finding out who is tampering with our park and being able to apprehend them. Guest satisfaction, should it be like PZ? As in if the animals are happy. Then the guest are happy.

Also was thinking what if they added a new faction like the well being of the animals with contracts from Claire. I would like her, Owen Grady and Ian Malcolm play more of a role in the game. I think it would also be perfect to add Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ellie Sattler. Especially if they ever bring in JP decor, structures and such. It would even be great to start JWE2 with JP and move into JW. Could even have some voice overs/lines from John Hammond to call back to JP. Then maybe to have Owen Grady with an actual training facility for raptors. If not also to train other animals perhaps.

Say we get aquatics, would it be more in line with a sea world like atmosphere? It would be awesome to present some of them in the stadium tank. Perhaps have the ability to switch the animals out. Perhaps even have a terror dome where animals are able to battle it out in a stadium like setting instead of just making it happen in the enclosures. They had something similar to that in Lego JW.

I know this is mostly a management sim but how could we bring more of the action and adventure from the series into the next installment of the game? How can it be more elaborate than just breakouts and weather? Would we want them to be more dramatic and diverse? What about a real sense of danger for our guest and animals? I think all of it should be pretty severe at the get go and it would take R&D to calm it down the further you go. To the point where you don't have to worry about it so much anymore. Yet when it happens, it still has a great threat on the guest and animals. I still hope for epic cinematics when these things occur. What do we want in order to enjoy our animals more? What do you all think?

Last edited:
Deeper contracts that require vehicle use. Especially a more involved deptiction of Veteranarian care. something more than running out with the ranger and darting someone but you're required to tanq an animal then stay nearby while a veteranarian runs a checkup. Inspiration taken from the sick dino scene in the film/book and when the book mentioned about how they had tranq'd the rex to brush its teeth every now and then. I don't intend this as a regualr errand like the feeders, but as a common mission would be a huge improvement over "Add Research Speed 2.0 to Research Center" when the Research Center already has 3.0 in all 3 slots.

Also: Maybe even something like the Claire Sactuary mission where you have to test vaccines to ensure their efficacy as a more standard part of the vaccine research process.

Deeper contracts that require vehicle use. Especially a more involved deptiction of Veteranarian care. something more than running out with the ranger and darting someone but you're required to tanq an animal then stay nearby while a veteranarian runs a checkup. Inspiration taken from the sick dino scene in the film/book and when the book mentioned about how they had tranq'd the rex to brush its teeth every now and then. I don't intend this as a regualr errand like the feeders, but as a common mission would be a huge improvement over "Add Research Speed 2.0 to Research Center" when the Research Center already has 3.0 in all 3 slots.

Also: Maybe even something like the Claire Sactuary mission where you have to test vaccines to ensure their efficacy as a more standard part of the vaccine research process.
I agree for the most part. I think for game play. It might be better to have an actual vet facility that is linked to the hatchery. That way, we can tranq then transport them to that place of operations so that the vet takes care of it there. If looking up on the animal, we would be able to see the vet taking care of it in the facility. I still would like to see the dino eggs and them hatch like/similar in the first JP. :)

So far, from things addressed in PZ. Was curious about the thoughts implementing them in JWE2. Like having paths just for rangers and personnel. That way our guest don't just go where they want. Maybe a skill of finding out who is tampering with our park and being able to apprehend them. Guest satisfaction, should it be like PZ? As in if the animals are happy. Then the guest are happy.

Also was thinking what if they added a new faction like the well being of the animals with contracts from Claire. I would like her, Owen Grady and Ian Malcolm play more of a role in the game. I think it would also be perfect to add Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ellie Sattler. Especially if they ever bring in JP decor, structures and such. It would even be great to start JWE2 with JP and move into JW. Could even have some voice overs/lines from John Hammond to call back to JP. Then maybe to have Owen Grady with an actual training facility for raptors. If not also to train other animals perhaps.

Say we get aquatics, would it be more in line with a sea world like atmosphere? It would be awesome to present some of them in the stadium tank. Perhaps have the ability to switch the animals out. Perhaps even have a terror dome where animals are able to battle it out in a stadium like setting instead of just making it happen in the enclosures. They had something similar to that in Lego JW.

I know this is mostly a management sim but how could we bring more of the action and adventure from the series into the next installment of the game? How can it be more elaborate than just breakouts and weather? Would we want them to be more dramatic and diverse? What about a real sense of danger for our guest and animals? I think all of it should be pretty severe at the get go and it would take R&D to calm it down the further you go. To the point where you don't have to worry about it so much anymore. Yet when it happens, it still has a great threat on the guest and animals. I still hope for epic cinematics when these things occur. What do we want in order to enjoy our animals more? What do you all think?

I have been watching some of PZ videos and I am excited for the game. But also the possibilities for a JWE sequel. I like that volumetric water. Many of the features in PZ would be great in JWE2.

Staff only paths would definitely be a good feature to have in JWE2. It’s quite strange at the moment to have scientists and security walking alongside the tourists, especially considering how there were staff only areas within Jurassic World, which were restricted to the visitors.

For the guest satisfaction, perhaps they could use PZ's system. It would be a fantastic realisation of Simon Masrani's way of knowing that the animals are enjoying life in the park!

I believe it would be great to have as many characters from the Jurassic franchise play an integral role within JWE2, whether they would play an integral part to the game's story, help the develop the parks or advise the player on what to do. I've come up with a list of characters who I think it would be good to see in a sequel:

Masrani Global CEO (Owner of InGen and Jurassic World) - Simon Masrani
Head of InGen Technologies (Science Division) - Dr. Henry Wu
Head of InGen Parks and Resorts (Entertainment Division) - Isaac Clement (?)
Head of InGen Security (Security Division) - Vic Hoskins

Founder of Dinosaur Protection Group (Head of Animal Welfare) - Claire Dearing
Lead Animal Trainer - Owen Grady
Commander of Asset Containment - Katashi Hamada
Chief Veterinarian - Zia Rodriguez
Resident Advisor - Dr. Ian Malcolm
Resident Palaeontologist - Dr. Alan Grant
Resident Palaeobotanist - Dr. Ellie Sattler
Resident Palaeobehaviourist - Dr. Sarah Harding

Regarding the campaign, I believe it would be best if the campaign of the game would start out in 2002, when plans for the new park were announced to the world and a year after the events of JP///. During this campaign players will use only Jurassic World assets (structures, decorations etc.).

If players manage to complete the main JW campaign, they will unlock something along the lines of a New Game Plus, a new campaign where Simon Masrani chooses to to resurrect the Jurassic Park brand. Within this campaign, players will have access to Jurassic Park's assets however they will both have to build their park in a very different way compared to how they built Jurassic World, and also face various difficulties (e.g. The JP brand having negative connotations would make it harder to attract visitors at the start of the game).

One of the biggest issues that Jurassic World Evolution has is that it doesn’t really punish you if people get killed by the dinosaurs breaking out of containment. Thanks to Cabot Finch being too good at his job at minimising the financial payouts, fifty people could be eaten by the carnivores yet you'll only have to pay roughly $200,000. Despite the films showing that if visitors or staff get killed, InGen and Masrani Global have to pay out millions in damages. This can be resolved by having there be proper financial consequences that are proportional to the star rating and how much money it’s making.

e.g. If you have a large and successful 5 star Jurassic World making around a 20 million dollars an hour, and an Indominus rex breaks and kills a dozen of people. Then the player has to be fined somewhere around either $60 million or $120 million, with a massive dent to the park’s reputation that would last for a few (in-game) months.

Another feature that would be great to have in a possible sequel, would be the ability to do proper research projects that would take time to complete. For example, I.B.R.I.S. would involve the studying and training of animals like Velociraptor and Troodon, and make them both safer to contain and more enjoyable for visitors.

Staff only paths would definitely be a good feature to have in JWE2. It’s quite strange at the moment to have scientists and security walking alongside the tourists, especially considering how there were staff only areas within Jurassic World, which were restricted to the visitors.
Personally, I think it would be best if they take the Zoo Tycoon 2 route and allow players to build fences and add gates that only zoo staff can pass through... always loved how you could create these little restricted areas that only the staff could enter.

Maybe they could even add staff specific buildings like rest areas, cafeterias or storage sheds that boost things like staff efficiency? Or what about staff happiness? Because if you don't keep them happy they might sabotage something? That's another thing JWE is lacking, especially for a management sim... real staff management and interactions...

For the guest satisfaction, perhaps they could use PZ's system. It would be a fantastic realisation of Simon Masrani's way of knowing that the animals are enjoying life in the park!
The more inspiration they take from PZ (and PC while we're at it) the better... that game already looks leagues beyond what JWE is in its current state, and PZ hasn't even been released yet!

Last edited:
Personally, I think it would be best if they take the Zoo Tycoon 2 route and allow players to build fences and add gates that only zoo staff can pass through... always loved how you could create these little restricted areas that only the staff could enter.

Maybe they could even add staff specific buildings like rest areas, cafeterias or storage sheds that boost things like staff efficiency? Or what about staff happiness? Because if you don't keep them happy they might sabotage something? That's another thing JWE is lacking, especially for a management sim... real staff management and interactions...

The more inspiration they take from PZ (and PC while we're at it) the better... that game already looks leagues beyond what JWE is in its current state, and PZ hasn't even been released yet!

It's a real balancing system though. We don't want it to be all about the management as we want to enjoy our animals. I agree, that if they took a lot from ZT2 would help. Plus the new engine would go leaps about bounds beyond what the game is presently. I hope they already starting making the sequel so that they can have it polished and improved way beyond JWE by the time JW3 comes out.. I agree that rest areas, cafeterias and etc. Would be nice as well as more JP/JW decor. Like I said before. I would love to make my own T-Rex Kingdom. Then would love to do the same for the other animals as well as so much more. Epic cinematic experiences as in battles, shows, breakouts and so on that would be in a variety. Not mentioning the pack/herd and individual characteristics of each animal. I hope they aim higher than their first release trailer. :)

Top Bottom